Who will be watching the World Cup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Penny in Ontario, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    :D

Did you happen to see any of the Come Dine With Me WAGS special?

Dont worry if you didnt catch it, it was *exactly* what you would expect it to be.

My mum: "Good grief, do you think any of these girls actually finished school?"

2. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I saw it. Like I said, a bunch of thickos. Sadly, so many young girls 'aspire' to be a wag :(

3. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I read the Dailymail Uk(online) each day, and they do tend to talk ALOT about these ladies, dont they.

4. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I read it online as well (it's always good to see what the 'enemy' are 'thinking') and yes they do. The cult of the celebrity, and I use that word in the widest possible sense of the word, is alive and well here in the UK, sadly :(

5. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    :) Given that we're talking about girls who, on the whole, are not candidates for a glittering career in neurosurgery or future Nobel prizewinners for literature, I suppose you can't blame them for using the assets they were given. What seems more attractive to the average teenage girl - working as a suburban typist in some godawful accounts department or being a hard-partying WAG who guzzles overpriced Bollinger and treats Gucci like the corner shop? The main problem, as I see it, is that there are very few WAG career opportunities and the competition is intense. No matter how Tangoed you are, there is always someone more orange. Perhaps, now that we are big on Austerity and reducing the benefits bill, Premier League footballers could be encouraged to take around a dozen official wives at any one time, plus girlfriends. Ashley Cole would certainly be a great deal happier and might waste less time photographing parts of himself on his mobile phone. Unfortunately even with these enhanced WAG opportunities, little Chardonnay-down-the-road's chances of doing a Colleen are slim. Life sucks.

6. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,097
    :) It takes allsorts to make a world you know.
    The papers and internet would be void of anything to write about if it wasn't for footballers and their wags.
    MP David Amess has tabled a motion expressing the dissapointment in the England pathetic performance and letting the country and supporters down.
    Ha bl**dy ha.......
    Pot and kettle :wink:

7. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    :) Cynical, that's wot it is. All that money fer a bunch o' useless wasters who just ya-boo all the time and forget that they owe everyfink to their supporters. Them England footballers ain't much cop, either.

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Over here in Canada, and even the USA, or hockey players make as much, or if not more then the soccer players, and you never see any of their wives/girlfriends in the papers, unless its for some charity, such as breast cancer, or feed the children food drive.

On another note, i was disgusted to see on the news, Christiano Rinaldo spit water at a camera man.............what an ssimtee

9. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Now we know why Ashley Cole couldn't play. He was busy on his mobile phone. The coach should have seen that one coming. He should have said 'Ashley, love, I know it's tough but it's only ninety minutes out of your life. You can photograph bits of yourself later. I'll look after your phone till after the match.' Honestly, all that money and Capello doesn't even know that men can't multi-task.

http://www.handbag.com/celebrity/Ashley-Cole-in-new-text-scandal/v1?cmpid=CAM_HB30

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    ClaraLou at the moment I typing with one finger and listening to the news,is that multi tasking:lollol::rotfl:

11. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    I was delighted to see Uruguay get their a*ses handed to them.

The lack of humility after Suarez's Cheating was scandalous.

Smidgen of sympathy for Diego Forlan who has had an incredible tournament, however their humiliation last night at the hands of Holland's mighty Orangemen almost made up for the Ghana heartbreak.

[​IMG]

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Todfay i am cheering for Germany!!

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :doh: Nope Penny... I have now lost interest in it all since England's early demise... Now cheating & really bad manners has just finished me off now....!:mad: I have always noticed how sports players wives in Canada & the US to extent take a much more back seat than our lot over here... If they just came out for charity functions here I would be much happier... Seems some of them want as near high profile as the old man...!!!!!!! :( Sad really..

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    It is sad isnt it, i was disgusted at Rinaldo spitting at the camera guy.....looks like its his turn to be spit on now, with a brand new baby!

15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :lollol: Good one Penny....