Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I have a bread-maker not used it for some time as my other half is not keen on it and he doesnt like anything with grains so i shall make it for myself, he is meat and two veg sort of guy, i like different foods so i normally do two different recipes plain for him fancy for me [​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    Me and t'other half often eat different meals, but he's the spicy one, I'm the plain! He only liked white bread (unless he's having smoked salmon then it's brown bread) till we started making our own and we both just love caraway seeds. The visitors yesterday brought us 1/2 kilo from the UK as I can't find it here! I'll bring at least a kilo back in October! :D

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I love brown bread yet other half likes white bread or rolls, when i make the pate he will try it as he does like pate and i cant make nothing with garlic.
    Dont think i have had caraway seeds will have to get me some and make that bread [​IMG]

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    It's cheaper to buy it from health food stores rather than the grocery shop ... up to 75% cheaper! Schwartz does it in a 38g jar for around a pound, I think, but at the health food store it's 25p for 25g! BIG difference, especially if you like it as much as we do! :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    cheers LoL will try it from them we have a health food shop in our local town [​IMG]

6. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,609
    Breadmakers... brilliant particularly for rolls and pizza dough (and bread).
    LoL, do you eat late retire late as Med (and Atlantic) folk do ?We are used to having our meals round about 5.30-6.00 and go to bed about 11-11.30. We are going to visit my brother in Crete in oct and was told they don't eat till 9.00-10.00 and go to bed about 1.00-200!! :( I think there will have to be a compromise somewhere. One of the reasons we decided not to think about moving out to the Med as I don't think I could adapt to the lifestyle(The heat is no problem). You obviously have. [​IMG]

7. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    At 12.30am I am going to say I don't go to bed late, Strongy! Ha! Unusual for us but we watched a movie that just finished.

We only have two meals a day, brunch and dinner. No, I don't like to eat late ... past 9 o'clock and I've lost my appetite. Given my druthers I prefer 7-7.30 but sometimes it can be a bit later in the summer when I have to heave the watering cans around. Today was late at 8.30 as I forgot to do the marinade earlier (duck breast wraps with my own spring onions). Typically I like to be in bed by 11.30-midnight latest, up at 7.30 or so with a cup of tea, back to bed for a snooze then up nine-ish. T'other half stays up later on the computer and gets up later.

The Portuguese follow the typical Med timings fro what I gather ... I basically stick to the routine we had when we worked ... except when I got up at 7.30 that was it, no bad to bed .. that's a luxury for being Lady of Leisure now!

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Hi folks
    I'm getting ready to go to bed now (1.00 in the morning). I don't sleep much and can eat at almost anytime.

rosa
    I sold all the runner beans (8 lbs from today and 4lbs from yesterday). I'll try and remember to take a phot next time. Our charity this year is a 17 year old boy who has had muscular dystrophy since birth and has never been able to walk. He borrowed a racing wheelchair and entered the marathon this year. He came 5th in his class. He wants to buy his own wheelchair and has been training hard all year. The wheelchair costs �£2,200 and Mrs shiney and I have raised over �£500 so far with opening our garden and selling plants and veggies etc.

Last year the charity we picked was a lady who lives near Hornbeam and looks after orphaned and injured hedgehogs.

Good night everyone, sleep tight and talk to you in the morning.
    -----------------
    shiney

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    well good morning all.
    Great news shiney and mrs shiney yous guys are doing excellent work, its so nice to hear how you are helping the disabled, its marvelous to see many of disabled people entering sports events, keep up the good work.
    and those little hedgehogs getting a second chance :rolleyes: [​IMG]

10. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Well done you Shiney&Mrs.a credit to you both nice to hear of such kindness.
    Hi Rosa hope you're fit & well this morning!!!!!!!!!

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning gogs, just about to have another cup of coffee then i will have to get ready and go across to the shop as i am running out of milk.
    [​IMG] got anything exciting planned for today.

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    No nowt exciting,out in the wilds here no shops,going out at 9 bk about 3.30.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    nothing much going on here just food shopping but having problems at the moment with my freezer so will not get anything frozen, as everything i had in the freezer has defrosted so i will be chucking a lot out. :confused:

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Morning everyone
    I'm a bit late getting on line as my computer was giving me trouble. It told me I no longer had any dial-up facility. I tried all the usual - restart the computer, do a 'restore, look for missing files etc and nothing worked. Couldn't ask my server for help online because I couldn't get on line! Ended up having to phone them on a premium rate number. They tried to take me through all the things I had already done but I just asked them to give me another number to dial up with (free phone)and then downloaded the software again. It seems to be working.

Today I am taking down my two very old wooden sheds that are falling apart and have been eaten through by rats. I'll burn them and then I shall be putting up a metal shed. We'll see if the rats can eat that!

----------------
    shiney

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi shiney good afternoon, thats is the problem when something goes wrong and you have to call on premium numbers they cost a fortune, my friend called tiscali and when her phone bill come in it had cost �£30 to just phone them, mind i think she had to call them quite a few times :D
    Enjoy taking the sheds down mind the rats :D :D :D :D