Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,362
    Hello everyone. Just breezing through again as we're going out to dinner in a wee while.

Kedi-Gato and hubby are off back home tomorrow so we have to leave here about 9am to take them to the airport. The near-on month has gone quickly.

Sorry to hear your news, macleaf. It must have been a shock!

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Macleaf,so sorry to hear of what has happened.Please accept my apologies for whittling on about the photo of your good self,when you have enough problems with Anns sons having that done to them before xmas.It is bound to be a miserable time for all.
    My thoughts are with you all [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hi as well LOL,hope you are all ok over in sunny Portugal while we shiver over here,but you need not worry about all of us ...shiver shiver :D :D

3. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks KF you are a gem [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Anytime Macleaf. It often helps to talk about these things,and I know there are plenty of supportive members on here who can offer any advice you all may need at this time.Just try to keep your chin up,it will all come right in the end,though it may not look that way at the moment.I expect it will get a lot tougher before it gets better [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what im afraid of KF,its not me so much as ANN who of course adores her sons,i can only give her support and not pass judgement,we have had the children plonked on us various times we try to be helpful but the poor little mites are so confused,i do feel helpless

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear of your troubles Macleaf & Ann.. There are no easy answers to these problems, I know... All you & Ann can do I think, is be the "rocks" for the poor little mites & the sons to hang on to & hopefully you will all come out the otherside not too battered & bruised... We are all here to listen if you need an ear to have a moan in.... ;)

7. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    crap happens Keith! Ditto to the above mate.

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Macleaf sorry to hear you're having problems,we may act like daft bats but we do care about you my friend.Hope to speak to you soon & have a laugh,does you the power of good,take care!!
    Hi Nick how you doing?

9. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Macleaf, so sorry to hear your bad news. I can well sympathise having had problems in that area earlier in the year when grand-daughter's husband up and left saying he had decided he didn't want to be married any longer!
    So with 3 little ones (5years, 3years and 3 months old) they were evicted from their house, as he hadn't been paying the mortgage, and put into a hostel. We have all been devastated and trying to help as you do.

Things are just starting to get together again for her now and she is setting up home in a council house.

Hope things sort out soon for your family Macleaf.

10. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all,
    Seem to be first here today for a change... Not such a hard frost last night,but still dark at the moment.. Anybody up to much today?? Pretty normal here, but shall be collecting grandkids from school later.... [​IMG] Dreaded 5th on Sunday, poor old Charley, guns,,, no problem... Fireworks..... Big problem...!!! What about yours?? How do they all do?? Off to make some more coffee... [​IMG] See you all later... [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning MF

Still no frost for us,the cars are clean,though it is freezing again...just put on some washing so will hang that out later..
    They are having the firework display in our village tomorrow night,so we will have lots of bangs for an hour or so..I think some have their displays on the 4th and some wait until the 5th.

Our Tina used to terrified each year until her hearing went,so it didn't affect her,but if we sneezed she would run a mile...
    We shall be keeping the cats in though...
    Just off to make some porridge and a cuppa [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Kandy i am surprised you havnt got any frost as you are near me i have loads of it again...
    Macleaf..sorry to hear about your problems my daughter threw her partner out early in the year and she has two small children and a mortgage ..but its all worked out well the kids went through a few weeks of upset but are fine now..The daughter is working and doing a degree and managing to keep thenm fed and clothed and run a car..And its the best thing she has ever done since she met him..We help of course and hopefully one day she may meet someone else..But she seems to like being on her own :eek:

13. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi ,Good Morning frosty night again here in the wild country.
    No probs with the dogs and fireworks here MF as we are very rural.We do have a lot of low flying planes though but again no bother.
    Had your porridge yet Kandy?Morning WF hope things are ok with you girl

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Wildflower sorry I got it wrong.I've just been out to watch the sunrise and saw that the grass verges have a very light frost on them,so yes we did get one,but not that hard.We must be sheltered as the cars are clear.It is a ground frost as appossed to an air frost...sorry

I wil have to sort my photo's out of some good haw? frosts and see what you can do with them [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Gogs yes had my porridge and cuppa and then went to watch the sunrise.I was just saying to wildflower we did get a frost,but it was only light,though it is freeeezing out there.
    Got loads of ironing to do today and some housework so everywhere is nice for the weekend.

Wildflower I hope everything does ok for your daughter and she gets lots of support form everyone who loves her.As you say sometimes you are better off on your own