Whileys art - chaos and pets :D Update 6th Jan

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Whiley, Dec 15, 2007.

1. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Wiley, I see you are enjoying yourself, that is the most important thing!

I particularly like the last one with the butterfly, good atmosphere, keep going, well done!

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Whiley your pictures are indeed wonderful!

Have you thought of going on a course or something so you could maybe make a living out of it? [​IMG]

The pictures would be right at home in children's story books and I'm sure the little ones would be bursting with excitement from one page to the next!
    Helen.xxx.

3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    What a great thought Helen, childrens books would be great.

let us know whiley.

cheers

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Now theres a thought!
    Might look into that, might be something part time i can do while i work. Hmm..

I'll keep you updated on that.

If i have a moment today i'll keep going with them :D

Thank yo all so much for your comments, it gives me a huuuge boost of encouragement :D

5. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Sorry for the delay Whiley,best i can do of Jake standing i'm afraid.Yes his tail is docked.
    [​IMG]

6. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I really like your drawings, Whiley, they are quite unique.

7. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Whiley - you've got stunningly good perception and a VERY unique talent for graphic representation. I think a career in illustration beckons! I'm not kidding. You really ought to think about developing and cashing in on your very obvious talent.

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    You're all so kind! But i just wouldn't know where to start! I mean, i could enroll on an art course, but it'll only be the exact same art course as hundreds of other students in my city, the opportunities just aren't there!

Unless i could send a portfolio to one of you who might live near potential galleries and act as a representative for me [​IMG]

Been a tad bit busy so i haven't finished beautiful Jakey, but i'll hopefully get him done this evening.

9. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    You know , Whiley, that sometimes caricaturist artists sit either in the street near some tourist attractions or at some festivals, events etc...You could do something like that, you sound outgoing enough. But of course you have to be able to finish the drawing in ten minutes. Can you do people faces as well? Even if the dog doesn't sit still, you can try and recreate the main "impression"

PS recurrent problem with artists is that if they have the capabilities they are absolutely hopeless at marketing them

10. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like an idea Mira, but i'm actually not as outgoing when it comes to sales. I'm not silent, but i probably couldn't sell what i do.

I'm doing my mum a set for Christmas, and i've just freecycled a scanner so i can upload properly, so i can do prints if needed :D
    Was thinking of doing greetings cards of some of my art to send people and when/if they ask 'where did you get those?' i can say 'ME! want some??'

Would anyone on here be interested? Obviously i do more than pet portraits mind. I must upload some!

11. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Aaand Jakeybum is finished.

[​IMG]

Now, i know hes not the Eeyore-esque spaniel in that photgraph, but i bet he is running around like a nutter inside, thats what i see in those eyes when i look at the picture - "The good old days".

So i tried to comprimise, his eyes are still his eyes, he has that heavy jowly thing going on so you have to take Jakes word for it that hes having a helluva time and hes still got a bit of chunk on him :D [​IMG]

Bless Jakey.

Get well soon! :D

12. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Very nice, you've done a great job Whiley!!

13. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Whiley,

First chance i've had to look and they are gorgeous [​IMG] i'm looking forward to seeing mine :D

The only painting i can do is the by numbers stuff, well done and keep 'em coming :D

14. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    [​IMG] [​IMG] From Jake & me.XXXXX Absolutely fabulous Whiley,laughed my sox off the way you summed Jake's thoughts up too ,lol sooo true of him.Must print it out asap.x [​IMG]

15. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys! :D :D

Gogs, don't bother printing it, i've sent you the original. <3