Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Gogs,how are you this morning?It looks like it might be a nice day.Hope so as I have loads more washing that needs to go out.
    Just picked the caravan up from having it's service,everything's fine ready for going away.

We have found a baby wood pigeon sitting in the middle of the road nearly getting it's self run over.I have Brought it home,now need to find the thread where Shiney said to give wild birds rescue remedy,but I cannot remember whether I have to dilute it first,before administering it.
    The bird is starving,so have put it in a box with some bird seed...We have called it Woody...

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hello all.

Cant stay to long but i hope you are all having a great day!!

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Penny hope you are ok over where you are.It is sunny here at the moment though we had a lot of rain earlier.

Rosa is having problems with getting connected to BT for her broad band.We are all helping her as much as we can.
    I am just popping out for a walk.Sorry to be rude,but I have been inside for most of the day and just need some fresh air before it rains again.

Have a great day [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Don't know if you're still around Penny just to say hi how you doing?Kandy & all will try to catch up with you all later

5. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I am doing some work today, and will be popping in and out all day.
    Things are good here and raining...but what else is new!!

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,422
    Hi, Penny. Yes, unusual to see you on a weekend! Things must be busy! [​IMG]

We had a three-minute excuse for a shower this morning ... you could just about join up the dots, but now it's sunny with puffy white clouds! Would really like and need the rain, however! :(

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning all, hope the headache has gone Windy ,see you been busy again.Gonna sneak back to bed for an hour the rest of these lot are still in bed.

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning and Goodbye Gogs.Well that was quick.I wish I could go back to bed,but there is no point as once I am awake,that's it no more half sleep for me.I think I heard thunder when I was stirring at 5.45 or else it was O/H snoring in my ear.
    I think they have forecast rain here foor today,but we shall see.
    Have a good day when you de eventully surface.

9. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Kandy and Gogs (briefly!)
    I'm the same as you Kandy, once I'm awake I just can't go back to sleep. Lashing it down with rain again here so another day where not much will get done in the garden!

10. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, forgot to ask, how's the pigeon doing?

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Windy how is your headache today?Did it go off eventually?I have been getting a few just lately,so know how you feel...

Woody passed away last night.I think He/She was in a bad way.I tried some of the Rescue Remedy on it,but wasn't sure whether it needed diluting first.It's crop was empty so hadn't been fed for quite some time.It was dry even though we had had a lot of rain overnight,so I am not sure if it had fallen or been kicked from the nest.It appeared to have respitery problems and had no balance,so I don't think it would have lasted long especially sitting in the middle of the road.I took a photo of it with me digi,just before it snuffed it.At least now it isn't suffering anymore.Thanks for asking...

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The headache finally lifted but took a while.
    So sorry to hear about Woody :( at least he had you taking care of him at the end. [​IMG]

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Sunshine.Have you heard anything from Rosa,with her computer problems?and did you get your MP3 music player problems sorted out?

14. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Back again,i don't normally go back to bed cos you just feel crap when you get up the next time
    We have rescued birds occasionly & not had a lot of success,other than "sparky" a tawny owl my brother found many years ago,he stayed on the farm til he was old enough to fend for himself & found a mate.For a long time he kept coming back to the wood.Funnily enough i remember my brother putting a washing up bowl of water on the kitchen floor & sparky got down & what a carry on he made,ahhh memories.Anyway hope you all have a good day.bye for now. xx Hi kandy & sunshine

[ 01. October 2006, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Gogs ]

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks Windy.I am always rescuing birds and animals with problems.My longest one was with two baby hedgehogs a few years back that I found heading for a dual carriage way one November as I drove home on my mopedfrom work.They were too small to hibernate,so I kept them at home and fed them up until April when they could be released.I named them Holly and Ivy,but could never tell which was which.
    I often think that I should have had a rescue centre for them all like St Tiggywinkles...

Glad your headache eventually went off.They are pigs though when you get them