Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Looks like it is going to be a nice day out there as the sun is shining,although it looks like it might be a tad breezy:D

Been busy planting up the new border we have dug out so hopefully in the better weather it will look nice and colourful:pGot rid of the full skip yesterday and are having a break before we have the next one as it is quiet tiring filling them up,although now the neighbours at the side of us and across the road want one as well:hehe:

Popped over to spend the afternoon with my friend and we had an enjoyable few hours chatting as we sat outside in the garden enjoying the warmth of the sun,oh and she has a duck nesting in her hedge and although two eggs have been thrown out she has managed to hatch four pom pom chicks:p

Hope everyone has a good day enjoying their gardens and work:D

2. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Morning Kandy and everyone

Yes, a nice day I think - but blowy. The kind of day which sorts out the plants which can take a bit of aggro from those which just flop over in an untidy heap. I make a few exceptions but mostly I don't like plants which have to be supported. I'd rather grow things which can stand unaided.

It sound as though you've been busy, Kandy. I'm off to get started on work - with luck I might get some time in the garden later. Still pathetically pleased with my ten pound Wilko mini-greenhouse!

3. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    PS Get well soon Jazmine. Hope you're back online soon.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy and Claralou and all my other friends,hope you are all OK and well,have a good day and please stay safe:)
    Best wishes to Jazmine for a speedy recovery:)

5. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its supposed to be a nice day here, around 78*, although the rain is moving in later.

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends ,hope that you are all OK,its just getting light here,although the birds are,nt up yet,so I guess it will be me that gets the worm this morning:hehe: everyone have a good day and please stay safe:)

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,Lovely day out there today so hopefully will get outside again today:)I expect when I am watching Wimbledon next week we will probably have a heat wave:D

Hope you all have a great day:)

8. loopy lou

loopy lou Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    morning all - lovely day here am off to work in a minute but will be gardening later

when my first ripe strawberry will be consumed al fresco!

loopy

9. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its warm here, but raining, supposed to all day.

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hello everyone, I just popped in to say a huge thanks to everyone who wished me well.
    Thanks to Loopy for ringing me often to cheer me up :gnthb:
    I am getting on well, just a little sore still and bruised too. I put a pic in my profile, I didn't want to put it here in case it made anyone feel ill! My eyes swelled even more and my face turned all colours.
    I was very brave during the op - I was awake but didn't complain :hehe:

Shiney please tell Mrs Shiney I did as she told me too.

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,473
    Good morning everyone,

We're back from our holiday in the Lake District. Right up until the day we were going the 10 day weather forecast was rain every day :( but once we got there the weather turned out wonderful :gnthb:. The second day there was the only day with any precipitation :hehe: and it only drizzled on and off whilst the girls had decided that it had to be a retail therapy day. One other day was windy but dry and the rest were sunny and warm.

We met up a couple of times with Steve R and his wife and had a good time. :thumb:

Before we left for our holiday I must have had a senior moment :old: as I forgot to take my walking socks and my camera :dh: - but I did remember to take the battery charger for my camera :lollol:

Since we returned I have been struggling to catch up with everything but hope to finish the mowing today and tomorrow.

Jazmine, I'll pass on your message to Mrs shiney. :thmb:

Best wishes to all of you :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

The rain has stopped, and its supposed to be nice today, around 80*, but tomorrow the humidity moves in for the weekend.

Speedy recovery Jaz!

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Glad to hear that holidays and operations went off ok for everyone:thmb:Shiney sorry that you forgot your socks and camera.At least you were in the best place to be able to go out and buy another camera and some socks so they would have been glad of your custom:p

Not long now before I have my break in the sun.So looking forward to it as well after all the work we have been doing these last few weeks:D

Got another skip coming this morning so will soon have that filled unless the much needed rain puts the mockers on it,but the weekend weather looks promising:)

Going to miss Springwatch now that it has ended,son't know why they can't keep it going all year round like some of these other programmes that are certainly not worth the license fee:D

Anyway,my friend will be upset that her free swimming is going to be scrapped,but with her hubby's civil service pension coming in I am sure she will still be able to go:hehe:

Must dash as I don't know what time the skip will be getting here so have to get the cars moved ready for it.:D

Have a good day everyone:)

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be a gorgeous day here, around 86*........no rain either.

Getting ready to watch Germany play now, and England later this afternoon.

15. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Evening all :luv:

Shiney I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday. I missed that you were going! Didn't Mrs Shiney lay out your socks for you?? :hehe: What happened to your list of "things to take with me"
    Penny I hope you enjoyed the football. I watch bits of it but get bored easily.

Kandy are you having a clear out? I could do with a skip here!

I have been out today [art therapy] and was glad to start getting back to normal with the obligatory "panda eyes" comments :lollol: