Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its warm here, curently 77* and raining, but we did need it, so thats fine.

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It is a windy, cold morning but very sunny.

I wasn't up to going to the open garden festival yesterday but the others went. They enjoyed it but came back frozen. It's such a pity because of all the effort they put into it.

I shall take it easy again today.

Keep well and have a great day :D

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Shiney and all my other friends ,I thought I would say hello at a more reasonable time this morning:hehe: I do hope you are all OK,
    Shiney hope things improve for you soon :)Kandy hope you are alright and feeling a little better to day :) Everyone have a good day and please stay safe:)

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo, I hope you are well :gnthb:

We've just had a bit of a scare. About half an hour ago I looked out in the garden and the glass from the greenhouse door was scattered 15ft across the lawn. I rushed out and there was evidence of a fight in the greenhouse with some pots strewn around at the far end where Oscar's home is. Oscar was nowhere to be seen. The fight had obviously continued straight out through the glass of the door. The pane of glass is about 3ft x 2.5ft.

In the past the only cat that would try and fight with him was Monty and that didn't happen often. Sadly, Monty disappeared over a week. His humans said that on the last day they saw him he wasn't looking too happy and wonder whether he was ill and crept away somewhere. :(

The other worry was whether it could have been a fox that got Monty but he was a big cat and we don't think a fox would want a fight with him. Of course, the same thing came to mind this morning about Oscar because the other cats in the area are either very friendly with him or keep well away.

We had a quick look around for him and when we couldn't see him, Mrs shiney whistled for him as usual, we cleared up the glass from the greenhouse, patio, lawn and flower bed.

I then phoned Monty's humans as Oscar usually visited them each morning and they said that Oscar hadn't been up there since Monty disappeared. Whilst I was on the phone Mrs shiney came to the window with Oscar in her arms and his paws around her neck as is his wont. k-l :yho:

She brought him into the kitchen and examined him carefully but he seems OK. Underneath his paws they were thick with mud and he normally hates getting his paws muddy so he probably chased the intruder across the mud. He let Mrs shiney wash his paws and she checked to see that there weren't any glass cuts. He had a cuddle and some food and then asked to go out. :gnthb:

Tomorrow I shall have to contact the glaziers down the road.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and Shiney and everyone else when they get on here:)

Woo,still feeling sore with this trapped nerve problem but the physio lady did say it woud take some time to heal so will have to just take it easy and keep mobile but not over do heavy lifting etc.Hope you and Mrs Woo and family are all keeping well and many thanks for keeping an eye on me so to speak:luv:

Shiney,sorry to hear you were not up to going out far yesterday and I do hope you start to feel back to your :old: self real soon.We need to set up the old crocs spot for all us ailing wrinklies:D

Sorry to hear about the punch up with the cats and glad to hear that Oscar was none the worse for the fight.I think it must have been a territorial fight,possibly as well over food if there is any in the greenhouse.We have a ginger tom that is coming into the garden and upsetting our cats and it is spraying all in the garage and greenhouse/shed if i leave the door open when it is hot weather and the smell is terrible.It is even spraying up my plant pots so I have to keep hosing them down to get rid of the smell:(

Hope you get the glazing done ok and that it doesn't cost a fortune to repair:(

Well yesterday morning we trotted off to the plant fair and got some more alpine and supposidly hardy plants although at the moment it is too cold and windy to put them in the ground.It was freezing cold over at the fair as the area where the plant fair was held is exposed so even the stall holders were frozen and the ice cream seller never sold one ice cream all the time we were there:pHad a nice walk round the gardens of the Hall and even went into the greenhouses and got some photos of the pelargoniums that were in flower:)

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its still raining here, and warm, its supposed to be around 72* here today.

I am off to Toronto in a bit to drop off some parts for my husband.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Looks like you are all still in the land of nod:D

Well the cold wind has died down a bit and the sun is shining and my broom shrub outside the lounge window is a mas of lovely sweet smelling flowers which wafts into the room when I open the windows:D

They are just talking on the telly about that large oil slick due to that rig blowing up so I expect the petrol prices will be going up yet again.Don't know about prices anywhere else in the country but ours round here are £1.21/£1.22 a litre:( and also Ireland has grounded their planes due to the ash cloud coming back again and that won't make travellers very happy:p

Anyway,have an appointment to keep this morning so had better go and have my shower and get ready:)

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

8. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy and all my other friends,everyone have a great day and all stay safe:)
    Kandy so pleased that you are a little better to day:)
    Shiney thank goodness Oscar is alright and well,hope you get your greenhouse glass sorted today:)

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It is lovely and sunny but pretty cold today.

I shall have to work out how to remove the wooden glazing batons without breaking them. They are only thin and are 34 years old and are fixed to the doorframe with pins that have had their heads bent over and hammered into the batons. I shall try to ease the pins out carefully. If that works I can then put new glass in and try and not smash it when I hammer the pins in.

Oscar seems no worse for yesterday's incident and Mrs shiney has repotted most of the plants that were strewn all over the place. I think she lost one or two of the new blight resistant tomatoes.

Keep well and have a good day :D

10. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    good morning everyone.
    Now that the Bank Holiday is over, I am pretty sure it will be sunny all day....though it is bitterly cold.:)

11. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone.:)

Its still overcast here and supposed to rain off and on all day:flag:....and a high of 70* today.:thumb:

12. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I do hope that you are all OK,my eyes have early this morning,I get like this ,excited about the new day, I shall go for a walk this morning with Gypsy,Tiny.Penny everyone enjoy your day and please stay safe:)

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo and everyone,

woo, enjoy your walk with the little ones :gnthb: :)

Stage one of the greenhouse repair done - I managed to remove the batons without braking them and ordered the glass.

Stage two, hopefully today,
    1. pick up glass,
    2. hold glass in place with one hand
    3. use another hand to position baton
    4. use another hand to wield the hammer :scratch:
    5. use a fourth hand to attempt to keep Oscar from helping k-l
    6. try to do all this on my own (Mrs shiney is out all day) and hope not to break the glass whilst doing it :(
    7. Hope not to have a coughing fit (still got my chest infection) as all my four hands will be busy at the same time :hehe:

Have a great day :D

14. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody!

Haven't been in here the last few days - been outside pottering around most of the time and getting a few jobs done. The weekends main job was cleaning out the pool and getting that set up for the kids, a little maintenance to do around the edges after the cold winter, but should get that finished quick and get it set up - and then hopefully........fingers crossed, we'll get some weather where we'll be able to enjoy it!

Shiney sorry to hear about the scuffle - hope Oscar's fine and not worse for wear. I've noticed alot of daytime foxes in our little valley lately - normally we would see one or two but mostly around dinner time in the evening, but have seen them all times of day lately.

Woo did you get down to the Sweeps festival at all on the weekend? We had every intention of going, but the weather wasn't that great, and we chickened out.

Kandy hope you're taking it easy and treatiing yourself well - hope youre feeling better soon with no discomfort.

It's another freezing morning out there this morning - kids are back to winter jackets in the morning headed to school!

Have a great day everybody :)

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Shiney and everyone,:)

Woo enjoy your walk with the animals and hope the weather stays fine for you:)

Shiney,enjoy your glass fitting and hope that Oscar doesn't get in the way too much:hehe:Hope you have got some meds to get rid of that nasty chect infection and hope you feel better soon:luv:

Kandy have a really great day in all that you do and hope you enjoy Mr Kandy's Birthday on Polling day:luv:

Enjoy your day everyone:)