Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good Morning all my friends :)
    Shiney sorry to hear that you have a chest infection and hope that you recover quickly and feel better soon:)
    Have been in touch with Kandy who still a little poorly and have said how much she is missed and that she recovers and gets back to the Kandy we all know and love:):luv:
    Jazmine so pleased that you enjoyed your Birthday and your lovely break and please tell Rosa that she is also missed and hope that she is improving every day:):luv:

2. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the update on Kandy and Rosa - hope they both are on the way to recovery and feeling better. I was hoping that Rosa was just enjoying her new garden, hope the fall wasn't more than bruises.

Shiney - you cannot get a chest infection - you have too much work to do! Man flu - lol - do you really get that? You don't come across as a man flu type person!

Off to get kidlets to school, and off to Romford for work today - so venturing onto the dreaded M25 which I hate with a passion!

Hope everybody has an enjoyable day!

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Just a quick pop in, lots to get through today. I have several jobs in the garden lined up for OH.
    Hope you are ok Shiny, we want you in peak performance! :hehe:

If anyone speaks to Kandy please send our good wishes to her. I will ring Rosa again and I think the good wishes to her will help :)

It is a beautiful day here today, off to make the most of it. Have a great day all.

4. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    ps Natalie we did the M25 yesterday, I was a nervous wreck!!!

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Thanks for your good wishes. :gnthb:

Natalie, possibly not man flu but I do like a nice bit of sympathy :hehe:.

Jazmine, 'peak performance'! - I've not been up to that for many years :lollol::lollol::lollol:

I've done some pottering about in the garden this morning and off to the bridge club this afternoon. When I get back from the club I am going to do some comfort eating. I made a nice veggie soup yesterday and shall cook some lovely roast rib of beef with lots of roast spuds and some veggies :gnthb:

It's time now for my post gardening shower and some lunch before going out. :)

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be overcast, and a high of 56* today, and rain later too.

Huggs to Rosa......feel better soon Hun!

7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Shiney,Kandy,Jazmine,Natalie,Rosa,Penny,and all my other friends here at GC,I hope that you are all OK and well,Have a lovely day and please stay safe everyone,here is a little flower to start your day off with,I have just taken this because it was there all on its own:)

[​IMG]

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo and everyone,

Woo, lovely photo :gnthb:

I'm not feeling too bad, cough cough, as long as I don't take big breathes :). That reminds me of the old joke with the punch line 'Yeth, and I'm only sixteen' :hehe: :o

This morning I shall take it easy and finish off a set of accounts for someone and then, if it is nice and warm out, I shall do just a little pressure hosing. We planted out some brussels sprouts and runner beans yesterday so I shall make sure that they are watered OK.

I'm going to need to go out and buy another 300 litres of compost today. I think I shall get someone at Wickes to give me hand getting it in to the car to protect my back :old:. Today is the day Tracey turns up so I shall get her to unload the car for me :).

Monty, from up the road, has gone missing so we shall keep our eyes open for him. His humans are quite worried :(.

Have a great day :D

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo Shiney and everyone,

Thanks for everyones good wishes,and emails.I do try to read them when I can,but might not answer them straight away:luv:

Won't be on here long as I am still having problems with this dratted trapped nerve and can't sit at the computer like I used to be able to do:(I'm having deep massage and ultrasound treatment done on both my neck and shoulder which is very painful,but I just grit my teeth and put up with the pain{not like men who would be in buckets of tears:flag::D} I'm a bit annoyed though that apart from walking,I can't do any of my otyher forms of exercise at the moment so the weight losss had stuck but today weighed myself and have got rid of another 3,500 calories:D

Can't read back any of the posts,so hope you are all feeling ok and enjoying this lovely weather we are all having but it is going to change soon as we have a bank holiday coming up:(

Hoping it is going to rain Saturday as I am going for my Retinopathy scan,so will be blind for up to six hours so will have to chill out afterwards.Have to remember to take my sun glasses with me:cool:

Anyway,have to log off now as I have been on here too long.Hope you all have a great day and will be in contact as and when i can:luv:

10. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody

Kandy - can't even imagine the pain you might be in - have luckily never experienced anything like it for any extended period - but with everything else and then this setting you back - not nice. Good to hear from you though - hope the therapies work for you and you're back to your self soon.

We are supposed to have 21 degrees today? Still fairly cool at the moment, but looking forward to my lunch break and taking a bit of a relax and chill moment outside in the sunshine and just 'watch the pond' for a while! It's certainly a busy little place with all the tadpoles right now :)

Just thought I'd pop in here for a minute - but back to work for me now :)

Have a good one everybody!

11. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its going to be another dull, cool day here, and supposed to rain as well. :thumb:

Lovely pansy WOO, so pretty.:gnthb:

Today is my oldest daughters 20th birthday......god i feel old!!:hehe::hehe:

12. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends ,its another bonus of a day,not quite so sunny but warm and dry,enjoy your day and please stay safe:)

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It looks like another good day but they have forecast rain. The garden is crying out for rain so I won't complain. :)

Kandy, I hope your trapped nerve manages to escape :luv:

I'll try and get some gardening done before my meeting later this morning. Then I'm out to lunch and another meeting this afternoon. On the way back from the afternoon meeting I shall do the shopping for the food Mrs shiney's students that will be here tomorrow.

My chest isn't any better :( - but it isn't any worse :yho:

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its cool here this morning but supposed to warm up to around 60* today, and still waiting on the rain!

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Well, I seem to be back into summer mode. I went to bed at 3 a.m. but still got up at 5.30 when the sun rose - despite having blackout blinds :scratch:.

We had some heavy rain in the early hours of the morning :yho: which it had been threatening to do since early evening. It's good because it has been so long since it has rained.

The lighting out there is lovely at the moment because of thesun being low in the sky but giving a warm glow across newly damp plants.

I've got to get ready soon to start the cooking for Mrs shiney's students. She normall does her teaching at the weekends (once a month) but this month it is on a Friday :cnfs:.