Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    :lollol::lollol::lollol:
    What a start to the day, Shiney that made me laugh aloud here. My bum isn't little though!! :lollol:
    Morning campers! It's a beautiful start to the day here, OH is off to Bedford, I am going to be outside all day. GP first then the day to myself.
    Enjoy the weather everyone.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Jazmine and Shiny and all my other friends here at Gardeners Corner,I hope that you are all OK and well,enjoy your day and please take care:)

3. loopy lou

loopy lou Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    morning all, good laugh on this thread!!!

i am off to work soon but tis my last day of the week so i will be looking forward to a few days of gardening

glad you are on the mend jazmine and best wishes to your lovely boy x

my daughter has tonsillitis AGAIN so i am running round in circles here - poor thing has lost her appetite and is really quite unwell- good job my office is only five mins away so i can pop home whenever

loopy

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its warm, but raining pretty hard here, supposed to all day. :dh:

We had some WILD weather here yesturday:(.....around 1:30pm we had a 5.5 earthquake, it was centred around Ottawa which is 6 hours away from me, but you could feel the tremors here, and it was crazy to feel it:flag:!!

Then around 5:30pm we had a tornado touch down around 45 minutes away from me, and we had wicked storms all night and still under a severe storm warning today :flag::flag:

Just getting ready to watch the match from yesturday at Wimbledon, with John Isner, holy cow....i cant believe how long its gone on!!!!

5. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Penny that sounds scary, keep safe.

I have just stopped lol, my feet are HUGE and I am now wearing flipflops because shoes do not fit :(
    After my GP visit, felt a bit down in the dumps so called on my neighbour and we had a lovely walk down the lane to a beautiful green area surrounded by fields and is an "overflow" graveyard where her husband is.
    It was so peaceful and it made me remember what is important in life. Then OH got home and we went round Dr. Mats and worked so have had a full day today :)

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Another hot day today. Lots to do.

Keep well, and enjoy yourselves :gnthb: :)

Have a great day :D

8. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Morning Shiney and everyone.

I have just had to rescue my elderly, not-so-agile cat from the thicket of ivy and jasmine which grows on the end wall of my garden. He puts up with woodpigeons sitting quietly on the end of his garden seat while he sunbathes but having one up very close and personal and making that silly noise was too much for him. For a moment there he got so angry he thought he could fly. Now I'm covered in cobwebs.

Have a great day, everyone - it looks like another nice one.

9. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be around 83* here and sunny, until tomorrow when the rain moves in, again.

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Evening friends :luv:

That made me laugh Clara Lou :hehe:

Hope everyone had a lovely day in this beautiful weather.
    I actually did some work in the garden, planted a few more bits, pottered and enjoyed myself.

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends,Its another cracking summer,s day,I hope everyone is OK and well,This was my first sight at 5am this morning through my window,what a way to start the day,everyone have a great weekend and please take care :)

[​IMG]

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Fabulous photo, woo :gnthb: :ntwrth:

It's going to be a hot one today. It's another student day today so I'm on kitchen duty :).

Our mahogany garden table fell apart last week. It was pretty old (I know the feeling :hehe:) and had given good service. So I searched the web and ordered a new one, which arrived yesterday :thumb:.

I'm not very good at DIY and it really needs two pairs of hands to put it together - but I managed it on my own (Mrs shiney was busy) after a few mishaps :(. Oscar didn't help at all. All he did was sit in the shade and watch me - I'm sure he was laughing at me :hehe:.

It is quite large, 6ft x 3ft, and extremely heavy. Once I finished putting it together I had to get Mrs shiney to help get it upright and in position (I had enough trouble getting myself upright :rotfl:). Oscar obviously approved of it as two minutes after we had put it on the patio he was fast asleep on top of it k-l.

I think it was a bargain at £120 (including delivery)

http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=2213&pf_id=LS0056D

I can hear the kitchen calling :hehe:

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It is going to be very hot today :(

We're off later this morning to see the open gardens in a town near us. They are doing it for the local hospice :thumb:

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely sunshine.:yho:Long may it stay with us,well until we have got our hols out of the way that is:D

Been busy as usual trying to keep the allotment plants alive and will be going back over there this morning before it gets too hot.Should be starting to pick our first raspberrries any day now and the winter broad beans are all but finished:p

We have just finished filling our second skip and the site foreman of the two houses next to us said we can have anything we want so next week we are going to ask him to build us a kitchen extension to give us more light, now that we have lost the sun in there.:pI have been supplying the workers with large bottles of squash to keep their fluid levels up but now starting to run out of bottles and have jugs full of undiluted squash in the fridge:D

Hope everyone has a good day.I expect Mr Kandy will be watching the Grand Prix this afternoon but I will have to drag myself out into the sunshine as there is no tennis today:p:D

15. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Woo what a beautiful sight from your window, just stunning :gnthb:
    Kandy, what no football??!!! I may watch the game but I am an outside girl :hehe:
    Shiney, what can I say? You had me chuckling here as now I have met you I could quite easily picure Oscar laughing at you [that's my boy] also Mrs Shiney being busy [when ISN'T she busy?]

What a lovely lady she is.

Enjoy the open garden, wish we were there with you.
    Please tell Mrs Shiney I cannot believe how quickly the awful bruising and swelling disappeared from my eyes!

Hello to everyone else, have a lovely day.