1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Wilko's Half Price Sale

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Bilbo675, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Petrol lawnmowers £50 (reduced from £100) The cat nr is 0330466 , f you phone their Customer Services on 08000 329 329 they might be able to check if any of your local stores have one.

wilko mower.jpg

mower2.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
      "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
      Ratings:
      +4,445
      Is that any good do you know @Scrungee I am needing a new mower.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
    • Cannyfullpots

Cannyfullpots Gardener

Ratings:
      +515
      I was in Wilkos yesterday & didnt see any mowers reduced. Will keep an eye though, just incase -thank you. I am desperate for a new one!

I was a bit pweved that I'd looked online at greenhouse clips etc & ordered them from wilkos - went in yesterday to collect them & instore they were all reduced to 25p apack - I'd paid £1 a pack! (Yes i'm a tightwad)

• clum111

clum111 Gardener

Ratings:
      +170
      @Cannyfullpots You should have asked for a refund or cancelled your order at time of pick up and bought them at the reduced price:spinning:

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        I've been checking online prices of stuff that's reduced instore and it's all still full price.

My guess is that they might just be clearing out space in stores and not clearing out the same items in their warehouse (at the moment). Checking back on previous years there should be more and more clearance now that Halloween and Xmas stock should start appearing any time now.

I've now got 25 x 1.5Kg packs of blood, fish and bone, should keep me going for a while. N.B. Their cardboard boxes don't have the contents within in a sealed waterproof bag, so store them away from damp or tip into lidded buckets/containers. I'd still got plenty of chicken poo pellets from various, previous reductions, but topped up my stock to about 3 years' supply.

Now awaiting tomato feed to be reduced, sometimes it's gone straight down to 75% off.

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +4,445
        A piece of my greenhouse glass fell out, god knows why it didn`t shatter, the triangular piece at the apex, asked our community gardener if he could help me put it back, greenhouse about a foot from fence, as he could stand on steps and reach over fence, long story short , he`s that thin he squeezed in the gap, I checked for w clips, got none, :gaah:, up to local hardware as he waiting to do it £4-99 :yikes:, so I will be stocking up when I see reduced.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,997
          Saw a small Halloween display in my local Wilkos this morning, got home, checked their website and they've updated last year's Halloween page.

The big clearout is about to happen as they make room for all this stuff http://www.wilko.com/icat/halloween-sneak-a-peek

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
        • Cinnamon

Cinnamon Super Gardener

NHS
          Ratings:
          +893
          Grrr. I'm flying out of the country tomorrow.

Enjoy it folks.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,997
          Went to a Wilkos in the next town and about 75% of their gardening stuff had gone, only got a few 30m rolls of gardening wire @ 20p each (green plastic coated, not the better, thicker, galvanised stuff that's still £1.25. Still useful for lacing 2 rolls of reduced 600mm high fencing together to achieve a suitable height for rabbit (& Wocker) proof fencing.

Not to be outdone I then went to my local Wilkos and found lots more stuff reduced by 50%, such as:

Membranes (not fleece). 8 x 1.5m woven polypropylene sheet now £2.25, 67g/m2 for 19p/m2, a cheap introduction to trying out growing through 'Mypex' type membranes which cost 50p/m2 when bought in much larger sizes. N.B. This is only 67g/m2, not 100g/m2 like the proper stuff, but a very cheap opportunity to try out growing through membranes. See
          http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/...ssing-membrane-mypex.68728/page-2#post-832506 , I'll be adding some more pics there shortly.

Tomato feeds, Miracle Gro, Phostrogen, etc., all now half price, but not Growmore & Bonemeal (B,F&B still half price).

Seeds half price, so much more expensive than when 75% off plus 3 for 2.

Most seed compost/MPC half price, cleared them out of Westland Gro-Sure 20L seed compost @ £1/bag, it's really good stuff.

10L Vermiculite £1.87 (not sure if that's reduced, but I needed some more).

I'll take some pics of my haul for you.

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +4,445
          Went into my Wilkos last Thursday w clips 50p bought 2 packs for spares, not much else reduced, went into Neath Wilkos today, all still full price, :scratch:

• Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,997
          if one store had completely sold out of 75% of their gardening stuff within several days of visiting, and another has only just reduced the majority of stuff to 50% off, I'd guess it's the same old story of stores reducing stock at different rates and at different times, and needing to be in the right place at the right time.

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
          Ratings:
          +6,654
          Although our local store has Halloween & Christmas items on the shelves there is still a considerable amount of gardening items too and very little is reduced. I popped in today and the seeds have 50% off as well as odd sundries but most is still full price, a little disappointing to be honest as our store is usually pretty good for sale items. Fingers crossed stuff will get reduced as they need more shelf space :)

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Scrungee

Ratings:
            +28,997
            Westland Gro Sure MPC 50L reduced to £2 (was £4), 4p/L, is it any good?

Took a punt on 5 bags for £10 (most that will fit in a Wilko trolley), at the very least it can be used in Marrow & Pumpkin pits.

wilko mpc 2 quid.jpg

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
            +100,836
            Beat this one!!!!! My neighbours came back from shopping in Wilco's this afternoon with a big grin on their faces. They'd spotted a Microwave while in Wilco's priced at £30, picked it up and took it to the Till. The assistant scanned the bar code, looked at the Till display, rescanned the bar code, rescanned it again......and then called the Manager. The Manager arrived and my neighbours asked what the problem was, to be told that the bar scan was saying that the Microwave wasn't £30.........it was a Penny!!!:heehee: So while other customers were queuing up the Manager had to sell the Microwave for a penny as that was what was displayed. When they checked the other Microwaves they were priced by the bar code as a penny. No wonder my neighbour's were grinning!!:lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Like Like x 3
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.