What's your weather like?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 23, 2008.

1. hammer

hammer Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    dave what you doing up at that time :D its stopped here in lincs but forcast dont look to good for next few days.:(

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    " I work 6 day weeks most of the year i must be doing summut wrong"

I sudgest then that you to put your prices up, I do this on a routine basis, You will be suprised how little work you lose and in an instant your takings will have gone up.

Easy to explain as you can put it down to fuel and inlation I also price any new work at a minimum price, For me this is £25 for the smallest job and is regardless of time taken even if just half hour. any jobs taking more than an hour are priced at the £35 bracket up to £45 ish then at a half day or day rate.

Obviusly your customer demagraphic is differnt but you should be able to increase prices heavly enough to lose a day or rather keep it for the really proffitable one off work.

3. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Its not that i need to work the hours as such its more i hate turning the work down particularly when its neighbours for instance i now do 6 neighbours in one street but if i didnt work 6 days i couldnt have taken them all on still sometimes i give myself sat afternoon off :D and when the clocks go back im home at 4ish also i dont do anything else like you do with the pest controle ............

4. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    The reason behind that is so i have a fall back in the event of ill health or dare I say it recession and an easier ocupation for when I aproach retirment age.

5. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well ive not got nowt to fall back on so ill keep working long hours and stuffing the money in me matress:D lol

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,not raining at the moment one or two breaks in the cloud perhaps we will see the sun today it may help to dry things out,take care everyone.:thumb:

7. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Morning.

Not raining yet, but will be doing soon-black clouds from the east.

Have a good day all.

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb::thumb::D Yea.... The sun is shining & the sky is blue...!!!!!:thumb::D For how long though not sure...!!!;)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!!!!

9. Lyn

Lyn Gardener

Industrial carpet machinist
    Ratings:
    +77
    It 's looking better than yesterday, it never stopped raining.
    Sun/cloud.
    But I'm not holding my breath :rolleyes::D

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Sunny with a light breeze and quite mild :thumb: :)

11. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Same as:thumb:

12. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Big dark clouds but no rain yet. Just to think we should have been in tenerife this week and next, but due to Mr 02's hospital appointments we had to cancel. And to add insult to injury they wont pay out on the insurance because he has been referred to the hospital by his doctor in the last 6months.:( 02

13. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Beautiful blue skies here now.

This has been on the tele recently O2, about holiday insurance not being paid out...the whole system seems a shambles and should be looked into from a higher level I feel.

They are quite happy to take your premiums, but seem to be able to wriggle out of nearly every claim.:(

14. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    It gets worse Tweak, we bought the insurance over the phone on the 12th of June and let them know that we wouldn't be able to go on the 30th of June. They told us to ring the number on the policy Which i told them we hav'nt recieved yet, to which they said they would send out to us immediately. The holiday was due to commence on the 4th July. When we recieved the policy approx 2 days latter, after reading the small print,realised it was'nt for us. The policy stated that there was a 14 day cooling off period in whuch time you could change your mind. When we rang them to say we did not get our 14 days due to them sending the policy out to late. Thay said that the onerous was on us as we shonld have informed them that we had not recieved it, and "I can assure you Mrs***** that we definately sent it out to you on the 12th, I have it here in front of me on the computer" To cut a long story short, after a lot of debate, guess who lost out. My priority it to get Mr 02 fit and well again and put this all down to an expensive hard lesson. Life sucks!! 02

15. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Of course it is lass and we all hope that Mr 02 gets fit and well again, please give him my regards and best wishes for the future.

I really don't think you should take this lying down though. If they do not have proof of receipt of their letter to you, then they could just be talking a pack of lies. Was it registered? Did you have to sign for it? If not, they haven't a leg to stand on.

If you have the time, I would take it up with the C.A.B.:thumb: