Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney and everyone,

Shiney, hope you are feeling better with your bad chest and glad you have had some water from the sky like us,it has saved us the job of watering all the plants.I got some lovely photos of that light and the sun rising from my bedroom window.Ours were starting to look good at 6am,a it later than yours down south.Hope you have a good day cooking for mrs Shiney's students and please pass on my love to her and Oscar:luv:

Went and had more physio done last night and so feel in some pain this morning,but I know it is doing me some good.It is the Trapizium muscle that has gone in to spasm,but can't remember if that has caused the trapped nerve or it has gone into spasm because of the trapped nerve as she was telling me all this when she was doing the deep massage and I couldn't really concentrate on what she was saying as anyone who has had deep massage will be able to tell you:pI also have exercises to do to stop the pins and needles and I look like one of those traffic policemen who use their hand to make the cars move on,but it works like magic and stops the pins and needles feeling so it is all good. :D I don't know how i did this but I just hope I never suffer with it again as it is a right pain in the bum or should I say neck and shoulder:D

Anyway,I rang Rosa yesterday but she was out so left a message to ring me but have not heard back from her so hope all is well with her.Rang her last Monday and we had a brief chat and she did say then she would ring me but never did so am a bit concerned about her:(

I have to go now as I have sat here too long,sorry for any spelling mistakes but i am trying to type fast before I seize up.Hope you all have a good day:luv:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy and Shiney and all my other friends here at Gardeners Corner:),
    Kandy so pleased that things are Improving for you:) everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe:)

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Good to see Kandy back and hope everyone is well.
    I think we should have a general medical thread where we could maybe suggest remedies and tips etc?
    I would use it :lollol: I am falling to pieces. I now have eyesight problems, went for a eyecheck because I was seeing double and other strange things and the optician frightened the life out of me. He did the test twice, I was in there ages and said I now have two prisms :cnfs: and as they are different it needs investigation so he is writing to my gp. He asked if I had had a blow to the head and said it is to do with the brain and the eye muscles...I am hoping it is maybe damage from the heart medication.

Dr. Mat moves into his bungalow today and it is chaos here. Enjoy your day everyone.

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be around 70* here today and supposed to start raining after supper tonight, which we do need!!

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Up early this morning:ywn:as I couldn't lay there any more with this painful shoulder so going to use my heat pad and see if it does any good:D

Have to go this morning to have my eyes photographed and then it is an easy day for me until my sight is restored:hehe: I might even be able to get Mr Kandy to cook the evening meal for us tonight which will make a pleasant change:D oh and by the way,silly me got rid of a load of money yesterday when I went to the shop to get Mr Kandy a Birthday card and gave them all my loose change to help them out and then realised last night that we need change for the hospital car park today :dh::lollol:

Shiney hope the student day went off ok for Mrs Shiney and that they enjoyed your lovely food:gnthb:

Woo,thanks for your kind words and hope that all is well with you as well:luv:

Jazmine sorry to hearabout your eye problems.The only prisms I know about is on the glass of my specatcles{glasses}and the prism on the right glass s always thicker at the side of my right eye glass than at the bottom or the left side which is fine,so it looks {scuse pun} like my right eye is weaker than the left eye:scratch:

I think we fall apart quicker than the men because of all the running about we do for them compared to what they do for us:hehe: Hope you get your self sorted soon.

I rang Rosa again yesterday morning and got through this time and she is ok,just got lots to do with sorting out her personal life so hasn't got time or inclination at the moment to spend time sitting at the computer on different forums.I do hope she keeps in contact with her friends thugh:luv:

Anyway,hope you all have a good day and that the weather stays fine for you:)

6. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy,and all my other friends,Hope you are all OK,its a lovely day at the moment here,quite warm ,heavy rain in the night,so everything in the garden is covered in raindrops,just like little light bulbs,I am going down to sheerness(Isle of Sheppy) at 9am(Whelans) Mrs Woo wants a sun dial for her front garden,Have just put my Runner Bean sticks up,everyone have a lovely weekend and please stay safe:)
    Kandy glad that you are feeling a little better and good luck with your eye photography this morning:)
    Jazmine sorry to hear about your eye problem,you look after yourself:)
    Shiney hope all is well with you and Mrs Shiney:)

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, you got up just as I was going to bed. It didn't get as cold last night as they said it would. At 4.45 it was 48F and is back up to 51 now. I am keeping an eye on the temps because the greenhouse is so crowded we can't plant new things until it is warm enough to move things out. Although some of the things in there are hardy enough they will slow down if we moved them out e.g. ten hanging baskets.

The rain we have had in the last two days had made a fantastic difference to the garden. Although there was good colour and everything looked good there was loads of bare soil. Now, suddenly, everything has spread outwards and upwards and there is green all over the place. :thumb:

Jazmine and Kandy, I hope that your eye problems get sorted out soon. Jazmine, it sounds as though your medication could be the cause. Kandy, you should ask them to email your eye photos to you. Then, if you have to have them photographed again, you would be able to compare them yourself. Mrs shiney has done that.

woo, thanks for your good wishes and hope your sundial hunting goes well :thmb:

I wish you all lots better :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and Shiney,

Shiney,if I knew you were up at that time of the morning I would have said Hi when I logged on here:D

I didn't realise they could email the photos to you:scratch:I will ask the question and see what they say,although if I hand over my email details I will probably be flooded with spam rubbish:(The booklet they sent with my appointment said that they keep the photos for eight years so that they can compare the photos from year to year.When I had my MRI scan done the other year I was given the films in a large cardboard envelope and the results were also emailed to my Dr and the Orthapedic surgeon for his reference.It is amazing what can be sent by email these days:DHope all is well with Mrs Shiney in the eye department:thumb:

Woo,enjoy your day in Sheerness and hope the sun shines on both you and Mrs Woo's new sundial.:luv:

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning all :luv:

Kandy, I'm pleased you spoke to Rosa, it's so good to have friends we can talk to. I miss her on here, I hope she soon gets well. I think she will be back soon chatting about her new garden. :)
    The prisms are to do with my glasses, they correct the eyes double vision but he is unsure of why there are different sizes? Anyway the GP phoned yesterday and I see him on Wednesday. I admit I will be glad to know what it is. I think I had sort of got used to the blurred and double vision.
    Today is carpet cleaning day, kitchen scrubbing day before we start to move Dr.Mats stuff in. I cannot wait to get started on his garden. It is small but well established and "old" looking [a bit like me :lollol:] I need some tips on garlic growing as he just loves garlic.

Have a great day everyone, enjoy your Saturday.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Jazmine,

garlic growing - stick it in the ground and watch it grow :thumb:. Nuff said! :hehe:

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi everyone,I'm back from the hospital,although having difficulty in seeing what to type at the moment:D

Shiney Iasked the lady taking the photos and they don't send out copies of the photos due to security reasons.She said they fax them over to my Dr but won't send them to me.She showed me all four photos and went through a few things of what the people reading them are looking for.She did say that you can pay £15 and have them done at the Opticians and you get them but not through the hospital:p

Jazmine,we put our garlic in the ground in the autumn and had a good crop although the leaves got rust on them something shocking which then spread to our onions so be warned although i am not sure if that was only us that had the rust problem.Mr Kandy isn't going to grow any this year because of that problem:oops:

12. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Goodness me,poor souls,I do hope you are all getting back to good health now:thumb:
    I've not been around too often and was concerned to read that so many of you have been off colour. Cheer up folks....warmer weather is on it's way...fingers crossed:D

13. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends ,hope this post finds everyone Ok ,enjoy your day and please stay safe:)

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was another mild and dry day so we got the gutters of the summerhouse cleaned out and all the outside walls of it sugar soaped and washed. As we have so many trees around the wooden fascia gets covered in algae and dirt quite quickly.

It started raining in the evening and at 1.30 the heavens opened. I can't remember it having rained so heavily for years and it continued like that for about an hour. I wouldn't have wanted to be driving in it. The rain stopped, briefly, about 5.30 but has carried on since then.

We have friends coming round for lunch and we were then supposed to be going to the nearest small town for their open garden festival :(. It is usually quite good and has events going on and lots of stalls on the town square. I hope the rain stops for them.

My chest is still about the same and the mornings seem to be the worst but I try to ignore it as much as possible :). It doesn't stop me from working in the garden and I manmaged to het some of the mowing done as well :gnthb:

Woo, I guess that your weather is as grismal as ours :( but the garden needs it.

Pal, thanks for your good wishes :thumb:

Jazmine, we go to the optician as we get our tests free as pensioners :old:. So that must be why Mrs shiney got her photos from them. They were checking her eyes for cataracts and she is OK.

penny, it looks as though spring has finally arrived with you :thmb:

Have a great day :D

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo Shiney and everyone,

We are all ok Nick,just battling with the aches and pains of being:old::DHope you and your family are all well:gnthb:

Woo hope you are still managing to enjoy the countryside depsite the wet stuff and hope Mrs Woo managed to get the sunidal she was after:)

Shiney sounds like you are still busy with the garden,and I hope the weather stays kind for you and your visitors at the end of the month.We shall be thinking of you:luv:Hope your manky chests starts to get better soon:luv:

Well my eyes were out of focus for six hours yesterday but made sure that when I went outside in the sun I wore my sunglasses.We went over to the allotment in the afternoon and while Mr Kandy was busy doing some planting of stuff I did some gentle hoeing under the fruit trees,but silly me forgot to get some photos of my Cox's apple tree that is full of bloom and it is too wet today to get back over there.:(

We were hoping to go this morning to a plant fair at the local statley hall and to look round the gardens but it looks like they might be rained off which is a shame as we have been for the last three years and they have some unusual plants there.The other year I got a fantastic green flowered primula which has just started to bloom and which you don't find in the garden centres:p

Hope you all have a great day with family and friends:luv: