Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry Macleaf.I must apologise,please don't cry.I meant that me and Gogs kept each other company in the mornings when all you sleepy heads were still tucked up in bed,please don't fall out with me... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Ok Rosa.We went to the allotment today and picked the rest of the apples and pears.We also found another very large Pumpkin.Mr Kandy has weighed it as best he can and reckons it weighs about 48lb.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and that the food was nice where you stayed.Pity the weather easn't up too much.We have had it nice here the whole weekend [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    no problem my beautiful lady [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks macleaf I didn't know you cared [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Still trying to get used to this EXTRA hour that we have all gained.
    It's just getting light here,but at least it is dry,though I cannot remember what the forecast is for today,or for the week for that matter.

We are going to be spending part of today sorting through the fruit and vegetables we harvested yesterday.I cannot believe the size of some of the apples.

Hope you all have a good day [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,715
    Morning everyone,

Kandy, your pumpkin sounds big enough to turn into a carriage :D . What are you going to do with it? We don't have any pears left but the apples seem to be hanging on quite well.

Actually, some of them aren't hanging on so well as we have been picking up loads of windfalls. Fortunately, the grass under the trees is about 12 inches long so they have a soft landing but I'm not looking forward to cutting the grass. It was hard enough cutting the back lawn yesterday. Although it wasn't too long it was still damp and the mower doesn't throw it into the box properly. This means that the underneath gets clogged and I have to keep cleaning it out. It took me almost 2 hours to do what normally takes about 45 minutes.

I went into the greenhouse to water the plants this morning and the cat that owns part of our propagator didn't look too happy about it. He was curled up all nice and cosy in his heated corner so I had to be careful with the watering. When I finished I said "sorry" to him but he just turned his back on me.

Have a great day everyone.

------------------
    shiney

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,

We could do with some Pumpkin recipes for the small ones,but I am not sure what we can do with the monster ones.The lady at the competiton last weekend had the proper "carriage" shaped ones she won with {113lb}Her seed came from America five years ago and she uses the seed from the winning one each year.Most of the big ones had to brought to the competition in a blanket with someone at each corner to carry it.

My husband found another one hidden amongst the weeds and foliage yesterday and reckons that one weighs about 48lb.Not bad for a first attempt!!

I cut my grass yesterday for the last time hopefully,but found it kept getting clogged up round the blade as the grass was damp.It took me ages as well and our garden is only 40'X 30'

I shall be glad when it is slabbed.A nice green colour slab I think.

I will get some photos on here of my pumpkins when I get a chance
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning kandy and shiney,
    seems like you are very busy with your garden shiney, are you planning any trips away soon iff so anywere nice.
    kandy looks as iff you are going to be busy sorting your fruits out, going over to the shop later to get my pumkins for tonight.
    have a nice day [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning marley just noticed you had logged in, hows things this morning doing anything exciting today and have the grandchildren got their pumkins for tonight.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,Is it tonight they are doing trick or treat?I keep thinking it is tomorrow night,but still I always get everything wrong.
    Are you recovered from your weekend away?

If you ring Dag this week can you say hello to him for me thanks.Some of the apples and pears will be cooked for the freezer and the rest stored until needed.We have two fridge freezers and one upright freezer and they are all full of meat fruit and veg,with a few loaves of bread sqeezed in.
    See you on here tonight possibly.I am going out later to help my friendxxx

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,715
    Hi Kandy and rosa

Yes rosa, we'll be going away for a while. I want to see some of the ancient sites in central and south America. We shall also probably go to New Orleans for a few days to see how they are getting on. We haven't been there for years and they desperately need the tourist industry to start up again to help the local economy. We were there some years ago for the jazz festival.

I'm going to be away for three days this weekend for a big bridge tournament in Daventry. It would be very boring for anyone who isn't a keen bridge player but there are likely to be about 500 of us.

Kandy, I looked at your Exmoor posting. The photos were lovely. I only looked at the first page but when I have time I shall look at the next one.

Lots of things to do now so must go. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----------------
    shiney

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    shiney your trips sound great when i lived in america houston we moved to la place just outside new orleans what a great place had the pleasure of going for a couple of nights for the jazz festival we had a great time, thoroughly enjoyed it, just love jazz wish they would do something here like that, do hope they have recovered do let me know.

kandy trick or treat is tonight going to light my pumkins, picking rosa up at my daughters this afternoon, cant wait missed her wonder what she will do when she sees the pumkins alight, interesting let you know [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    morning everyone i have just surfaced,see you are all busy today.back in 5 mins just letting dogs out the back and making a coffee.

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Bye Shiney,you won't be far from me in Daventry.It isn't that far from me.Good luck with the tournament and I hope it goes ok for you.

Rosa,I didn't like to ask Shiney if he had any more plans to go away,as I thought he would think I was being nosey.

I too must go as we have loads to do and not enough time to do it in.Glad you liked the photo's Shiney [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Gogs.You are going to miss me as I must go and get things done or else I shan't get everything done today.
    Speak tonightxxxx