What's your weather like?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all,lovely photo there Woo:thumb: Started off dry but now it has started raining again:rolleyes: I think it is going to be bad for the rest of the month from what they were saying:eek: So much for having dry summers,they can't get anything right:(

2. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Well it's fingers crossed here! Nothing done by the poor hard up landowners to clear the ditches since the last flood and now we are expecting heavy rain on already water logged lands.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Rain, rain & rain here today... Has been raining for hrs...!:(

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

4. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    As I said Marley......fingers crossed we don't flood again!

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :eek::eek::( Oh Pal, we must have posted together as I didn't see your post..!! My first thoughts were of you up there when I saw the rain this morning...!!!! Hopefully the worst rain will be further South of us & you will be OK.... Are you staying home today, just in case anything happens..??!!! :mad:
    :thumb: Take care both of you...!:)

I cannot for the life of me understand why the landowners do not clear ditches etc any more.. Even the brook down the fields... Where trees have fallen in the last few years... Since the farm was sold off to horsey people who have turned it into a livery stable & a steeplechase, absolutely no clearing is done...!!!! It now floods all over the place because of that & it also makes for very nasty stagnant pools in it in the hot weather... So sad to see as it was always kept clear & healthy when the land was farmed....!!!!!!;)

:thumb: Take care Mr & Mrs Pal will be watching that weather..!!!!:eek::thumb:

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys it's looking good outside although we have been promised rain.:(

Pal I'm always weather watching more so as we are only a village away from that blooming dam that nearly burst it's banks last year although we are very lucky indeed as it's down the hill from us hundreds were not so lucky like yourself and got flooded out of their homes. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you sweetie and praying for some dry weather.;) Hel.xxx.

7. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    its chucking it down here and has been for days , according to the papers this is how its gonna be for the rest of the summer GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    started to rain when I looked out of the bedroom window to check if my garden was still there:) and it has nto stopped yet.
    At work, I'm kept like a mushroom so don't get to see much daylight.:D

Doing some rather long hours this week and I know the garden will start to feel neglected if I don't spend some hours out there soon. I need more then 24 hours in a day.

9. Labrador

Labrador Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Clouding up here in Wroxham, Norfolk. Watery sun with rain expected soon, obviously, as I have an afternoon off to get into the garden:(:(

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning all,
    Walnut, you're right, the rain has got here :thumb: :). It is a very steady drizzle and looks as though it may be set for the day. The garden really needs it.

Pal, Mrs shiney and I hope that everything is OK down your way :thumb:. If you're thinking of moving you would be welcome in our neck of the woods :D. I thought it was the legal duty of the landowners to clear their ditches :confused:. Can't someone report them to the local authorities ;)

Labrador, I see you are in Wroxham. Is Roy still around? :D

11. Labrador

Labrador Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Shiney
    Yep Roy is all over the place

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Now they're all wondering who Roy is!!! :thumb: :D :D :D

13. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  14. Labrador

Labrador Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, or this will run & run. Roys is 'The Largest Village Store In The World', basically the village centre is nearly all Roys of Wroxham, the department store, the supermarket, ladies clothing, childrens clothing, toy store, garden centre, DIY, etc. all in different buildsing around the centre.

15. T Digger

T Digger Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ''I saw the rain this morning...!!!! Hopefully the worst rain will be further South of us ''Quote
    Oi! Marley Farley Thanks a bunch and yes it is, the storm force winds have almost stripped my runner beans of leaves. Now we 'only' have torrential rain to contend with. Seriously though, I wouldn't wish this weather on anybody, plenty of folk still living in caravans as a result of floods from a year ago. I can still remember, way back when, in the summer the sun used to shine and the footy season used to finish for several weeks, happy days.