1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your weather like?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Last night we had a real gothic storm. One roll of thunder was continuous withe next and the sheets of lightning were so close together the sky just stayed light. Lost my telly of course and couldn't go to the pub for torrential rain.

Today everything feels clean and the sun is fighting through. Good old Britain.:D

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,227
    John, couldn't go to the pub!!!!! :eek: :eek: I didn't hear that on the news :D :D

3. kazy

kazy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mornin all the sun is shinin here, but the clouds are looming, had same day as you yesterday lyn.Strange.

4. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    After a fantastic day last night its wet wet wet today.

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all..
    John we had pretty much the same thunder storm as yourself early yesterday evening but today is dry...... at least for now! Hel.xxx.

6. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hi Dear Helen pouring of rain here and walked for my paper and car wet fast through a water and yes you know the rest ,would have got wet anyway but not as soaked.

7. Tropical_Gaz

Tropical_Gaz Gardener

Ratings:
    +245
    Nice weekend apart from a little rain on Sunday morning, but not enough to stop me from doing a bit in the garden. Was rather ironinc that that i was removing winter rain shelters from over the more tender young plants on a day when it was raining.

Then my neighbours deicded to chop down and burn virtually everything in their garden - trees, bushes etc. Its a mixed blessing in some ways, a lot more light now gets into my garden and house, but the mature trees did look good, and added a nice backdrop to everything. A good pruning may have been better.

(i wanted to link to a picture, but having trouble working out how to do it on the new board - pic here anyway http://hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=2140&mode=view )

8. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all, just popped into the g/house to switch the heater on sky is clear at the moment and temperature is dropping, sunrise will soon send it up again, after a nice start to the day heavy rain is forecast for later,have a good day everyone.

10. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,736
    Morning all Its another beautiful day its dry and the Sun is on its way up we won,t worry about what comes later we will just enjoy Now. :)

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Walnut and Woo we have thick fog out there this morning :(but it looks like the sun is trying to come through to burn it off.There is also a slight wind out there.

Enjoy your day:)

12. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    It must be OK because Ed didn't wan't to come in from his first wander round the garden. Certainly sunny but strikes me as being on the cool side. Got a nice little scarlet willow at Morrison's yesterday for £1.99 and it already looks good in a corner.

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys, Kandy and all.

Looks pretty decent outside sun up and shining I think we have been 'promised' the same weather as yourself Walnut but you never know someone might outwit the Met Office yet! Have a nice day people.;) Hel.xxx.

14. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :eek:Do you guys ever sleep???? I'm off to work but would gladly get back in the pit!:D
    Looks like rain in the sky out there...:(

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Guys and Gals :)

Been a damp old night in Darkest Devon but dry for now and the sun is feebly trying to make an appearance!

Sarra - lets see a photo of your willow chuck! Scarlett Willow sounds pretty.

Walnut - got your PM.... ! :thumb:

WOO - what is the happiness juice you drink .. and can I have some. Your posts are always uplifting.

KF - like the Chinchilla pics - agree with you though - they are not an animal to take on on a whim. They are high maintenance critters!

Paladin - have a good day at work.

Hel - have a lovely day and may see you for one of our witching hour chats later this week!

Have a happy safe day people
    Kath x