Why Gardeners Corner ??????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Victoria, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Well done, macleaflet, there is a REAL side to you ... I'm very proud of you! [​IMG]

2. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks LOL,your not so bad yourself [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    I stumbled across GC by accident ,Now being all most house bound Its a life saver,so many lovely people who I would,nt have met.and hopefully friends with the same interests and perhaps passing on what little knowledge I have, will help some one,and also the wealth of knowledge
    you collectivly all have helps me.Thankyou all

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Oh, woo, you are such a joy to this site and have contributed greatly.

I must get some pictures of my wonderful screech owls here to show you.

[​IMG]

5. use to be gardener

use to be gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i joined because of my like for gardening and iam a forum junky i have 2 forums of my own and iam a member of 10/20 others most of them i only pop into now and then others it is a daily thing how sad am i getting lol

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Very sad, ustg. That is way too many.

Kick the rest of them, except one or two you really like, and stick with us.

But, were you saying lol (laugh out loud) or lol (Lady of Leisure)? I may be speaking out of line ... oh, me, never ....

Either way, stick with us ....

7. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    I was looking for an answer to a gardening queiry at the time and found GC from google. It was obviously a new site and it had a good feel about it, plus I got an answer to my problem straight away.

I like to be able to dip in and out when I can, offer advice if I know it and mostly I have learned such a lot from you guys [​IMG]

I've had rescued roses from the lovely Fran and plants galore from the equally lovely waco. What more could I ask for?

And it's good to have a go at the photography for the competition and have fun in the games section; a bit of everything for everyone :D

8. Garden sponge

Garden sponge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is a lovely site, one look and I was hooked,have been eavesdropping for couple of months and then registered and then said hello to everybody yesterday, I was like OOOhhh my god look whos said hi to me bananaman and Dendy and blackthorn and macleaf to name just a few I felt like a starstruck teenager.
    The more I learn the less I seem to know hence I think I'm gonna live up to my name.
    I gotta learn how to put them avatar thingys on they're great, Thank You all for making such a brilliant site to come to,luv ya gardensponge

9. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I joined because i was looking for a herb site that wasnt full of intense pompous know it alls.. :D :D And i stumbled accross GC well it didnt have a herb or wildflower section but when i asked for one hey presto Nathan gave us one.. [​IMG] And i love the herb /wildflower section on here especially when all the lovely pictures appear..And its nice that people can say a herb has worked for them and even some members have been brave enough to experiment with making herbal products..And thats what herbs are all about trial and error..I have a herb qualification but i certainly dont know it all and what i dont know i look and find out..Herbs are a life long study..
    and i also love the creative art section and the photo competition.. :D And their are some nice people on GC sometimes we have difference of opinion but thats life.. :D and because the site is so large we all have our own special places..

10. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    It's a bit of a stunner that you think we're like stars, Garden Sponge! :eek: We've just been gardening a bit longer! (And in my case, only really for the last 5 years or so....)

11. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    This is the only forum I have joined and Im thoroughly enjoying it, I think it was the lack of good gardening progs on TV that prompted me, I do need to have my gardening 'fix'. I have learned so much and just knowing that there is advice when I need it is worth a million!
    By the way, you're all stars! :D

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    There are so many stars on this site perhaps we should have an astronomy page a lot of like minded people willing to help one another nobody trying to score points,one site I am on is more like a gossip column lovely people on it but actual garden questions are few and far between this must be the best site

13. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    In comparison with the early days, I might say the same about GC now - non-gardening seems to be rapidly catching up to the gardening!! But it's still the best board IMO. Lots of variety, very little trouble (keep it up guys!!) and lots and lots of fun!! It's a lively, happy, friendly, informative board with largely hands-off management and that's what makes it unique.

14. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I betcha the gardening to non gardening ratio changes in about March. :D

15. use to be gardener

use to be gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i will be around here don,t worry ;) and the lol was (laugh out loud) not lol (lady of leisure) i should use the greamlins [​IMG] more [​IMG] [​IMG]