What's your weather like?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 23, 2008.

1. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Weather nice today...after my trip this afternoon will get something done. We missed the really bad winds as well.

2. Compost Corner

Compost Corner Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Here in Somerset it has been warm and sunny today. Not enough breeze for comfort so Cookie and I
    have done nothing but sit under the umbrella on the patio.Tomorrow we are dealing with the compost heaps and going to the tip - what fun!

3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good evening all (blimey I've morphed into Dixon,lol),
    Well I tried to sit out in the sun today but every time I did, the clouds came over:(. I wouldn't be beat though, I just put on my cardi & some socks lol. Now of course it is beautiful out - and i'm in!

Compost Corner, good to see you back on. Coo, you've got an exciting day tomorrow - aaww. Never mind enjoy the rest of the week.

cheers

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    :D Thanks Borrowers!

Mum keeps all the best jobs for when I come and visit! ;)

Still, at least she hasn't set me back on to the ROOT FROM HELL - a massively thick yew root which defeats man beast and chainsaw to remove - if I'm very naughty I have to go and sit digging it out for a while! :p

Kath :)

5. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Had a wind storm tonight, and as I live practically on top of our little hill we get all of the wind, and we had a bit of hail too, some holes here and there, and two hydrangea flowers were cut down cleanly, the stem shot through, two hail stones with real good aim, I'dsay.

6. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    been a beautifull day here :D[​IMG]

7. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    The day was lovely also here. Had a nice bbq outside :) Lovely pic!

8. Julie C

Julie C Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Living in the most easterly town in Gt. Britain, I'm afraid we suffer from a lot of wind! :o

My poor plants have taken quite a battering over the last couple of weeks. My clematis(es?) are looking sorry for themselves and my Golden Showers climbing rose has had its bright and fragrant blooms blown away. My hanging baskets almost swung off the brackets and my cordylines needed straightening up :mad: I have become so downhearted about the devastation the wind causes to my garden over the years that a couple of years ago I decided to plant hardy climbers instead of delicate ones. At least my pyracanthas and cotoneasters don't get affected by the gales ;)

Sitting in the garden when it's windy is out of the question, thank God for my conservatory! :)

9. vegpatch

vegpatch Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Windy, windy, windy. I hate wind

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    turned out to be a very nice day but getting a bit chilly now so ive come indoors:D
    [​IMG]

11. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
  12. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
  13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,calm and mostly cloudy today a tad cool you wouldn't think it was midsummers day and we have been told we will have autumn weather in july,to think I converted part of my garden to a mediterrainian style garden a couple of years ago because we were going to have long hot summers,what next? have a good day everyone.:thumb:

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning walnut and everyone,
    yesterday was sunny and calm after the winds of the previous day. Today looks set for another good one. It is very calm out there and not a cloud in the sky.

Compost and Cookie, enjoy your heaps and tip :thumb: :D

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    The sun is rising and we have blue sky with white fluffy clouds AND no wind which is nice.Just off to put me washing out.Hope you all have a nice sunny day:thumb: