Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

You will soon have a well earned break Natalie! :gnthb:
    Penny maybe you should have a few mooseheads ( or moosesheads?) for her :D

Woo I forgive you- let Shiney think he is important today :lollol:

Have a great day one and all, it's hospital first thing for me then off out!!!

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    woo, I'm honoured. :hehe: It's not because of my age, is it? :scratch: :old:

We have some people coming round to see the bee orchids that are now in bloom so I have to go. :)

Have a great day. :D

3. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its Canada Day here, so its a holiday for most, and fireworks tonight :gnthb:.

The rain held off yesturday, and none in the forecast today, so thats fine with me! :thmb:

4. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its supposed to be a nice day here, mid 80's, and no rain all weekend!!

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Ohhh it's quiet...:yho:

Evening all.
    I have had a lovely day. I was invited round my friends this morning to sit in her garden and have a walk round it- it is beautiful :) We then went to my parents for the afternoon and sat in the garden while OH put in a new shower, bless him :D
    It is still hot here at 8.30pm.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good evening (almost morning) everyone,

It was hot and sticky today :(.

We had a bit of a scare today as Oscar went walkabout. He didn't appear for his breakfast and was still missing when I went out at 7.30 p.m. He never misses breakfast and is always around the garden when Mrs shiney's car is in the car port. He turned up at 8.30, none the worse for his absense, and asked for some food. He did miss his breakfast once before, a couple of years ago, but returned in the afternoon.

Mrs shiney is very pleased to see him k-l k-l- and so am I. :)

Have a good night :D

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Shiney,Kandy,Jazmine,Natalie,Penny,and all my other friends ,hope you are all OK and well,have a lovely Saturday and Sunday and please stay safe :)

Part of the Dawn Chorus:hehe:
    [​IMG]

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,don't seem to find much time to get on here just lately{sorry if I have said this before}but we have so much going on at the moment and while the weather has been decent am spending as much time outside as possible to get plenty of vitaminD as I can:D

Went over to the allotment yesterday morning and picked loads of red and yellow raspberries and got soaked in the process due to all the foliage being wet from some of the wet stuff that decided to fall from the sky for once:D and on Thursday I dug the first two roots of our early spuds so as I am allowed to eat them they are going down quiet nicely:)I would like to lose another 6lb in weight before the middle of this month but cant see that happening so will just have to make do with the 34lb I have already lost.:hehe:Losing so much weight has inspired lots of my friends to restart their diets as they are thrilled to bits in how well I have done.:)

Jazmine sounds like you have had a good time with family and friends of late:)

Woo,lovely photo of the sparrow,still nice to hear the dawn chorus even at this time of the year:thmb:

Shiney,we had two cats go missing the other week over night and they ended up in next doors shed,of which they rarely use as they have a double garage in which to store all their junk so we were lucky that we heard their cries of wanting to be found:)

Well the temperature here this morning is 59f outside and 71f inside already so once my other half is up and we have breakfasted we will be heading over to the lottie for a few hours and then this afternoon I want to catch up on the ladies finale in the tennis:D

Have a good day everyone in all that you do:)

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo, Kandy and everyone,

It's still hot and sticky out there but quite cloudy at the moment. I hope it rains as we seem to be spending a couple of hours a day watering the greenhouse, hanging baskets, pots, plant sale area and veggies :(.

Kandy, we haven't had any of the wet stuff for ages. Your crops seem to be doing well. Congrats on the weight loss :gnthb:

The sweetcorn seeks to have suddenly got going, after having done very little for ages, and appears noticeably taller every day. :thumb:

Busy day today.

Have a great day :D

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,

A lot of our veg seedlings wouldn't grow very fast at all this year even indoors and had to sow my sweetcorn twice and still lost some when we planted them out:(Next year I am definetly investing in some decent compost not that c r a p stuff that you can buy three bags for a tenner and see if that does any good.:DWe have loads more stuff to harvest so will get piccys as they come out of the gorund and before they get noshed:p I had to open the window earlier as it was stifling indoors so it has least gone down a degree:D

Forgot to ask Shiney,what blight resistent toms are you growing this year? We are growing Ferline and Legend so want to see how they fair although silly Mr Kandy mixed them up in the garden so don't know which is which.:pIf we lose them this year that there is no way are we ever going to grow them again as it is too much hard work and I don't even eat them:D

Enjoy your day,I have some hungry cats to feed as we have more now that prefere to live with us than their own homes although we are not too please with the ginger tom that keeps spraying everywhere and it looks like it has mange as well,which is not good:(

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
  12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney thanks for that link.I have put it into my favourites and will check it out later:gnthb:We got the names off of the gardening programme a few months back on our local radio station and they gavce out the name of your variety but no spelling so had to write down what I thought the spelling was {Coralic}Anyway,couldn't find any in any of our local garden centres so had to give up in the end and are just growing the other two varieties in our garden{not the allotment where there is potato blight}

Our next door neighbour is growing some toms this year in pots so will see whether they get the blight and see what happens with both theirs and ours:D

13. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning all :) Morning, evening, afternoon, goodnight Shiney :hehe:

I wonder if Oscar has a lady friend? Did he come back with a smile on his face?

Woo, you see the best part of the day- enjoy whatever you are doing today.

Kandy that weight loss is amazing,well done. I have a stone to lose now and have been good the past few days-it helps with all this lovely fruit around as I just love blackberries, cherries, strawberries etc.
    It's looking a hot one today, I need to catch up here.

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Morning everyone,:)

Its going to be another beautiful day here, and again, no rain! :thmb:

Have to go to the grocery store later, and then off to work outside in the gardens, so some weeding and such:gnthb:

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good Morning all my friends I hope that you are all OK and feeling good,Its another Bonus of a day plus :)
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The sun has got his hat on[/FONT]
    [align=left] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hip-hip-hip-hooray![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The sun has got his hat off,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] And he's really out today."[/FONT]:lollol::)
    [/align]
    Sorry about that could,nt resist it,everyone have a great day and please stay safe:)