Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo and everyone,

It looks as though it will be another extra hot day. It's lovely to see the sun shining but I'm not keen on the heat - and the garden isn't too happy either. We seem to have missed all of the rain that has been around in the past week or so. They forecast that it will be quite windy today but there is not even a hint of a breeze at the moment. So it will be early morning and late evening gardening today :).

Jazmine, I don't think Oscar has a lady friend. We've never had any hint of one and he is getting a bit on in years to get frisky in the hot weather :hehe: :old:. We guess he is about 15 now. Yesterday he spent all day shadowing Mrs shiney. He was never more than two feet from her k-l. Actually, all four feet were near her :hehe:.

It's time I got out there and weeded around the veggies.

Have a great day :D

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning peeps :luv:

The sun has got his hat on here too Woo! In fact it feels hot already :)

I am off out today as we have to pick Dr. Mat up and go to select some furniture from a house. The owner sadly passed away and the whole money from the house sale will go to charity as she had no dependents.

Shiney Oscar looks handsome for his age. :gnthb:

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    I've done my weeding for the day. Filled a quarter of a wheelie bin. Also wound up runner beans (and had a chat to them :hehe:), picked rhubarb, deadheaded some roses and peonies and trimmed some lawn edges. I'd pat myself on the back but I can't reach it :old: :rotfl:.

I shall be doing paperwork in the cool indoors now. I've a claim form to fill in as I am claiming, from the County Council roads dept, for the replacement of one of my car tyres. We'll see how that goes. Probably take months to sort it out. :snz:

4. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,097
    :) "Summer time and the living is easy":D

Hi Jaz,Woo and Shiney and everybody and Penny......when you get up lol.
    Yes is wonderful to have a proper summer ,day after day night after night of warm lovely weather.The rain has missed us as well and no rain forecast for the coming week,still I am going to enjoy EVERY MINUTE of it and I hope you all do to.

HAPPY SUNDAY...:D

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Hi roders,

Is it Sunday already? :hehe:

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its already hot this morning, its just after 6am, and already 24* here!!

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

penny, that sounds pretty warm for early morning.

We had a good day yesterday. A group of us went to friends house in Suffolk for a picnic afternoon and then on to the last night of Haverhill Festival. It was a very good performance given, jointly, by the Haverhill Silver Band and the Haverhill Operatic Society and was the Last Night Of The Proms. Very rousing. :gnthb:

Today is going to be a little bit of gardening, some shopping and a lot of paperwork.

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its HOT here, in the mid 90's, and add the humidity!!~

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends on this Bonus of a day,I trust that you are all OK and well :) it's a little cooler here at the moment,and the dawn sky is an incredible array of colours,every one have a great day and please stay safe:)

[​IMG]

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,

Shiney glad that you and your friends had a good time at the Festival the other day.:thmb: Did you see Mary Queen of Shops last night?It was all about a hair dresser called John Peers and the fact that his buisness was going down the pan and she stepped in to help him out.I just hope that the buisness does succeed for his families sake as well as his own:p

Woo lovely sunrise photo:gnthb: I haven't taken any sunrise photos for agaes now,just can't get motivated to stand out in the cold these mornings and would much rather be inside where it is a bit warmer,must be a touch of getting :old:

Still harvesting Raspberries over at the allotment but yesterday made the mistake of going over there in shorts and T shirt and got my legs scratched to bits and they are now quiet sore:( I'm still digging my first early spuds and it looks like we have blight on the Charlotte ones and some of the other alter ones.So much for buying fresh seed potatoes each year which are supposed to come from blight resisitant stock plus they have gone in rotated ground:mad:

Anyway,yesterday got lots done including defrosting the freezer in the kitchen and cleaning out the fridge on top of it so that is another job out of the way.:pMy hands feel like blocks of ice this morning as well as feeling a bit stiff so will have to log off soon.:p

Hope you all have a great day and still enjoying this beautiful weather:)

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

woo, another lovely picture :gnthb:

Kandy, I didn't see that programme. I would have done if I had known what it was about :). Sorry to hear you've got blight :(. We're being invaded by blackfly at the moment and they have started to move from the artichokes to the runner beans. I think I am managing to keep them at bay, but it is a struggle.

I cleaned up, stained and oiled our two benches. The old, oak, park bench that we were given took a lot of work. I'd pressure hosed it the other week to remove the quarter of an inch layer of green algae that completely covered it. The wood was so rough in places that it needed a lot of rubbing down. It slurped up a lot of the oil I used on it and is looking much better now :thumb:. My back is very stiff and sore from all the bending but it is a lot better this morning than it was last night.

The forecast for the week is hot and dry so it will be sprinkler time for the veggies :).

If anyone is within driving reach of the village of Lode (between Cambridge and Newmarket) they have their garden open day this coming Sunday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.. It is always worth a visit. Although they only have four gardens open the cottage garden of Richard Ayres (ex head gardener of Anglesey Abbey and Kirtling Tower) is worth the visit just on its own. You can combine the open gardens with a visit to Anglesey Abbey (National Trust) which is only a few hundred yards away. :gnthb:

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its another HOT day here, supposed to be in the upper 90's, again!

13. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning everyone,I,ve always want to say that just after midnight:hehe::)

14. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I do hope that you are all OK and well,its another beautiful Summers day ,everyone have a good day and please stay safe:)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo and woo :hehe:, and everyone,

We had ten minutes of drizzle just before six this morning but the forecast is set for another hot day.

We've decided that a big patch (6ft x 4ft) of thalictrum has got to go and then we shall decide what we can put in its place. I'll give an update when we've planted it up. :thumb:

Friends are coming for lunch today so lots to do.