WHICH ASPECT OF GARDENING DO YOU FIND MOST REWARDING?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by LawnAndOrder, Aug 23, 2022.

1. LawnAndOrder

LawnAndOrder Gardener

Dilettante
    Ratings:
    +300
    Were you ever acquainted with Len Williams (John Williams’ father) who used to rear Wooley monkeys in Cornwall? It was a magical place full of magical monkeys.

2. noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +15,334
    The last I heard, the entire Côte d'Azur was. Likewise any and all formerly huppé and/or desirable destinations. Not just oligarchs, either!
    I was a bit surprised to discover, during a formation in Paris a couple of years ago, that the proprietor of the AirB'n'B appart in the immeuble (9ième ) where I stayed was a depressingly young Russian :biggrin:

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Sorry, no :noidea:

Out friendly monkeys are Red Colobus monkeys in the Jozani rainforest of Zanzibar. We were told that they tend to keep away from humans but I think they hadn't brushed up on the local information. One of them is my avatar.

• Like Like x 1
    • LawnAndOrder

LawnAndOrder Gardener

Dilettante
      Ratings:
      +300
      Sounds just as magical!

Mrs Lab said to me earlier Why don't you, when you refer to "shiney", give him the capital he deserves?
      I said Well, he doesn't put a capital to his name under his avatar, and he's never complained, so I can only assume ...

As I said that, I realised that, of course, one should NEVER assume ANYTHING.
      So, may I ask, what is your preferred typography for your name? I shall treat your answer with the greatest respect.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,455
      Thanks for asking but you are welcome to address me in any way you wish. My staff quite often used "Oy You!" :whistle:

'Your Highness' is also an acceptable appellation. :roflol:

• Funny Funny x 1