Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Gogs,
    House still looks like a bombs gone off! My new kitchen floor should be finished today YAY!!!! And then I should be able to take the freezer and dishwasher out of my lounge :rolleyes: [​IMG]
    really don't fancy work today - got far too much to do here :eek:

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi there MF , Rosa & Dag hope you're fit & well this monday morn!!!

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all... A wet dreary one this morning... Typical Monday...!! [​IMG]
    :confused: Hope all goes to plan with the floor Windy & you get your kitchen back....!! Nothing worse than having it spread around the living room..!!!! Poor you..!! Just think how lovely it will be when it is finished...!!!! [​IMG] :D Have a good day all of you.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everybody, yes, fit and well, which is just as well, got to bang some heads together today!

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning mf, gogs, dag and anyone else i miss.
    just having a cuppa,the sun is coming out brightly over the roof tops very bright so we may have a nice day, looks dry.
    might go shopping today take a drive up to a garden centre see iff i can spot anything christmassy for my xmas hanging baskets.

6. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    MF, it would be nice to have a kitchen and a living room, and a hall, and a proper bathroom! Oh and some heating would be lovely, it's bl**dy cold here! :D

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning windy, your probably away to work now do hope your floor is finished when you get back then you can get back to normality, it is going to be longer for dag to be at that stage.

Dag do you think it will all be finished for xmas do hope so as you can get your lights put up around the eaves, icicle ones looks lovely :D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning wildflower love your conner in your section and like everyone elses, especially my rose from roders

9. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Funny you should say that rosa, all I can think about is Christmas lights!!! ba-humbug! :D

Basics should be all done by December, so don't think it will be decorated, but if your offering you could bring down some of your balcony lights and brighten it up bit? :D :D

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    yes i could see the lights around your new eaves not mine you need icicle ones just plain not coloured, get to the shops and buy some at least iff it is not decorated the new lights will brighten the new outside up :D :D ba-humbug you have plenty of time on your hands [​IMG] :D

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :( Oh dear Dag...... I can sympathise with you a bit though...... We ripped this cottage to peices when we bought it back in the 70s... We lived in it ( or should I say camped out in it!!)while we did the work.... All through the 1st winter...!!!! Forgot what it was like to scrape Jack Frost off the inside of the windows...!!!! Break the ice on the water in the buckets...!! :eek: Then there was the morning we came down to find our newly installed, indoor stop cock had blown apart under pressure during the night.... About 6" water every where & it had started to freeze in the shallow edges...!!!! Oh, that was a grim day..!!! One of a few as I remember... It was so cold one week, even the dog was shivering...!!!! He was fine when we tied an old blanket on him...!!!!! Oh those were the days!!!!! Never to be repeated I hope...!!! We do laugh about them now though..... [​IMG] :D Good luck with it all Dag... Take no nonsense from them now. Sounds like they have messed you around enough now with the windows...!!!!! Beleive me, You & mrs Dag will look back on it & smile in times to come..!! Oh the joys of life as they say..!!! Seriously though, wish you all the luck in the world that the rest of the work proceeds smoothly.... Look forward to pics... Are you doing before, during & after pics..??? Take care both of you..!! [​IMG] :D

12. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks MF, you have made me realise that my situation is perhaps not quite so bad!!!! ;)

At least I can escape to my late father's place, but that to is a bit basic as it was flooded out and gutted, but at least it still has heating!

I am fortunate of course to be in a position to do all this, but you know, no pain, no gain! :D :D

13. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all, weather not very good at the moment. I'm waiting for the diggerman to come and start clearing the ground for the extension. He said he would be here today. Took the wall out in our daughters bedroom yesterday and moved the door, I've been promised that it will be finished before she comes back from Florida at the weekend. Knowing beloved's DIY I have my doubts.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning celia your having work done also do hope you get finished for xmas

15. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D I absolutely agree Dag, "no pain, no gain"... :D :D 30 odd years down the line it is hilarious now, but don't get me wrong... I wasn't trying to gloss over your problems... They are very real & I sympathize fully with you.. I think I could manage with no plaster & stuff if there was heating there..!!! One good thing that came out of it for me was, the genuine excuse to have a lovely roaring fire...!! (after I had the chimney swept..!!) You & Mrs Dag have my full admiration... [​IMG] [​IMG]