wildflowers dog!!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by wildflower, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +411
    Sleepless nights what are they. Four weeks, straight through! Its the nuclear energy they posess in the day thats the killer.

2. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Waco, what type of puppies are you expecting? If you think 8 is a large litter, my Diva was one of 15, never had a litter myself but can imagine the work involved, also I would find it very hard when it came to letting them go to new homes.

BM, shame about the dog/baby thing but I agree it's not worth taking the risk, we were very lucky with our last two Dobes, they were fantastic with our grand children, when we told my step daughters that we were going to get two Dobes, they said they would never come to see us again but as the children and puppies grew up together they soon realised that they get very bad press for being viscous, of course there are some nasty ones, I blame the owners, it's how you train them.

HB, love your Cocker, I used to have one but he was soooooooooooooo bad tempered, he bit everyone in the family except me, I did not do my homework on the breeder when I bought him, found out later that she interbred quite a bit.

3. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +411
    The pats have bull terrier in them too and its that bit I don't trust when they are in their pack. The 2 black ones have gone for eachother in the past and there was blood everywhere. It takes just a second and a funny look and they would kick off. Almost impossible to pull apart. The 2 furry ones were always fine but Mokey we rescued and she has issues I think. Still had a good solution with Father in law.

4. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Cocker Spaniels - 15 is unthinkable!!!!!!

as to parting well funny enough it is the first one to go that is the hardest, a litter is like a complete unit until you break it, so once the first one goes then the rest is easy........well - not so bad, there is a real technique to doing it though.

5. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Mother and expectant daughter

[​IMG]

6. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Awwwww....... what a lovely photo!!! what colours do you think you will have??? Are they solids or roans? By the way the light is - they could be either??? Oh dear, I'm going all puppy-broody!!!! ;) Mr HB isn't especially as he found Madam snuggled up on the settee just after she came in from the garden very wet and muddy!!!

7. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Regarding children and dogs, I think it very much depends on the breed as well as training. My dogs are shelties which are herders, never even dreamed of keeping them away from babies.
    [​IMG]
    Here is my grandson meeting a puppy for the first time!
    My eldest dog Minnie was a great help when I kept rabbits, always ready to help clean and groom orphaned babies, and regarded my grandson in much the same light.

8. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +411
    Agreed, but in my situation not so much the breed but breed plus number of pooches. All well trained but like a gang of kids, dogs in numbers wind eachother up and usually not in a good way. Particulalry if they have just been de throned by an attention seeking noisy baby. Lurcher is nice as pie with baby, all dogs were trained the same.

9. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Much like people in that respect! I wasn't saying your dogs aren't properly trained [heaven forbid I should criticize others in that respect!], just that being terriers their instinct is to hunt, so they can't be blamed. I think you've found an ideal solution, they look really great little dogs. [​IMG]

10. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    My Cockers are Orange roan and Very dark Blue roan. the orange is mother of the blue so my blue will carry orange.

The father ot the litter is blue, but by a black and white bitch and an orange dog (who happened to be the husband of rhondas last litter)

As to puppy babies - well in old mendelian genetic terms I am ewxpecting 25% orange and 75% blue of these I may have a B&W or O&W I would doubt that a tri colour or blue roan and tan would be in the make up but you never know.

11. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Oh, wow, what a possible beautiful mix you could have!!!!

12. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    In my first litter I had six blue roan men. I was delighted, I now like my colour combinations and try hard to get them, but will be delighted whatever they are so as long as my Rhonda bitch is OK then that is all that matters.

13. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Yes, there are so many people out there who only see the money, not the dog's welfare, and if they do things properly, there is no profit!!!

14. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well actually HB ther is a bit, but if you costed out your time it would probably work out ar 37p per hour.

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,789
    Sorry, Banana Man, I called "her" a "him" in a previously correspondence! It was the one with the head missing .. I should have noticed something else missing .. whoops! Apologies.