1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Wilko's Half Price Sale

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Bilbo675, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,594
    I visited Wilko's yesterday and was a little disappointed in the garden section, not a plant or packet of seeds to be seen anywhere. But I did come away with some spray on lawn weedkiller for those stubborn dandelions. Also a few other bits and pieces from other parts of the shop. :)

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    I came away with so many bundles of 75% off 8 foot long bamboo canes in the car today that I was worried about be stopped by police. The car boot was absolutely stuffed full of 30p wicker/woven wall baskets @ only 30p each that'll be used for fund raising sales, planted up with home sown/grown plants.

• Like Like x 5
    • Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      It was 11 days ago when I cleared out my local store of baskets & canes, but when I went in today they had loads more reduced 8 foot canes and some more 30p hanging baskets. They were placed around the store wherever some space was available as the displays had been removed some time ago. Must have been a further delivery.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
    • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Just been into Wilkos and more items have been added to the Sale; I just picked up a basic arch for £3 (half price) and a bottle of Bayer Insecticide Spray for 75p instead £4.78!!!!, I always try not to use too many chemicals but its always good to have a bottle on stand-by just in case :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
      • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
        +12,667
        Which way does that wall face? (I mean: if you have your back to the wall which way are you facing?)

It looks to be about 12' tall - you could grow some amazing things on that, provided it isn't North facing!

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        All camping gear and BBQ stuff now half price.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        All seeds (what's left) now half price. They were buy 3 get cheapest 1 free, but despite being only slightly better this makes it easier to get the savings when mixing seeds of different prices.

Also online (free collection from local store)

Veg Seeds http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/search?q=*&parentCategoryRef=141
        Flower Seeds http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/search?q=*&parentCategoryRef=flowerseeds
        Herb Seeds http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/search?q=*&parentCategoryRef=herbsspiceseeds

+4% Cashback if buying online via Quidco

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        Garden string (Twine Jute Natural) 250m now £1.24 (half price) instore (not online yet), making it cheaper than the 125m rolls which are still full price @ £1.48.

I always like to have a year or two's supply of cheap stuff tucked away (somewhere mouse proof or you can end up with loads of ready cut short lengths).

• Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +2,986
        You are all very lucky, there was nothing at all reduced in our Wilkinsons store, in the gardening section.

• mowgley

mowgley Total Gardener

Wanna be gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,626
        Nothing in ours either. Keep popping in to see if they ave anything but keep walking out empty handed!
        They must be getting suspicious now! :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        In the past when I've got really fed up waiting for the gardening stuff in my local stores to be seriously reduced, I'd phone them up asking when they'd be getting their Halloween stuff in, as that would mean they'd have to clear out virtually all their gardening stuff to make room for it.

Times seem harder these days, but I still remember getting trolley loads of tomato fertlizer bottles, packs of Miracle Grow, balls of garden string, etc. all reduced to 10p each, plus boxes of seed packets reduced to 99% off where due to the saving on some of the cheaper being rounded to the nearest penny it meant they paid you 1p to take them away.

• Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
        Ratings:
        +7,297
        Thanks for that reminder Scrungee, I will flag it and keep an eye on my local Home Bargains store
        You did mention it last year, but I was lazy and when I went down two days later ZILCH the shelves were empty of Garden stuff and full of Halloween masks etc
        Having as you said cleared the shelves at 10p a throw :-)

Cheers

Jack McH

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
        Ratings:
        +6,654
        Our Wilko's store is reducing things gradually this year; a few at a time rather than the whole lot in one go. Makes things a little more interesting I suppose as there's always something new thats been reduced every time I go in :snork:

Our Home Bargains never reduces the gardening stuff, they just take whats left off the shelves and store it until next year...

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
        Ratings:
        +6,654
        Our local store; having previously sold out, has just put out more of the basic garden arches but now at 75% off making them just a little over £1.50 each!!!!...:dbgrtmb:

Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.