Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Its dry here as well kandy no frost..I will have to top my pond up today as the water keps going low..The birds like splashing about in it.. :D And that dreadfull green kermit likes swimming ..

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Wildflower :D :D :D :D

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning Kandy ,WF,Windy & all ,very mild out there this morning.
    I'm still having a few yawns & stretches to get myself wakened up.Charlie sitting here with me doing the same!!

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I know what you mean Gogs.I still haven't got used to these dark mornings.I seem to be stiffening up as each day goes past.I didn't know that happens when you turn fifty.I dread to think what I will be like in ten years time [​IMG] :D

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning Kandy Gogs WF & all,
    Very foggy again here today, but nowhere near as cold.. So one good thing... Busy later.. Cheif wheelchair pusher today...! My neighbour's wife is disabled & totally wheelchair bound & lives in a home in the vilage, his heart is very bad. So on shopping trips I do the pushing for him..!! She wants to get her Xmas shopping done..!! So that,s my day..!! Very sad really but they cope with it all very well & keep cheerful..!! Hope I don't end up like them... My dream is to stay fit & go to bed one night & not wake up again..!!!When I am about 90 of course..!!! :D :eek: Some hope I think..!!! ;)

6. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  7. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] By the way, anyone any ideas?? I do Yoga, but the class is going to stop after so many years.. Such a shame.. (Building use changing).. I know I can carry on at home, which I will, but I was thinking of trying Pilates as well.. Has anyone tried it?????? Was it any good?? Any ideas any of you??? [​IMG]

8. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mf..thats how i want to go as well in my sleep..I dont fancy a lengthy stay in hospital or a hospice.. :D Kandy you will have to oil your joints as they will only get worse if you leave them :confused: Its funny really how one minute you are young then one day you look in the mirror and realise you are no longer that young person..I am still very young at heart the spirit is willing the body needs to catch up..grrrrrrrrr
    Fortunately i havnt got any rheumatics to put up with..

9. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] I am very lucky too WF.. My main problem is that I have Arthritis where I have broken bones in the past.. Otherwise very supple & no major aches or pains...!! [​IMG] Good job too with the grandkids around..!! :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi MF. and Wildflower. I think we all feel the same today,and have the same thoughts on how we want to go.My mum had a bad heart all her life due to contracting Rhuematic Fever as a toddler and her mum was told she wouldn't live beyond the age of three!!She was 71 when she passed away,not old by any means,but considering she wasn't meant to last that long,and having 10 children,and adopting one and fostering,I think she did well.
    Her way of going was nice,she just sat in her favourite chair and fell asleep,what a nice way to go with no suffering,though it was upsetting for all us kids...

Wildflower,I take codliver oil capsules everyday and evening primrose as well.

MF I have just been reading about Patrick Duffy{Bobby Ewing from Dallas}He does Pilates and swears it keeps him fit,so there must be something in it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all , looks dry out there and i do believe i,ve captured a bit of an orange sky with my digi, see what they come up like shortly.
    well i,ve got osteo in my hip but had no problems with it for a while better touch wood as i dont want tht kicking off the pain is horendous.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,welcome to the old crocs club :D :D hope you are ok this fine morning.
    I find Devil's claw is very good for my Arthritis,though it takes a couple of weeks to take effect.My little finger has now started playing up and the joint is red and swollen.I just hope all my fingers don't end up like claws :mad:

See you laterxxx

13. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning to you Rosa,you doing anything exciting today?

14. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning rosa, that is why I do the yoga.. To keep it all moving freely.. If I do,,,, I get next to no pain.... If I stop for a while then I seize up..!!! Hence the interest in Pilates.. I know quite a few Celeb's do it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is good...!!! Thanks Kandy, will have a google maybe... [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Old peoples diseases rheumatics..blood pressure..diabetes ..glaucoma ..cattaracts..hip and knee replacements..Not a lot to look forward to is their.. :( The thing is now because we have more knowledge we can try our best to keep them away and i know its a daily struggle but at least we can try..if you dont try you have given up..grrrrrrrrrrr I hope my other half never gets anything seriouse as he would never stop moaning he thinks because he has hayfever he is ill.. :eek: I dont know how i would cope if he did have something seriouse..He has just done 10 years at work without one days sickness so i hope he continues in that way.. :D