Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Woo,Shiney and everyone,

Don't know what's going on but I logged in and when I went to write something there wasn't a box just those silly advertising boxes so had to have a fiddle and then the box popped up:scratch::D

Woo,you are doing very well with two good mornings this morning:D

Shiney you can catch up on i player to see the programme about the hairdresser so you won't miss it:pGood luck with the plant Shiney we have a couple of those and I hope they don't get that big:oops:

Dull here this morning and Mr Kandy says it is going to rain later,just when I need to get back to the lottie to dig some more spuds up and pick more peas and raspberries:(still the ground does need it:D

Had to ring the site manager last night because some plonker{tiler}had left the site barriers open and there were ladders etc lying around so he had to drive over from where he lives to close them up.He wasn't very pleased as he was missing his football so to cheer him up we gave him a bag full of new tatties and an ice cream tub full of raspberries so that at least made him smile and he went away happy:D

Hope you all have a great day and please watch those calories and carbs:hehe:

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its another HOT day here, have to water lots, and no rain in the forecast.

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Good evening Woo
    Good evening Woo :D

Hello everyone. Have had another full day,hairdressers first thing, my parents, my sons then home to try to sort out the stuff from the house clearance. I need a rest :ywn:

Hope you get sorted Shiney, let us know. Kandy I am watching the carbs and have been quite good, been eating loads of blackberries, cherries and strawberries!

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy,Shiney,Jazmine and Penny and all my other friends everyone have a great day and please stay safe:)

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Dull and drizzly out there :yho: but they forecast it will be hot this afternoon and very hot by the weekend.

We had our boiler serviced on Tuesday and ran out of hot water last night! :skp: So I got them back in this morning to sort out the problem. The engineer had accidentally knocked a part when putting the cover of the boiler back on which caused it to overheat and shut off. It took him all of five minutes to correct :thumb:. So now the water should be hot enough for my shower :). I'm too much of a wimp to have a cold shower. :hehe: :hehe:

Kandy, It sounds as though you are getting on well with the builders next door.

Whilst i was waiting for the water to heat up I watched John Peers on iplayer. It was very interesting for me. His attitude at the beginning made me cringe but I'm pleased he has got it turned around. :thmb:

My back is a lot better now so I shall get some gardening done when it stops drizzling.

Have a great day :D

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone:),

Its another HOT day here:flag:, mid 90's, but tomorrow we are supposed to get some rain, all day:thumb:!!

So in about an hour, i am going out to cut the lawn, before it gets too hot. :thmb:

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Well I am really enjoying this beautiful weather we are experiencing at the moment and hope it continues for at least another couple of weeks:D

Shiney,it isn't the workers we are angry with over those two houses but the main man who owns the building company for squashing two house onto a plot only big enough for one house:(.If I had a pound for every time people in our village who have mentioned that fact I would be a very wealthy person indeed.:D

Sorry to hear about your boiler problems and glad that they are now sorted.I can't get Mr Kandy to have anything serviced in this house,especially if it means spending some dosh.:(He would rather wait for stuff to break down first then get someone in.That is where his fathers mean gene kicks in:p

Anyway,Steve who is the site manager is on the left of this photo when the chimney was being put in place and Alec is the nice man who brings the skip and who we are going to give something to as a thanks for his help in bringing and taking the skips:thmb: The large roof on the right of the two heads is the roof of my house...
    [​IMG]

Jazmine,get yourself a bike and do some cycling and also a trampette as both of those will help in your weight loss:)

Woo,hope you are ok and not feeling too hot in this sunshine we are having at the moment:)

Just been reading about Gogs's dog passing at the age of nineteen.The young couple over the road to us had to have their poodle{15}put to sleep last Thursday and as she was telling me on Friday all about it we were both standing out in the street with hankies to our eyes.One reason why I don't want another dog as it is too painful when they eventually go:(

Anyway,lots to do over at the allotment again today after I have watered everyhting up here first and then have lots of things to sort through at home so will be very busy again,so hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It turned pretty warm yesterday but is going to be 28C today and very humid. I'm going to get out there in a few minutes and do some mowing before it gets too hot.

Kandy, that's an interesting photo. I didn't know that they put chimneys on the roof all in one piece. I suppose it beats building it up there.

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Wahey :yho: It is very hot here, every room in the house is hot.

Evening Woo, Penny, Shiney and Kandy. Kandy that house looks very close to you?
    I think if I bounced on a trampoline I would either break it or be catapaulted over the fence!
    My health assessment came back with three queries one of which said "Your non fasted blood sugar was found to be raised at 6.7 mmol and this needs further tests to exclude diabetes. I haven't been thirsty but have put on weight and had double vision.

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy,Jazmine ,Penny, Shiney and all my other friends,have a lovely weekend and please stay safe:)

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,

Looks like it is going to be a hot one today again,but I aint{are not} complaining:D

Shiney,we never knew that the chimneys are built off site until we saw the ones standing by the side of the big houses in the village.They even paint the windows off site now so just have to put them straight in when they arrive on site so everything is speeded up these days.Here is a photo of a flying chimney,all good stuff:D
    [​IMG]
    Jazmine,I didn't say trampoline,I said trampette so you won't be bouncing over anyones fence:pYou lose weight with Diabetes,one reason I suspected I had it was I was aware of the signs to look for and lost 4lb in weight over last christmas{no one loses weight at christmas}Your health care team will do more tests to rule out whether you have the disease or not and good luck with it:thmb:

Anyway,we went over to the lottie last night and picked loads more stuff so last night I was podding peas while Mr Kandy started topping and tailing the first of the Gooseberries.This is the time of the year I love and makes all the hard work seem worthwhile:D

Have a good day everyone and please don't get too hot out there:)

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo, Kandy and everyone,

It's cloudy, 21C and humid at the moment with the forecast of 30+ . Too hot for my liking :(.

I'm taking it easy indoors today, not only because of keeping cool but because I have trouble with my shoulder at the moment. Mrs shiney has banned me from gardening today :). Lots of paperwork to do and I shall do plenty of reading :gnthb:

Kandy,
    Wow!! Flying chimneys :hehe:.
    I always lose weight over Christmas :thumb:

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It is garden visiting for us today :thumb:. We'll take our umbrellas with us to keep the sun off but if it gets too hot we shan't linger going round the gardens. :)

Our runner beans have got past the flower drop stage and finally started producing tiny beans :gnthb:. By this time last year we had been eating beans for three weeks.

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney and everyone,

Shiney sorry to hear about your shoulder problems and hope that with taking things easy and Mrs Shiney's therapy it will get better:luv: At the moment my shoulder is ok touch wood so just hoping it stays the same as I have too much to do to be laid up again with it:D

Went and got our grocery shopping done yesterday afternoon afetr mr Kandy had watched the practise for todays Grand Prix and then as we were packing it away had a visit from my sister and her hubby who are up here visiting her daughter so she and her hubby popped round and we all had an enjoyable few hours sitting chatting in the garden before they had to go as they had other arrangements for the evening:)They both loved our garden and said it is looking like a real cottage garden now we have all cottage type flowers in it:D but they were not impressed with the two buildings next door:p

It has gone quiet dark here now almost like it is when the sun is almost gone of an evening so it looks like with the dark clouds out there that we are going to get some rain pretty soon.A good breeze is blowing as well although I don't mind that as it freshens the house as I have the windows open.A good splash of rain will save me having to water tonight,although it will stop us getting to the lottie this morning:p

Have a good day everyone:)

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,I was typing as you were posting:D

Hope you are feeling better and that you enjoy the garden visiting today.:thmb:The only thing we would need the umbrellas for today would be to keep the rain drops off,but we would use waterproof tops instead of the umbrella:D

We had flowers on our runner beans last week and some were already up the tops of the canes but no doubt they will have dropped off but will have to see when we get over there.Mr Kandy reckons the spuds are not blighted but whilting because of lack of water but I am not so sure,so will see when we harvest them:p

Give our Love to Mrs Shiney and Oscar and hope they are both well:luv: