Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I've been too busy of late chasing down a few things to really post here, that chasing has come to fruition here http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/now-have-allotment-t26417.html?p=387943

Yes, I now have an allotment..:yho:

It needs a lot of work and I dont expect to get much planted this year...just digging and tidying.

Beautiful weather we have had this last few days, lets hope it continues in the daytime and rains at night.

Hope everyone is well at this busy time of the year for gardeners.

Steve...:)

2. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody!

Kandy - I like your attitude, when things crop up in life we need to make sure we prioritise and take care of ourselves - that is the most important thing you are right. I hope that all is going well for you and that you are continuing to be able to control everything properly with your lifestyle changes.

Shiney - the perfect lawn? I don't know what that is - I think I shall have to wait another 20 years or so to even think about it - what with the five boys constantly doing their thing on the grass!

Gutted this morning - went out to the pond for my morning coffee, and all my fish are gone! I cant see one in there. I initially thought a heron may have visited - but they wouldn't have taken 7 fish AND two water lilies would they? They were all there last night after dinner when I fed them, (the fish, not the waterlilies) - so can only assume that someone has entered the garden and helped themselves overnight? I'm absolutely gutted about the fish - we've had a couple of them for six years, and others were babies that have been hatched in the pond and grown. I don't see anything else amiss though - kids bikes still in shed etc., so likely a targeted theft.

Off to take the kids to a movie today at Bluewater - kinda cool outside so sounds like a good thing to do :)

Have a good day everybody.

3. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Thats a rotten thing to do, thats really "low" of someone to steal pets.

Steve

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be sunny here, and in the upper 60's, the rain starts tomorrow until late Saturday.

Thats awful about the fish Natalie, hopefully they are just hiding, and no one took them!

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Late on here again as I had another rubbish night with this neck and shoulder pain plus I now have pins and needles down my right arm so when i go to see the Diabetic nurse tomorrow will ask her if I can take some painkillers as I haven't done yet due to not wanting them to react with my meds:oops:

Steve,good news with the allotment.You probably won't heed this advice but the first thing I would do if iot was me would be to tidy up the fruit trees cutting out any dead branches and that will let the air through by opening it up and then it will help you get a good crop.Mr Kandy does that to ours every year to get rid of any dead wood and crossing branches:D

Natilie,the losing weight is nice with the meds I am on but not the disease it's self.Depending on the results of my latest blood test will determine whether I stay on the same meds or have to take more.I am not looking forward to the thought of injecting myself with Insulin either now or at a later stage but I can't complain at my lot as there are people far worse off than me,and I am lucky in so much as I can still see and can still walk and appreciate this beautiful country we live in:D If you ever want to lose wieght get yourself a Carb,Fat and Calorie counter book and see exactly what is being put in all the foods we eat.No wonder there is so much tooth decay around and people are struggling to do their clothes up:D

I forgot to say,one of my nieces had her first baby the other day{Archie Jake:p} so I am again a Great Aunt and if I live long enough for them to grow and have a family then I shall then be a Great Great Aunt:p

Anyway,it is cold and grey outside today and as the builders have put down the cement next door I might have a bit of piece and quiet for a day or tow as it dries,but I see the cats have already walked across it and have left their footprints in the mix:hehe:

Hope you all have a good one:)

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Woo, I hope you and the girls are having fabulous walks in this weather :thumb:. Keep well :).

Natalie, the mind boggles at the 'boys doing their thing on the lawn' :hehe:. I know what the foxes do on our lawn :rotfl:. Sorry to hear about your fishnapping :(. That's a rotten thing to do :mad:.

penny, you're still getting the extremes of weather compared to us.

Steve, brilliant news :yho: but it looks like an enormous amount of work.

Kandy, sorry to hear that you have had another bad night :(. I wish you lots better :luv:.

It's another bright but nippy morning today. I'm off for my regular visit for treatment on my back and shoulders so will be told not to do any gardening this afternoon. There are plenty of other things to do, so that's OK.

Have a great day :D

7. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

No frost here overnight, first time all week, the rain moves in later tonight and is supposed to stay until Sunday, but today is going to be really nice, mid 70's.

8. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    haha Shiney - I was meaning things like making bike ramps and riding the bmx bikes all over, the occasional 'camping' in the tent during the summer, playing football, rugby, cricket, volleyball/badminton, and just generally having no thought for the condition of the grass afterwards :) However, the frogs obviously had other ideas for their activities out front this year, as I'm just 'swimming' in tadpoles with the pond! Haven't taken the covers off of the pool yet - but hoping there's none in there.......eek

Have sent OH and three of the boys out paintballing today - should be interesting with welts and bruises when they get home......the 10 and 11 yr old were so excited....as I've always told them that you have to be twelve to go - and we found a place yesterday in Effingham Surrey that allows 10 yr olds, and they lower the gas charge on the canisters so it's not as hard hitting. Hopefully they still manage to get their dad a good one in the rear end :) haha

Kandy - sorry to hear of another uncomfortable night - hoping that your meds are sorted and you know you're on the right ones for you after your docts appt.

I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet in the house today - 21 yr old is out paintballing as well, 18 yr old working an extra day at his Sunday job, so just myself and the 7 yr old, and his friends have just come and grabbed him down to theirs for playing this afternoon - this is bliss! A not too common occurrence for me to be home alone other than when school is in and I'm working :)

Have a great day everybody - and hope nobody has any problems with this volcanic ash - they say we're not supposed to notice it in the air as it's so high up?

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Frost last night but the sun is shining again so I'm waiting for the temperature to rise quite a way above the current 39.2F

I'm managing about 2 - 3 hours of pressure hosing per day but still have another week of it to go. I've now finished the worst area but even with this very high pressure hose it isn't cleaning everything properly.

This week, so far, has been quite good on the bridge front. I came top at one of my clubs on Tuesday, did well in an international game on Wednesday and won a county league match last night :thumb:.

I'll get some more pressure hosing done this morning but have to go to a charity bridge drive (Hospital League of Friends) this afternoon and then to another bridge club tonight where I'm currently top of the league table.

Keep well everyone :)

10. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations on your bridge wins Shiney! Don't talk about pressure washing - I shall get started again! I spent a couple of days pressure washing last week - highly addictive stuff! lol

Nothing on the agenda today - eldest son in London for a job interview, second eldest off to the hospice for the afternoon - so basically just playing mum taxi :)

OH took some of the kids paintballing yesterday - they had an absolute blast - loved it to bits - so am sure they will be using the other 16 tickets that came in our pack.

Have a great day everybody!

11. Maddie

Maddie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning everyone, hope everyone is well.

Another gorgeous morning here, chilly but it is warming up nicely as the day goes on so no complaints at all.

A busy day of doing absolutely nothing for me today, yay! The only plans I have is to re-pot a few bits and sow a few seeds. Need to take a few pics for the ID section but nothing else. May get roped into baking a few cakes but I think I can handle that!

Hope everyone has a fab day x

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its raining here a little bit, and its going to be upper 70's again today, and tonight the temperature dips way down and calling for flurries!!!!

I'm in and out again today, have some errands to do for Brad.

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Another nippy night and it was down to 34.7F by the time I got home at 1 a.m. It had risen to a magnificent 36.9 by 6 a.m. :) but has soared to 40.7 now :hehe:.

Oscar is sitting on the patio and staring intently at the back door - which he does from about 7.30 a.m. We call this his 'back door stare' which is done to try and will us to come out with his breakfast. By 8.10 he will decide that he can wait patiently on the bench dozing and still be at the back door before it has been opened fully. :hehe:

I have a lot of paperwork I shall do before going out to continue pressure hosing (sorry Natalie :)). Then it is visitors for dinner tonight. There wil be a mix of food. The first two courses will be a variety of Indian foods (two vegetarians - so Indian is ideal) followed by a choice of fresh mango, apple crumble or chocolate pots flavoured with Baileys with a choice of double pouring cream or 0% Greek yoghurt. Whoops! I have just started drooling so I hope it is because of the thought of the food and not old age :old:

14. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Evening friends:luv:
    Hope Natalie and Maddie enjoyed your days. Shiney where was my invite? Stomp! The meal sounds lovely especially the vegetarian food for me :)

I have sadly lost a friend and am going to her funeral on Friday- at least I got to see her in hospital but wish I had visited again.

I have been outside today in this glorious sunshine but have no energy at the moment. I think it is the medication side effects. I sunbathed instead of working! :snz: Have a lovely evening everyone.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Jazmine and everyone,

Jazmine, I hope you are feeling a bit more active today. Most medications have the side effect of tiredness or lack of energy.
    Sorry to hear about your friend :(. We have another friend's funeral to go to on Wednesday down in Harrietsham in Kent. A lovely area but not so good for a sad occasion.
    Are you a veggie as well? I'm a carnivore but Mrs shiney is veggie.

The weather was quite warm yesterday afternoon and I managed to do 5 hrs of pressure hosing - with breaks. Mrs shiney treated my neck and shoulders during each break and I was feeling fine for our guests. They have two kids, 2 and 5 yrs old, who are quite adorable :luv: - when you don't have them all day every day :hehe:.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I dozed in the armchair from 1.30 to 2.30 and felt wide awake so watched Britain's got Talent - which was good in places. Then went to bed at 4 a.m. but had trouble with cramp so went walkies :hehe: till 6 a.m. Then slept until 7.30

Today is going to be another very sunny day but is a little bit too cold yet for me to carry on with the pressure hosing. So I shall wait about an hour and play around on here. :)

Keep well :thmb: