Where Were You Born ?.

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by music, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,028
    I was then taken via ambulance to St Asaph Church Maternity Hospital and it was decided that as I was born nearer to Wales I would be a Welsh lass, my Mum was :yikes: my Dad was :yahoo:
    image.jpg

I slept at my Grandparents in Buckley in a bottom chest of draws all cribed out until my parents house was built. They rented a tv from Radio Rentals... My father was their tech man! We had the first Grundig recorder, video double sided recorder and colour TV, and all the mod electric cons....I always wondered why all my friends always wanted to come to my house:heehee:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +91,663
      No such luxury as a Hospital or house for yours truly,I was born in a Vardo somewhere on a coastal road in the southern counties,as far as I know,probably by a hedgerow and some wild Roses;):smile:

• Like Like x 5
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        Army Quarters. Say no more :heehee:

• Like Like x 2
        • Lorea

Lorea Wine drinker

English teacher
          Ratings:
          +1,363
          I can't believe there are so many Wiganers on this forum! I too was born in Wigan on the morning of the Aberfan distaster, in my parents' bedroom in the two-up, two-down terraced house they still live in (although they had an extension built a long time ago). They still had an outside loo when I was a child - there always seemed to be a daddy long legs in there watching me! There were wheat fields behind our house (needless to say now houses) where we used to play until the farmer would catch us. That bucolic scene was contrasted by the gas works at the bottom of our street with two gas towers which were eventually removed, but still nothing can be built on the site due to the contamination.
          What I remember most is having lots of freedom - in the summer we would play out from dawn 'til dusk, or until our mum shouted us in - she could be heard for miles!

• Like Like x 3
          • Funny Funny x 2