Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Do you think you can send some sun to me, as being a LEO I nee the sun to keep me going, or else I shall start going into hibernation,like I usually need to do in the winter.I think I need to get outside a bit more because I am always feeling so tired..

Rosa.Perhaps you need to ask Wildflower if there is anything that can be recommended for Migraines.
    I have heard that feverfew is supposed to be very good.I am not sure what other natural things you can take

Kandy

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Shiney, just feel really shattered they make me quite ill.
    The rain should keep them busy for a while, i can hear them slurping away from here :D You must have a mac and wellies, talking about wellies, i bought a lovely pink pair for walking rosa and got a few comments from guys walking their dogs, this guy shouted over to me by i like your pink wellies very fetching :D what colour are your let me guess------- GREEN for the country [​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Will ask wildflower i will post something, pretty sure she had told me once before and i have forgot to write it down and cant remember where the discussion was. [​IMG] definately away to make a coffee be back soon [​IMG]

4. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Coffee is really bad for migraine, Rosa. Cut down on the caffeine. Feverfew is what you need

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good morning Hornbeam.
    But i love my coffee first thing when i get up, i will have to cut down as i must admit have been having rather a few cups of it in the course of the days.
    [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.Just drink plenty of water.If you don't like the taste do what I do and get either a filter and keep the water in the fridge or buy the bottled stuff.
    Too much caffeine like Hornbeam says is bad for you, so are too many fizzy drinks because of the sweetners put into them.
    Perhaps you need to ask a computer expert on here about sitting staring at the screen for too long,that might be why you have Migraines

Kandy

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Kandyfloss, Have a water filter but must admit dont like the taste, I think it is definately the computer screen i need to get a proper screen filter that you can buy for the glare, wasnt too sure you could get them as i had one in the states.
    Marley farley said you can get them will have a look in pc world.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Shiney you didnt put your ad in on the wanted list, SUGAR DADDY section :D :D

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.What am I missing?Is there a sugar daddy going spare?

Kandy

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,491
    Morning, folks! Had a nice lie in today. Want to get off to the garden centre soon ... haven't bought any plants in a week! :eek:

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,820
    rosa
    I can't put an ad for a sugar daddy under 'wanted'. That has to be put there by a female - then I might apply for the job ;) ;) ;) - but don't tell Mrs shiney.

I rarely wear wellies in the garden but wear rubber shoes that I bought from the garden centre - and the only colour was green :D .

The others are correct - coffee is very bad for you, particularly if you suffer from migraines AND the sweeteners in soft drinks can be as bad or even worse. I know it is difficult but you should try and give up coffee and fizzy drinks (that will leave a sugar daddy as your only vice ;) ) and drink loads of water. It is recommended that you drink at least 2 litres of water a day - not flavoured water.

The best way to start your day (it may not seem it) is to have 4 cups of warm water as soon as you get up. Try not to eat anything for an hour and then just carry on as usual. One of the problems with coffee, apart from it being a stimulant that can cause you not to sleep properly, is that it causes your body to dehydrate (I know it sounds funny that drinking something can make you dehydrate but coffee is a diuretic and makes your body pee it out before it can absorb the liquid it needs). This can cause headaches and constipation.

Give it a go and see how you get on.

Wish you better.
    ---------------------
    shiney

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,820
    Hi rosa

I've managed to have a quick word with Mrs shiney in between her patients. She said that all I told you is correct BUT you mustn't cut the coffee out completely, yet. If you drink a lot of coffee and try to cut it out completely you will be going 'cold turkey' and will have withdrawal symptoms. These can be quite bad if you drink a lot of coffee. Cut down by 50% to start with then gradually reduce it. Mrs shiney said that if you send us your address by PM she will send you a homoeopathic remedy to counteract the effects of cutting down the coffee.

BTW Mrs shiney loves coffee but only has a cup occasionally nowadays.
    I'm a goody goody and don't drink it at all anymore. [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    shiney

13. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Can't be helped Rosa - caffeine intake has to be lowered or not even feverfew will be able to help. When I was working in Mega-stress City, I drank coffee so much that I got the shakes as well as the migraines. Stopped coffee altogether and turned to tea (without sugar)which is good for blood pressure and the old ticker. Also cut down on cheese and chocolate.. Why do the tastiest things make us ill or fat or both?

14. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa,
    I suffered terrible migraines from being little, did all the exclusion diets, so many different drugs my teeth rotted, brain scans everything. As a last resort and worth a try, my GP gave me acupuncture (don't think they're allowed to any more?). 6 weekly sessions of a tiny pin in between my big toe and the next and hey presto!-no more migraines and normal life. I was acomplete cynic when he suggested it and even laughed in his face, but it was THE best thing ever to happen to me.
    I'd try the exclusion diet/homeopathic option first. I did caffeine, cheese, chocolate(this was at Easter and I was 6. Never forget it...)These are the only ones I can remember as I was only young.
    My sympathies Rosa, it's a truly horrible thing to suffer from on a regular basis. Really makes me angry when people dismiss it as 'only a headache'.

15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] rosa, I absolutely agree with everything Shiney & Mrs shiney has said & also windy' saying about accupunture... It is marvellous stuff.!!!! I see a chinese lady every month for various things.... I swear by it, have done now for 10yrs or more... Hardley go to the docs these days..... :cool: :D They do also say the three Cs can also cause migrains... Chocolate....Cheese.....& Citrus.... :(