Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its overcast and rainy here, and cool.

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It's a bit warmer this morning :thumb:

I overdid the pressure hosing yesterday :dh: (5 hours) and can hardly move today :(. My lower back is very bad but Mrs shiney will have a go at it :).

Keep well.

Have a great day :D

3. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny here this morning, and supposed to be upper 60's here.

We planted a total of 10 new tree's and shrubs's yesturday, so its an easy day for me.

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Just a quick flying visit as I still have shoulder and neck problems so can't sit at the computer for too long.:(Had torture treatment at the dentists yesterday afternoon and then went back an hour later to see the Dr.He says definetley a trapped nerve and I now have to ring our hospital to get some Physio sorted.I could have done without all this as I have so much to do,but just having to do everything slowly when i feel up to it:p

Shiney,all those hours pressure washing the slabs:euw:.You have put me off having a fancy patio as I would be crippled doing all that work not to mention our water bill:D:flag:

Anyway,went to see the nurse on Friday last week and she was so pleased with my blood results I don't have to go back and see her for six months and she said i am a model patient for taking control of this disease and said it is a pity more people with the condition didn't do the same:DThanks to everyone for their support and putting up with my panic and feeling quiet depressed with it,but at least I can stop the worrying:D:thmb:

Hope Woo,Rosa and everyone else are ok as well:)

Have a good day:)

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, I'm really sorry to hear that you are suffering so much with your trapped nerve :(and hope you get over it quickly :luv:. That's brilliant news about your other results :yho: - well done :gnthb:.

The pressure hosing doesn't use all that much water and our water bill is only £12 per month. This time of year it is always the hardest to do it after it has got all the winter grime stuck to it. The area under the pergola has been the major problem but that is my fault as I didn't get round to doing it properly last time. That area, about 400 sq ft, took me approx 15 hrs. The next 600 sq ft took 5hrs (because I had done it properly last time) and I have another 1000 sq ft to go :(. When I do it again in the summer it should only take about 10 hours to do the lot.

Once again the weather is chilly this morning but very sunny. As we haven't had any rain for weeks we are now having to water some of the newer plants in the garden. I went to a bridge match in Berkhampstead last night (50 miles away) and had to drive through very heavy rain - but none of it came our way. We won the match :yho:.

I got some mowing done yesterday and put up some sweetpea pyramids in the front garden and picked about 20lb of rhubarb to sell at the bridge club this afternoon. :thumb:

I wish all of you that are not feeling too well a lot better :gnthb:. Take care all.

6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    It's a flying visit as I am off out. I spent the whole day at my sons yesterday looking after Roxy dog and the little man. Phew.... I forgot I am getting old :hehe: The walk up the hill was the worst bit - I thought I would never make it.

Kandy hope you feel better soon. I agree we need to take control of our illnesses and do the most we can to help ourselves. I have done most of what I have been told but the losing weight is a real difficult one this time. I have never struggled like this before...

Have a great day everyone , not long now Shiney! Thinking of our missing members here. I think Rosa must be on cloud nine having fun :D

Loving this weather!!

7. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning -

Jazmine - so sorry to hear about your friend, I know you thought of her alot during her illness and did get to see when you could - she would've treasured your time and caring that you put into seeing her - be assured of that!

My 18 yr old son lost a favoured teacher during the half term - had taught at the school for 35 years and was one of those guys that taught because he truly felt he could make a difference. He really encouraged students through sports, and even did alot of sports work with youth in East London in his own time all those years. He always made sure that students were recognised for their achievements, and even just five weeks ago or so, he was able to come to Jay's last rugby game of the year to coach them at half time and encourage them along. Unfortunately many weren't aware just how serious his cancer was - and he passed away in the hospice that Jay volunteers in.

Kandy - great to hear about your bloods - and they obviously feel you are capable of keeping it up as well - so well done you - be proud of yourself!

Shiney - holy cow on the pressure washing.......I found the novelty of it wore off after the looking at the border area of where had been done and where hadn't....and realising that the driveway would take the best part of a day......lol. Maybe a project for one of the kids!

Jazmine - are you vegetarian? Never knew that about you after all these years!

Hope everybody has a great day - enjoy the blue skies and hello to Rosa and Woo wherever you may be!

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good moring everyone,

Its going to be suuny again, but still a little cool, plus we had some frost overnight too.

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends hope you are well and OK,Have a lovely day and please stay safe.:)

[​IMG]

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Woo, it's good to see you back on here :gnthb:. Have you been grounded by the volcanic ash? :hehe:

Shineyland is still very sunny :thumb:. I reckon that the ban on flights from Stansted has also kept the clouds away :).

We are off to another funeral today :(. This one is down at Harrietsham in Kent so no gardening today. At least it will be a nice drive - I hope. I've just checked the Highways Agency website and there is heavy traffic on the M25 but I reckon it must be rush hour traffic. We won't leave until 10.30 so should avoid that. We'll probably have lunch at a pub around there.

11. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be sunny and warmer here, high of 77*.

12. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Afternoon to everyone here :luv:

Natalie, yes I am, have been for 30 years now. I don't miss meat one bit, I love the wide range of veggie food available now. :yez: Dr.Mat is too so we eat the same food!

Penny you are having a heatwave!
    Woo so pleased to "see" you and your lovely photo.
    Shiney I am at a funeral Friday morning before we set off for my birthday break. I feel the need to get away at the moment, had a lot going on here but Dr.Mat has signed his contracts so should get a moving date soon and youngest son has just had his offer on a house accepted so am praying he can get a mortgage. He works two jobs and his partner works full time and I would love to see their little family settled.

Have a lovely evening whatever you are doing.

13. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone....

Its sunny but cool here, only in the upper 40's......so the heatwave is gone Jaz....come on warm weather!!

I've got some laundry on, forgot about that this morning, just finished the vaccuming, need to vaccum upstairs but i will wait until later, the breeze is cool here, so i doubt i will be outside much, so its a good cleaning day.

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all Ok and well.:)everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe:)
    Kandy I do hope you are feeling better every day:)
    Shiney enjoy your day,and take care:)
    Jazmine enjoy your break away and return safely:)
    Penny have a great day :)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

I hope you are all feeling much better after the six hours of maintenance :hehe:

Another heavy frost last night and beautiful sunshine this morning. The garden is coming along well and a number of people that have seen it lately have said we should be in the 'Yellow Book' but we want our charity to receive all the money we raise and not split it with anyone.

Mrs shiney has got some of the glassware that she makes going into a posh charity art exhibition/sale this weekend. We hope that they raise a lot for the charity. :thumb:

The grass has started growing quite quickly now so the regular mowing schedule has started.:mwlwn: