Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,387
    Ye gads, girls, you'll give us headaches now!

Hi, Gogs! Been sorting out kitchen cupboards trying to find room for stuff we brought back from the apartment ... what a nightmare. A lot of the stuff from the IoW is our good glassware so have had to make room. New theory ... USE the good stuff and chuck the cheap! So have two boxes already for the charity shop, the one owned by the Sanctuary where we got C&C from, of course!

It's been windy / rainy today so a good day for such activities. K-G and b-in-l are off to a beach apartment (only 20 minutes away) for a week so we can sort things out ... have a Transit van full .... :eek: :eek: and :eek: again! Meeting up for lunch tomorrow as it's b-in-l's birthday, plus a friend of ours who is over here at the mo, not staying with us, I might add ... no room in the house, or Baffa, or shed or van or ...

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    You're busy, busy lofL i keep having a sort out now & again, but soon mounts up again(it does here anyway).Nearly feedy time here for the animals & humans, then a mad half hour later (me & the animals)great fun,bye for now

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning all,still half asleep think the old body clock is getting ready for the "extra hour",thats my excuse anyway
    TWO MONTHS TODAY TIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

[ 25. October 2006, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Gogs ]

4. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Gogs dont know what i am doing up at this time in the morning it is still the middle of the night for me, it is so dark outside feels like it to, well think i might go back to bed for a hour or 3 have a nice day.

Morning to everyone aswell

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning Gogs!
    I've been up since 3.30 - just can't seem to sleep properly at the mo! :( God knows what time I'll be up when the clocks change!!
    2 months today, eh? :( It really creeps up on you!
    It's my boys birthday today! He's 7. His Dads taking them all out for the day as i've got to work :( But I've got him a cake and all for this evening and must admit to feeling a little bit gooey with memories today! 7 years ago at 3.05 in the afternoon.......

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to you all this dark morning.It has taken three attempts to get on here.Fickle computer.Windy,hope you and your children have a good day for your son's 7th Birthday.Good Luck [​IMG] [​IMG]

Eight weeks to Xmas,just watch those eight weeks fly.All the shops are in full swing already with all the xmas stuff.It will be bedlum as the day draws nearer :eek:

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hey its one of them mornings when you could just crawl bk to bed.Love to the birthday boy Windy.
    Hi Kandy how are you girl? you got me trying to think of my worst record buy,will put it on your topic when i have sussed it out.
    Rosa Helloooooo ?

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,729
    Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't had time to get on here. I'm still trying to catch up on the garden and all the projects I'm working on. Retirement is very hard work [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] . The grass seems to be growing faster than I can cut it as it takes much longer to cut now that it is damp all the time. I'm going to try and find enough time today to trim the edges of the lawns - about three hours if I manage to bend down and pick up all the trimmings.

Don't keep frightening me with talk of Christmas. There are too many things to before that comes by again.

I've just been watching a woodpecker sitting on top of my bird feeder whilst it watched two baby foxes playing - can't see any adult fox around.

------------------
    shiney

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney.Long time no here from.Hope you are well and enjoying your retirement.
    Lucky for you to have foxes,though we didi have a Great Spotted Woodpecker once on our feeder which was nice.
    Do you have any Badgers out your way?I have never seen a live one only the ones squashed in the road.

Why does it take you three hours to trim the edges?Is it because you are no longer supple :D :D

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning sunshine, gogs, windy, kandy and shiney,
    dark and dismal looking out there.
    8 weeks to christmas yipeeeee so its 4 weeks and i can get all the christmas things out ready to put up. looking forward to friday must remember to charge the battery on the digi.
    hope everyone has a good day in all that you are doing

11. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi there Shiney how are you?
    Morning Rosa hope youre ok

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning gogs how are you this morning whats your plans for today, were is my pic of charlie to sketch, running out of things. colouring my hair this morning with a live red passion its a great colour.

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,729
    Morning Kandy
    I've never seen a badger in our garden but there are plenty around. One of our friends has three regular badger visitors to her garden but she has been feeding them for years.

It takes so long because there is so much to do - about 1,000 foot of edges. Lots of different flower beds, shrub beds and veggie plot. The cutting isn't so hard but the bending to pick up the trimmings is hard work on my poor old back!

Usually by this time of the year the grass has started to slow down but it seems to be growing faster than it did in the summer.

The foxes have gone. Two greater spotted woodpeckers are now on the feeder and a green woodpecker is digging up an ant nest on the lawn. There haven't been many other birds around the feeder since we got back from holiday but I suppose there are plenty of autumn seeds out there in the wild.

We went up to London on Saturday to meet some friends and we all went to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. It was a good performance. We went to the half price ticket kiosk in Leicester Square and got the tickets for �£17.50 - not bad for the West End. If you are in the West End and want to see a show it is a good idea to try the kiosk first. You can't get tickets for every show but there was a choice of at least 20.

---------------
    shiney

14. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Guilty as charged Rosa, i will i promise.Yeah i like the red colours too,boy you're gonna be all posh for this weekend.Picking my daughter up later to come here for the day.

15. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi & Bye MF ,sorry thats rude, will be bk later