Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Birthday wishes to you Jazmine! A kind of bittersweet day today I know for you - but do remember to celebrate your birthday and remember the good times at the service while celebrating your friends life.

Have been up at head office for a couple of days - nice and relaxing this time - no heavy planning, forecasting, budgeting etc., just basically two days of feedback from us reps out on the road, nice casual dinner at the Swan pub in Farnham (lovely food!) rather than the formal meals etc. Was a nice relaxing change!

A gorgeous looking day out there today - just a drive into London to get over and done with before I can enjoy it :)

Unfortunately came home yesterday to find a dead robin in our pond, looked like it had been attacked by a cat or similar - loads of cats around here, and they all seem to think this is their own personal garden. Sometimes nature seems so cruel.

I hope everybody has a good day - not long till the weekend! Yay!!!!

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be another sunny day here and warming up slightly, plus we had frost overnight here too.

We have a busy weekend, yesturday was my husbands b-day, so we are celebrating on Sunday with a dinner, and out for lunch with friends tomorrow.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I do hope that you are all OK,Its another beautiful April dawn,the dawn chorus is just outside my window,The sky is a lovely blend of pink and red,and the big yellow duster in the sky is just about to get up,all in all a morning to remember.
    Here,s wishing all of you a lovely weekend and please stay safe my friends:)

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

woo, the yellow duster has arrived and it is indeed a wonderful day :gnthb:

Mrs shiney went to the preview of the exhibition last night, it opens this morning, and was delighted to see that five of her pieces had sold :yho:. She took some photos of the art and some of them are excellent.

Once again, I overdid the pressure hosing yesterday :dh: and and by the time I was due to go off to the bridge club last night I had to take some painkillers to get me moving :(. I'm a lot better this morning :thumb: but shall take it easy.

Happy birthday Jazmine :yho: you're still a spring chicken.

Have a great day :D

5. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic news about selling five pieces there Shiney! Have you posted pics of what she does on here? Would love to see her talents! Stop overdoing it with that pressure washing! lol - we have just lugged a couple of loads of wood for cutting/seasoning - I'm inside relaxing now :)

Woo - hope you're enjoying this lovely weather today! It's gorgeous out there!

Happy belated to your hubby Penny - will you have all the family together for his birthday dinner on Sunday? I know that means lots of driving for you to bring your daughter home, but nice to have all together.

I'm off outside with a iced latte, and going to lay in the hammock and menu plan for the next couple of weeks before tackling the grocery store :)

Have a good one everybody!

6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its sunny here and supposed to reach a high of 66*, and no rain until tonight, which we do need.:thumb:

Happy Birthday to You Jaz, have a great day :hpbthd:

You are right Nat, its for my husbands birthday, my oldest daughter comes home next Saturday (1st), so she wont be there tomorrow, but my younger daughter Natalie will be and her boyfriend. :thmb:

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

After a very warm day yesterday it looks as though we may have some rain later on - which our garden desparately needs.

Natalie, Mrs shiney is very pleased as she was told yesterday morning that 10 of her pieces have already been sold and was asked to take extra pieces in. We don't know the result of yesterday yet. I suppose we could put so photos of it on the 'Hobbies' thread but it is difficult finding time to do all this.

She is multi-talented as she does glass work, pottery, painting, pressed flower pictures, flower arranging, knitting ,crochet and lots of other things and that is apart from all the therapies she does.

I shall be off all day playing in the final of the county bridge tournament. This is a very tough competition and I shall be pleased if I manage to end up in the top half.

I've put a list of plants, on the open garden thread, that Mrs shiney has, so far, got ready for sale on open day. By the time we open there will be more to add to the list.

Keep well everyone. :)

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Shiney and all my other friends,hope you are all enjoying your weekend and feeling good,Take care and stay safe everyone:)Shiney good luck at the Bridge Tournament:thmb::)

9. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its overcast here and feels like rain, which is fine, we do need it.

Doing lots of housework, and have all the bedding in the wash, including duvets, to freshen those too.

Out for supper tonight, so i dont need to cook.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Yippee, we got some rain yesterday :thumb:. There wasn't a lot but the garden appreciated it. This morning it is already 44F and the sun is coming out to play.

I didn't do quite as well as I hoped at the bridge tournament yesterday but had a good time.

I've a lot of paperwork to catch up on and then I shall try and do some more in the garden. On Saturday I did some repair work on the old park bench we had been given. It is made of oak and is hard to work with and has been repaired a number of times in the past. I shall now need to go out and get some stain for it as each time it has been repaired the wood has looked different - although the repairs are mainly made in oak as well.

Keep well :gnthb:

11. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny here and supposed to be around 60* today.

12. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good afternoon everybody :)

Jazmine - hope you had a lovely weekend :)

As long as you enjoyed yourself at the tournament Shiney - then it was worthwhile going!

How is the garden coming along your neck of the woods Penny? Do you have any signs of spring happening? My cherries, plums and apples are in blossom now - always a welcome sign :)

Certainly missing Kandy and Rosas posts on here - hope they are both well and having good days.

Off into Romford working tomorrow - always welcome a day working out of the house - starts to get a little housebound sometimes otherwise!

Off to cook dinner for the kidlets........'cos it's that time of day!

Hope everybody has had a good Monday :)

13. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Evening to everyone :luv:
    We had a lovely break in Selsdon Park Hotel. The highlight was hubby getting locked in the gents in the main building. The lock disintegrated so he was locked in and eventually stood on the toilet seat, one foot on the loo roll holder which then broke and climbed over the gap at the top of the door. He is 15 stone and I am sorry but I laughed till I cried :lollol:
    I had a facial and pedicure which was enjoyable and managed to see my sister too :luv:

Think I will give Rosa a ring just to make sure she is ok. I would imagine she is loving her new yard and spending all her time in it!

14. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    I just phoned Rosa and she said it is ok to tell everyone she has been poorly. She had a nasty fall and is bruised and sore and also she has been having personal problems with her ex. She wanted to send her love to everyone here.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It is a summer's morning out there :yho:.

Unfortunately, I seem to have chest infection and am feeling poorly :(. I hope it doesn't turn into 'man flu' :hehe:

Jazmine, I'm pleased you had a good time :thumb:. When you talk to rosa next, please give her my best wishes :)