Who will be watching the World Cup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Penny in Ontario, Jun 10, 2010.

1. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    C'mon guys. If you can't beat the U.S.A you're going nowhere. We knew that from the start.:wink: Switch your following to Rugby or Boxing(we've got a Heavyweight champion).:yho: Let the sort of males kick a round ball as much as they like.:) Having said that our girl football team does a far better job than our males:lollol:

2. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,095
    :) It WAS only a game and just NOTHING went right for us .To much expectation.
    Would you believe the official stats say we had more possesion,more corners,more shots on goal and IF we had gone in at half time 2-2 as we should have things just MIGHT have been different.
    Of course I am dissapointed but I think we should keep things in proportion.:flag::yho:

3. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
  4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :mad: Sorry I disagree.. The England team needs to play harder & much much better I think.. Where has the real competitive spirit of the game gone these days is what I would like to know...?? :doh::doh: Oh darn..... Of course I forgot they discourage a competitive spirit in our junior schools now, never mind senior school, so how earth can we ever expect to play hard & win anything these days...!!!!!! Pathetic..!!!!

Sorry... A very fed up with England person here...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

5. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Marley, they all won. I bet they were each given a little winner's badge at the end just to show that they were all splendid children for taking part. We don't want any of that nasty competitive stuff any more, because as we all know the real world is a jolly nice place where losers do just as well as winners. :skp::rotfl:

Ben Elton did a brilliant sketch a few years ago, based on the fact that all mums have at some stage or another taken their offspring to one side and told them to let the other guy win. The ref should have done the same thing to Germany. 'Let England win. You've won loads of times. Let the rubbish people have a turn. Have some manners, for goodness sake. You're just being selfish'.

6. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,095
    :) I have been saying for ages that we will suffer because of all the foreigners we have playing in the football league,nothing against foreigners BUT how many world class strikers do we have to choose from?
    How many midfielders,defenders,goalkeepers?........NOT MANY because they are all foreigners and when young skillful players come through they can't get in the side to gain valuable experience because we would rather buy multi million pound players from abroard for instant gratification.
    "There'll always be an England" so lets restrict the number of foreigners playing in our league.......:) :flag:

7. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    I'm surprised, Miraflores. Italians have always seemed to me to be loved wherever they go!

8. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    It was disappointing to see England and Mexico go out, but the Germany, Argentina game should be amazing.

9. johnbinkley

johnbinkley Gardener

Retired chem lecturer
    Ratings:
    +5
    Don't think I'll bother now that Englandd are out!

10. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: roders I am 100% with you on your thinking & last comment...
    I think in this time of economic crisis we should get back to basics.. Too much money & greed in our football today.. Other countries don't waste so much on players from other countries as we do.. I think we should be putting that money to better use with English people, players, managers & trainers as they are where it's at.....!! The managers need to get off their backsides & find them..!!!!! Support our country yes, but the teams should be made up of English players not foreigners bought in... No self esteem there any more for our guys as it is mixed countries making up the English team..!!!!!!:doh::mad:

11. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I don't know much about football, as you know, but I also think that a team representing a Country in a world cup should be composed by players and manager of that Country.

12. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,087

I'm not a pessimist, how dare you Marley:(

I just hate Andy Murray,:lollol:

Anyway there will be another world cup in four years so whats the problem?

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: OK OK Pete you win.. :wink: I do agree about Andy Murrey too actually.. :flag:

14. ajshep1984

ajshep1984 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's definately time for a new English manager! :thumb:

It was a very disappointing World Cup, no idea what the players or manager were doing. :scratch:

15. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    Sigh.

Ive had to leave it a day or two because I was so angry. I dont care as much as I thought I would (I never had faith in this group of players) but Im genuinely angry at some of the nonsense being spoken on TalkSnort and other Sports Radio phone ins.

Lets get rid of Capello!
    Right, has everyone in the country forgotten Steve Maclaren, Sven, Kevin Keegan... snore.

Steve Maclaren was made out to be the dumbest, most incompetent fool for failing to qualify for Euro2008- he had no support from anyone, even the FA were briefing against him. He was utterly humiliated in the most vituperative terms. Yet months after he was sacked he goes to Holland to manage Twente, and wins the club's first League Title.

Here's a revolutionary idea, possibly the issue is not with the managers (with the possible exception of Glen Hoddle!). Its with the automatic selection of a cabal of players who just cant play together and who are supported at club level by far more skilful overseas players. Time to burst a few egos.

The lies and the hype from the tiresome tv pundits and newspapers, sports equipment multinationals and lager companies who are all pro England until it all goes wrong is such a messed up dynamic. ENOUGH! Enough false friends.

Now pundits are all tearing a hole in Capello because they cant carpet the players because come August, they will need access to Premier League teams and their very expensive personnel.

Capello won multiple Serie A titles with Milan, he won La Liga with Real Madrid, Roma AND Juventus. He comes to England, we qualify like a dream- we get to the first tournament and now its HIS fault that he couldnt entice 23 prima donnas to play?

Oh he speaks Pigeon English and he's too strict and inflexible- (Notice how this didnt bother the players while we were winning). But all this is now shouted from the rooftops by journalists who work for papers who since January have revealed and revelled in scandal after scandal. Its all such a tissue of lies and hypocrisy.

Oh the English Premier League is too long and arduous. Well it turns out the Germans played an average of 51 games last season and our boys played 45. Plus Rooney, Cole, Lampard and Gerrard get paid more money per annum than the ENTIRE German team combined. It all stinks.

The FA are spineless and so Capello will lose his job, but I hope he takes them for the full £12mill. I hope the squeaky clean and not at all corrupt tax fraudster Harry Rednapp gets the England job and gets his comeuppance when arrogant and deluded England fail to perform at Euro2012.