1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10 Disk Usage 100% Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by joolz68, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +49,570
  2. joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,385
    Hi Fc xx sorry I was in work 7 days solid, i got nowhere with anything and it ended up going to automatic repair,I've taken it to the local computer shop in tibshelf this morning,explained to him as best I could and he thinks it could be a new hard drive,I will let you know as soon as he get backs to me with a diagnosis ........and the price x

• Like Like x 1
    • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +89,835
      • Like Like x 1
      • joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,385
        Hi Woo,hope you are well xxx
        Thank you x I did try most On that list but I couldn't disable windows defender even when being administratorhopefully the computer shop can fix the issue without losing all my data xx

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +5,385
          I got a phone call back yesterday it will cost £80 as he says it needs a new hard drive, I'm happy with that price but then Daz n Jodie asked me what size hard drive ?? Should i care and ring them in the morning ...i only use it for plant searching n a bit of social media also photos....he said he could only save just over 500 as the rest were corrupted? So I've probably lost all my tulip 100 + variety pics from kuekenhof this spring

• Fat Controller

Public Transport
          Ratings:
          +49,570
          It is likely to be larger than the hard drive you had, simply because they increase in capacity all the time and the lower capacity drives become unavailable. £80 sounds reasonable for a hard drive replacement, particularly as he is going to have to reinstall Windows etc - the only question I would have is the age of the machine? I only ask as new laptops can be picked up quite cheaply nowadays

• Like Like x 1
          • joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +5,385
            HI @Fat Controller :) x i didnt think to ask about the hard drive size they have replaced but i can ring back,it seems to be running ok and most of my photos at a glance are restored,ive been at work stock takng so not had a chance to delve in deep yet,i got my old broken hard drive back and written receipts of work done....im just glad i got my kuekenoff pics backs to be fair,i was gutted i thought id lost 150 varieties of tulips photos x
            The laptop isnt old,my daughter bought it 12 month earlier for gaming on to bridge a gap while upgading her pc so hadnt been used that much to be fair she says .....im just so glad im back,that phone was killing my eyesight! so thank fully for your help,sorry i killed the laptop before you could save me xx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Fat Controller

Public Transport
              Ratings:
              +49,570
              No need to ring them, it will almost certainly be the same size or larger than the original, and to be fair it doesn't sound like he has been heavy with the bill. Glad you got it all sorted, and the offer of remote assistance stands if you ever need it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
              • joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +5,385
                Thank you @Fat Controller x i would of let you do your remote mojo magic but it was too late its downfall happened so fast :gaah:next time you will just get my laptop in the post with a fix it note on it :heehee: il paypal the cost!
                Still a funny how u do int it,u read on line how to try n fix the problem but not one of them mentioned that it could be a hard drive failure and to back up your stuff and get it to the menders FAST!
                Big thanks for all the time trying to help to you all,im off for 2 days now so im going to back up my photos that have been salvaged onto disc :) x