wildflowers dog!!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by wildflower, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    "When I wake up and all my old dogs are licking my face, then I shal know that I have died and gone to heaven"

Don't know who said that but how true it is.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] It is heartbreaking as you say, but worth it.... :( [​IMG] All my dogs are rescue dogs. :cool: [​IMG]

3. mayflower

mayflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    it is very heartbreaking on monday last week we had to take candie to vets goes every monday for tests was told she was getting worse she was on two injections aday for diabetes we had notice she was sleeping more and when asleep she was wetting herself vet advised us to have her put to sleep losta lot of weight told us to take her home and think about it.it was the hardes thing we have ever had to do didnt sleep couldnt eat but stop her injection she didnt like them gave her treats back what she couldnt have because of diabetes took her on beach again which she loved going but had to stop taking because you have to do same amout of exerise every day.give her all the love in those last few days that we could. have lost my best friend and it is so hard cant stop crying when i think of her and miss her so much took her back on thursday the vet was brilliant candie was 11years old.

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It is heart breaking when i lost the first one it put me in bed for a week i was distraught...and the..last one when it was time to make that decision i was crying for days and the house felt so empty..i was upset for a few months until i got the one i have now..just seing a golden would start me off...you just cant let them suffer so you have to make that decision..the best thing you can do is replace them as having something new to care for takes away the pain..it keeps you busy..you could write a little poem and put it with her picture on the internet so its a lasting tribute...you could even plant a tree or shrub in her memory..its very sad and you have done the kind thing..and she had a good home...

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :( I agree, absolutely heart breaking when it is their time to go.... :( Any cats or dogs I have had to put to sleep, I have always stayed in the room with them. I hold them & cuddle them as they go so they know they are not alone & loved to the last minute or breath of their lives.... :( We have a wonderful vets practice & they leave you alone for a while with them... :( I have all mine here at home now, under various trees & bushes planted for them.. So we have a "Memory Corner" in the garden... [​IMG] We shall not be moving again.. Except maybe the looney bin or the old peoples home.....!! :D The house seems so empty without them, but after a while you think about getting another... [​IMG] All my pets are remembered with fondness & love, no matter how long they have been gone.. [​IMG]
    Be strong Mayflower...

[ 21. May 2006, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]

6. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Our dog Sam aged 12 had to be put to sleep the same day as Diana's funeral ...double wammy!

So distressing after all this time, we still can't face that again.

MF: not moving again.....nor us.....nice to know there are others out there that don't keep moving every 18 months..... I don't understand it, but that's probably because I am on the cemetery side of 50! :D :D :D

7. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    mayflower my heart goes out to you, the only consolation is that we know that we are going to be there for their whole lives. Candie could not have had more love or care, she is not suffering only you. I don't think when our time comes that we shall have such an easy caring demise.

when Nona died 5 years ago I could not leave her grave at night, I used to light candles as I could not stand the thought of her being under the dark soil. People who do not own dogs rarely understand.

Now when Martin is near her grave in the garden he remembers her, I never remember her anymore in the garden, she is deep in my heart.

I empathise with you mayflower - be strong.

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D Join The "club" DAG... :D Feel no reason to move. It is lovely here & we have been here nigh on 30 yrs..... :D
    :rolleyes: Got the "family plot" already... :D :D :D

9. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :D Thanks MF, I don't have a view but do have good neighbours and I am not overlooked, so can't complain.....been here 38 years!

Family plot!!!!!!!! Don't have room for one unless I demolish the workshop, heaven forbid.

Looks like you and I could do with some of Paladin's masonry work soon then? :D :D :D

10. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D Who knows DAG..!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I am not going anywhere either. Funny thing is I inherited the property as family home. My father was so reluctant to buy it as he would not leave his garden in previous house.

Oh how I wish he could see it now! AND there is so much more to do.

12. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Waco: From the work that you have put in, I am sure your father would be very proud of you!

Oh damn, we have hijacked the subject again, sorry! ;)

13. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Waco..I miss my Golden Lab'Carley still,eight years now and she lies beneath my beautiful Yellow Broome which fills the garden with a sweet scent of rememberance.

Marley,DAG!...For Sarcophagi I will require measurements... :D :D

14. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :D Pal, there's a few politicians at the moment that i would like to measure up? :D :D

15. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    ;) I suppose nothing will ever be perfect...and I really don't like mixing Business with pleasure :D