wildflowers dog!!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by wildflower, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Paladin - lovely idea about the broom,I buy loads of bulbs on Nona's birthday - what a great excuse! it always cheers me up in November.

Andyway GOOD NEWS, just got back from having Rhonda scanned and looks like she is going to have 6 may be even 8 puppies. I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Oh and you can't even begin to imagine what they all to to the lawn!

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    ;) Ok Paladin... let you off..!!! ;) shame though, but I know bussiness & pleasure.... :rolleyes: :D :D

3. mayflower

mayflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you all for your kindness.

4. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I know how heartbreaking it is to loose your best friends, I lost Rocky in May last year and his half sister Diva in April this year.

Thank goodness I still have Jake (German Shepherd/Greyhound) he was one of my foster dogs who was supposed to stay for a few days FIVE years ago, he is so lovely that I could not part with him.

Our house is so quite that we have decided to get a puppy, she was born last Saturday 20th, she will be called Keira, this is a pic of her Mother and 7 sisters and 2 brothers, dont'w know which one she will be yet.

Wonder how long it will take me to train her to leave my plants alone? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww How gorgeous...!!!! Think I rather fancy the brownish one, such a lovely colour, & the different one..!! ;) :D

6. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Have the ones with coloured string round them been reserved???? - and the brown one is so cute!! Well, all of them are!!! :D

Talking of cute......
    [​IMG]

7. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +411
    My other 3 Amigos.

[​IMG]

Nice pups, am a fan of the chocolate one too.

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Very cute HB..... Butter wouldn't melt.... ???? I bet... ;)
    Nice Banana Man.. Again oh so cute....!! :D Do they like to chase rabbits..?? ;)

9. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    What type of terrier are they??? Very cute!!! Looks like you have a house-ful of mischief!!!! :D and how on earth do you keep 4 dogs from digging up the garden!!!????

10. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HB... The coloured ties around their necks are so the owner can tell one from another, also the time and weight when they were born.

I am going to have a Black/Tan one, not really keen on ehte brown ones, their Grand mother was brown.

Banana Man, are your two black dogs Pattadale crosses? my friend has one, he chases all the rabbits when we take them to the woods.

11. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +411
    Mine don't but their mum and dad chase rabbits, rats and anything the local farmers want gone. Their lurchers chase them and the pats dig them out. My brother in law does a good line in rabbit currry. :eek: Yes they are Patterdales but there is a bit of extra border/JR in there. Patterdales aren't a pure breed so there is variation. This is a print I ordered of a patterdale that looks like ours, so I thinks they aren't far off.

[​IMG]

Mokey on the left of the previous photo posted has the same mum as the other 2 but a proper pat dad. They live with my dad in law at the moment because they showed an unhealthy interest in our new baby. I built them proper kennels for the daytime but they made too much noise to be fair to the neighbours, so they are on holiday till the kids can defend themselves.

[​IMG]

Jelly our lurcher has blue mearl collie, patterdale and greyhound in the mix and is far more dopey. She is very protective of us where as the terriers seem more protective of the pack.

This is one of my favorites

[​IMG]

This is moose, he sits like a bloke should with his legs splayed.

[​IMG]

12. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Its supposed to be a signe of good hips if they sit like that, mine do "Frog leged" I call it.

Suedobie you have set me off now - I have another 3 weeks and 6 days before mine are due. I don't need strings, I just write the markings down in my whelp book, but it looks like a very good breeder that has taken the trouble to do that - I may be a little concerned that they hung themselves, but suppose chances would be very slim. BIG litter - hope I don't have as many as much over 6 is a lot more work!

13. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Georgeous dogs!!!! Bramble is very protective of me!!! She thinks she is further up the pecking order than the kids and Mr HB - we have had some very hilarious (to me) occasions where she will not let them sit on the settee with me - or that time when she wouldn't let Mr HB into bed!!!! Laughed my socks off!!!!! It can be very worrying with little 'uns - dogs don't understand what they are......

14. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +411
    Not worth the risk IMHO, love my pooches but you can tell when they are twichy to the point of being a concern around the baby. Won't be forever, and we see em lots.

15. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    How long will it be before you are begging FIL to swap the dogs for the baby!!!!!! Love babies, but sooooo glad I'm past the sleepless nights..... ;)