Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,491
    I had acupuncture in 1995 for back problems and it cured it! Although I get some backache now, that's due to heavy gardening ... lugging stones around, etc, and probably age! :D But I certainly recommend acupuncture! [​IMG]

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,820
    rosa

There is a newer drug that doctors now give called Maxalt. This has a fairly good success rate but the down side is that the body gets used to it - and you don't know what else the drugs are doing to you.

Acupuncture is being used more and more and some GPs now use it as well as Complemetary Practitioners. It is good for many things. Unfortunately, as Hornbeam says, there is no choice in the long run except cutting down on the caffeine intake.

I'm pleased to see you back on here as you must be feeling somewhat better.

Keep saying "No to Coffee" :( :( :(
    -------------------
    shiney

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just noticed your reply shiney, Im not a hundred percent should be back to normal tommorow , well i dont know about that NORMAL never been normal in my life, should of had the triffids up here to keep me company. like the new gremlins [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just read everyone elses replies thanks guys for
    your advice much appreciated [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good Morning All, when you get out of your beds, I am first up this morning makes a change.
    The weather is horrid, windy, looks like rain is on its way as it rained last night.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,820
    Morning rosa
    Are you feel ing completely better? The weather is horrid here too. It rained all day yesterday and is still raining. A friend of ours is having a garden party today - good luck to them.

I'm really pleased it is raining but it could be a bit warmer.
    -------------------
    shiney

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and Shiney.I was up at 5.40am this morning but had to see to the dog and cats before switching on the PC.
    It is wet outside this morning,with some breeze though at the moment not quite as windy as yesterday. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kandy

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry Rosa.Still half asleep.Forgot to ask how is the Migraine this morning.

Kandy

9. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning Shiney,Rosa and Kandy,
    How are you today? It's my birthday today. I got a digi camera-yay!! Haven't opened the pressy off the kids yet as they're still in bed. Looks remarkably like a box of choccys though - yum!
    Taking them to Trebah gardens later to try out the new camera, and release some of their energy.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, and mrs shiney will have to keep on her good side iff shiney is going to be our on-line sugar daddy [​IMG]
    hows the triffids this morning or with the bad weather are they getting neglected. [​IMG]
    I take it you will not be going to the garden party hope they have a marque or it will be awful out there just imajine all their food and glasses blowing off the table.
    Morning kandyfloss,Just got up at six rosa is still asleep at the moment as i creep out of the bedroom so i dont wake her up.
    I seem ok no migraine not often do i wake up with one have twice it is awful.
    Not doing much today in this horrid weather it is blowing a hooligan out there [​IMG]

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning windy millar, You named your self perfect with this morning windy weather.
    Happy Birthday have a lovely day, you will be itching to get out and start taking some pictures. [​IMG]

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    "Many Happy Returns " Windy,Hope you have a great day,though at the moment,it's not the weather for it.

Hope you have a good time taking lots of picky's.I cannot put mine down since I had one at Xmas and I take photo's of everything..

Have a really good day

Kandy

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.Glad you are feeling better.Yes the wind has picked up now and the rain is falling by the bucket full.At least the gardens will get a much needed watering.Just going to get some breakfast.

Kandy

14. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you ladies [​IMG]
    Murky here, but looks like it rained over night so I have a reprieve from watering this morning :D The camera is proving trickier than I thought, sure I'll get the hang of it eventually. Might be able to post Winter pics [​IMG]

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,820
    Morning everyone, nice to see you're all up on this lovely [​IMG] day.

Happy birthday windy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] - have a good one.
    What sort of digi is it? Does it have rechargeable batteries? Trebah's a great place to try out the camera and the natives won't be scared of having their photos taken. Many years ago I was in parts of Africa where we had to be careful when taking photos as they were scared that you may capture their souls in your little box. I used to know a tribe of pygmies (they weren't all that small) that didn't want their photos taken but the witch doctor cast a spell to make everything OK. He also became quite a good friend and carved a good luck charm for me and put his own blood on it to make the luck even stronger. It worked!!!!!!!!!!

rosa
    As it has been raining so heavily and hasn't stopped for two days I haven't been down the garden to see the triffids. I'm sure they are loving it. I'm a bit worried that they might have swamped the tomatoes. If the rain stops I shall go down there and pick beans and talk to the triffids.
    ------------------
    shiney