Windows 7 help please

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Fidgetsmum, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Yes, but for a few dollars more Fidgetsmum gets to use a system that is familiar to her learning disabled residents as opposed to learning a new system herself, then teaching that sytem forward. Surely thats the whole point?

In time and with dual boot win 7 could be learnt and taught on, whilst still retaining the familiarity of WinXP for those residents who are happy with the old operating system and may perhaps not want to use win 7.

Steve...:)

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    You have a point, Steve! I suggest we leave it to Fidgetmum to ponder and mull over the pro's and con's we've highlighted regarding Windows 7 Premium, Ultimate and Professional and let her decide! Don't forget, despite us waving the flag for the various forms of Windows other people in the Forum has put forward Linux and Ubuntu because their experience proved to be, in their opinion, as good as Windows. Different strokes for different folks. I wish Fidgetmum well in her final choice whatever it may be!!

3. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Indeed we shall leave it to Fidgetsmum, but I fear this topic is now more brain busting for her than need be.

4. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    Yes, but isn't that always the case, Steve. A lot of people think gardening is simple but as we all know, it ain't Better to have the benefit of other peoples experience, advice and support than listening to the sales people who'll tell you anything to get a sell!

5. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Fidgetsmum, feel free to pm me if you need help.