Which compost would you use for sandy soil, growing grasses and perennials?

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by Plantminded, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Purple Streaks

Purple Streaks Gardener

Ratings:
    +803
    :wow: I am yes and I'd love a grass garden like yours .......I can offer free board !!!!!!

Do you grow from seed or buy your plants. ?

The first year I was lucky and grew carex bronze and peasants tail from seed.
    But since then its been hit and miss. A member on here was asking for ornamental grass seed. And asked how big they got .so when I pulled out a few with the seed still on I had to loop them like thread to get in the envelope must have been at least a mtr in length !

If you grow from seed have you any advice please?

• Like Like x 1
    • Plantminded

Plantminded Keen Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +2,859
      Thank you @Purple Streaks. I don’t grow anything from seed now as I don’t have a greenhouse or suitable space elsewhere. I’m also impatient! I buy most of my grasses from Knoll gardens and divide them as they expand. I think that many of the grasses that I grow are also sterile, which is good as they don’t invade!

• Useful Useful x 1