Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney and everyone,

Up late again this morning due to a car alarm that kept going off last night while we were in bed and then our next door neighbours came home from their night out so added to the noise,plus my neck and shoulder was painful again so couldn't get comfy as I always lie on the side that is painful:(

Have been outside as it is nice and warm{52f} out there putting some more of our cotage plants that we bought the other week into the borders out the front but have had to come back indoors for a break from it so thought I had better so hi to everyone:D

Shiney,glad to have helped out with a few bits and bobs for your open day.I will have another look round the garden and see what else I might be able to spare but have to be careful that I leave enough for ourselves:D

The old park bench sounds ideal for your garden and hope that you manage to get it looking nice along with the patio:gnthb:

The only suggestion I can make for greenhouse space is to get some of those mini greenhouses that have a frame and a plastic cover that fits over them which you can zip up when frost threatens,plus they have shelves for putting the pots onto but you have to make sure that you have low growing stuff on some of the shelves or else any tall growth will go through the holes in the shelves:DIt is just a thought of what you could do to help you out but also you have to make sure if you do get some you don't stand them anywhere too windy.They come in a number of diffreent sizes,we have both the small and large sized ones:)

Did you manage to get some paddlestones sorted out in the end?

Hope you get Mrs Shiney's light fixed.Mr Kandy is good at both DIY and fixing car problems:p

Jazmine,hope your teeth are feeling better after today.I have had root canal fillings in the past so know what it is like.I have to go as well on Monday for my six monthly check up plus will have to have impressions done for a replacement tooth for the one I had extracted the other month:p

Have a good day everyone:)

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its cool here and we had frost overnight, and a few flurries, thankfully its melting when it hits the ground!!

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends ,I trust that you are all OK and well today,its a Saturday and its looking and its feeling good outside,
    Temperature 7 centigrade humidity 45,every days a bonus,The foxes are barking,running water into the pond,lovely sounds,easy on the ears,I digress, everyone have a great day and please stay safe:)
    [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,

Lovely photo of a sunrise Woo and sure does brighten the day:thmb:

It looks like it is going to be another beautiful day out there,as the sun is coming up and i can hear the birds singing:DYesterday was fantastic all sun and hardly any breeze so managed to get loads done in the garden inbetween having a break at times:)

Today we have grocery shopping and then hopefully we shall be going over to the allotment as we will end up getting behind if we don't make a start with getting more stuff in the ground.We already have our shallots and onions in plus the winter broad beans are coming through the soil so I expect they will need weeding:D but will have to take it easy for the time being:)

Had another lovely evening walk with Mr Kandy last night and heard another Chiff Chaff and saw a Buzzard plus a Great Spotted Woodpecker so all in all it was a pleasant evening and it is helping to get us fitter ready for all those mountains and hills we have to climb:D

Hope you all have a great day:)

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Another wonderful day today :thumb:.

Natalie, yes, we sell tea and cakes so your offer will be gratefully received :gnthb:. Some of the parents from the charity make cakes and some of our friends do as well. It is always very difficult to judge how much is needed because it depends so much on the weather. If the weather is good then we get a lot of visitors and most of them stop for tea and cakes. If there is any left over I usually sell them for the charity.

Last year the weather was good so plenty of people had cakes.

[​IMG]

Kandy, thanks for offering to look for more plants but I think we now have enough to keep Mrs shiney busy until open day :thmb:.

I didn't get any of my outside jobs done yesterday because a friend of Mrs shiney's phoned and said she has well rotted horse manure we could have. So we went round there and I dug out some of it and filled 9 sacks of 7 - 11 year old manure. The digging and carrying was more than enough for my poor old back :old: so I had to spend the rest of the day sitting down. I did manage to buy some turf so hope to start ctting it out in patches to fill where the bee orchids were transplanted.

It looks as though we have a new male pheasant in the garden - or one of the others has grown an extra six inches of tail in a few weeks.

Have a great day :D

6. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Take it easy Kandy - sounds like you are getting lots done and enjoying it - but don't overdo yourself and Mr. Kandy!

Woo - your picture is gorgeous - so tranquil - I could imagine that actually as a wall mural for a large room :)

That's a great number of people sitting enjoying a cuppa and a cake there Shiney - we'll all be rooting for good weather on the day I'm sure! Will definitely bring up some banana bread and carrot cake muffins - won't add nuts to any of them though - as you never know!

Another day putzing around in the garden today - we have decided to put in raised beds up in the back garden which gets pretty much full sun all day long and do our veges there - just not enough time to get down to the allotment - well, there is, but with full time work, getting kids activities done after school, feeding them dinner, picking up dropping off eldest at work (when WILL he get his drivers licence) I just think that I can do without the added pressure timewise of trying to get to the allotment during daylight hours. So by having it back at home, I can go out there for little sessions all day long - just as we have done for years until we got the allotment last year. Gardening is for enjoyment - not to add more pressure to an already hectic life. So, that's our project for the day - get that up and going so that I can get some of my seedlings in :) Have to fence it off from the ducks though - as till now they have had full run of the entire back garden.

Well, back at it I guess....break over! Have a great one everybody :)

7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Evening all :luv:

I have recovered from yesterday which wasn't that bad after all and it is great to be rid of toothache, hooray! Apparently there was an infection in the nerve so it has been removed and cleaned up etc so at the moment I can keep the tooth.

Had a great day today as I went on a "Family Constellation" workshop at The Priory in Norwich. It was amazing and I did learn a lot more. I had to do some role play :lollol:

Hope to get outside tomorrow though. I am envious of this allotment talk!

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Have been up since half six but have been busy feeding the pets and myself and then answering emails so have only jsut got back on here:)

Had a really good afternoon at the allotment with Mr Kandy although he wasn't very happy when i walked away from our new rotavtor to move some plastic and when i turned back it had fallen on it's side and there was thick grey smoke puring out of it:oops::o Luckily Mr K heard me shouting and ran over and sorted it out beofre it caught fire but now it won't work and has oil coming out of it from somewhere so it is right poorly and I'm not in his good books at the moment:pAt least we still managed to get lots done although by the time we got home at seven my sciatica had well kicked in so had a nice hot shower and then stretched out on the settee and watched our new St Trinians DVD.So nice to see Colin again and all the references in the film to Pride and Prejudice and even had the wet shirt sequence in it:wuvu:

We are back over there this morning as Mr K wants to get the spuds planted and then this afternoon we have been invited across the way to a party for a couple who are leaving the village so hope the weather stays nice and warm for it:D

Hope you all have a great day:)

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Evening all :luv:
    It's very quiet... I expect everyone is outside enjoying this lovely weather.
    I had a lovely time out today, went to my WW club, had lunch out, had my hair done what more could a girl want??

Missing Rosa here, bet she is loving her new yard/garden!!

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

I've been too busy to get on here much in the last few days. With such wonderful weather I have been out in the fresh air until late :thumb:.

Natalie, thanks in advance for the cakes :gnthb:. They will be much appreciated.

Kandy, I'm sure there is not much of a problem with your rotovator. If it fell over on soil it couldn't have done much damage. That sort of thing usually means that the engine has got flooded and will probably be OK once it has been stood upright for a while. The oil may have got into other parts and need cleaning. I didn't think that rotovator engines could keep running if there wasn't someone operating them ('Dead man's handle') :scratch: so I am not sure why smoke was coming out unless the oil had spilled on the hot engine. Then it would have just been burning off the surface. Good luck with it.

I hope your back is feeling better after your rest. :thmb:

Jazmine, days out when the weather is good can be fun :gnthb:

It is quite nippy out there this morning. It was 35.4F earlier and there is a stiff breeze blowing at the moment.

Oscar's little friend from next door has been around but is very nervous of us. I would guess that she is about four or five years old and used to play with him as a kitten. She used to play (jumping on him, running all around him etc k-l) - he did nothing but sit and let her do it :hehe:. When he had enough of it he used to just walk away. She hasn't been all that well since birth but is a lively cat - but very small. She is less than half his size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After these photos were taken she went into the greenhouse and ate some of his food - which he doesn't mind.

11. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody - great to hear we are all out there enjoying this weather! A bit chilly here this morning as well Shiney - I did turn on the heating to take off the chill a little :) Your talk of pressure washing the other day got me going on some as well - the big question, just where do you stop? I have an area of brick paving that is half covered in lots of shade throughout the winter - so was great to get rid of the light layer of green on there - but realised that those bricks looked red, rather than the 'brownish' of the rest of them - so did all in front of the house - haven't tackled the 150 foot driveway as yet - that's for another week! There is also a concrete pad all around the other three sides of the hose - about 15 feet wide all around - so did that as well and it looks great.

OH is busy building the raised planters out back for me, top soil coming on Friday and then we can get started. Compost from the compost tumbler looks fantastic - so will mix that in as well.

Trying to think what is on the agenda today - and just relaxing is sounding good :) Kids have a little friend over this afternoon - and he's asked to do some cooking while here -- so we'll make some banana bread as he lovest that.

Have a good day everybody!

12. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be sunny here, and around 65*, and no rain until later in the week.

Great pics everyone,.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Very busy at the moment what with the time of year so haven't got a lot of time to chat at the moment as the things going on in my life come first before forums:DHaving this health problem has made me view things differently and have decided to get my priorities in order of what is important in my life:p

Shiney,lovely photos of Oscars girlfriend and nice to see he has a friend he likes to share his life with,just as long as you don't end up with the tiny patter of many feet:D

The rotavator doesn't stop Shiney when you release the lever.It stops in as much as it doesn't trundle across the ground but the engine still keeps ticking over and it seems like it is too top heavy for the skid bar which is at the back hence the reason why it tippped on it's side.:oops:Mr Kandy says there is oil coming out of somewhere and the spark plug will no longer spark so it looks like he will have to strip the whole thing down round the engine to try and dry it all out:p

Anyway,we have rain today which is typical after i water the garden and won't be able to get outside today to take more photos of all my spring flowers and the bees:(

Anyway,hope you all have a great day:)

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, I hope that Mr Kandy sorts out the rotovator when he has got it to do a striptease :). We haven't had rain for ages and they forecast that it will remain dry all week. It looks out there as though it might start raining at any moment but I have great faith in our weather forecasters :skp: :hehe:.

The grass is now into its normal growing cycle so it's a never ending job :(. I can't say it is like painting the Forth Bridge anymore as, when they have finished painting it this time, they won't be doing it again for at least 25 yrs. All we need now is some way to make the lawn look perfect for the next 25 yrs without having to cut it - and not using artificial grass.

As soon as it has warmed up a bit out there I shall get on with the pressure hosing.

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy and Shiney,and all my other friends,hope you are all OK and well,everyone have a lovely day and stay safe:)