Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry forgot the weather forecast.It is dark,dry and dark and not much wind and I think also it is dark,but not sure if it is still dark or only slightly dark,or perhaps darker than when I last looked or should that be lighter :D :D

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Going back to old people and shopping i know we are all getting old ..but have you noticed that the old people go out on a daily basis to fetch a chop or a loaf of bread..Here they get free bus travel after 9.30 and then you cant get a seat on the bus as they are all out to fetch their daily chop.. :D :D so as you are the only person paying bus fare you are standing up on your journey while they all sit down it really winds some people up..I am getting old but their is no way ever i will go out on a daily basis shopping..And boy are some of them rude..they trample you and those flaming shopping trolleys run you over..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sorry everyone thats my daily grumble over..me and shopping for food dont get on very well we have all the heavy stuff delivered..and i just do a weekly trolley dash to fetch fresh..

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    All the old people round here seem to take great delight in shuffling round Tesco's to do their daily shop.I expect that is how they get their exercise,and daily gossip meeting all their friends to catch up on all the news.
    We only do the shopping once a fortnight,because we have got a fridge freezer in the garage,so we can fill that up with stuff that will last,but I'm getting fed up with even that chore once a fortnight,and those workers pushing round the wide trollies for the deliveries,take soooo long to get the stuff off of the shelves and into the trolley grrrrrrr

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all,,
    :eek: My, my, we are a cross bunch this morning aren't we???? :D I think shopping has turned into everybodies pet hate hasn't it??? ;) I can say the same for all the old wrinklies down here too... :D It is very frustrating I agree..!!!! They do go for the company I think & the fact that is the way allot have shopped all their lives, except it was the local shops, but now there are so few of them left & most of them are what they call "convenience stores" I think we are more aware of the oldies struggling around the supermarkets.. I agree with you too. Some of them are so rude, even I am shocked by them sometimes... :eek: WF, I think there will always be the family from hell in there too..!!! :rolleyes: Basically, I hate shopping too & go near them as little as possible.....!!! :D

5. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning MF you busy today?
    Like Kandy i forgot the weather,wet n windy here!

6. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning Gogs, Yes, a busy day today... :rolleyes: Going to grandsons School Christmas Fair this afternoon, so shall have to arm myself with plenty of 50ps.. Dull & cloudy with the breeze picking up at the moment.. They say it is going to go down hill fast today & tonight.... Have to make sure everything is bolted down I think..!!!! :eek: Have a good day all, whatever you are doing.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    some of them ride those motorised scooters round supermarkets here ..and believe me they cant drive very well..and expect right of way...And as they rent them out on a hourly basis some of them can walk better than me and take great delight in playing dodgems in those scooters..Their are 2 of the perishing things by the door at my local sainsburys ..i am allways tempted to borrow one.. :D i cant drive and i reckon i could clear the store.. :D :D

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
  9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, by that certainly amused me old grumpies shopping, I find its the younger women that are annoying, banging into you with their trolleys not looking were they are going, half of them should sit a trolley test before they enter the supermarkets.
    would hate to see what they did iff we ever have a food shortage, a similar thing happened when i was in america and the lights went out, boy they cleared the store and ran around like maniacs, there wasnt a torch,candles or water bottles to be found they must of stacked their garages to the hilt, and there was no need everything was sorted.
    well dry morning here little overcast.
    will speak to everyone later have a grand day shopping

10. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    well,have you ever tried to push someone in a wheelchair with a trolley rigged up to it around a supermarket?The trolleys are what i call "wide load" and really should come with a police eascort.Ive been taking my cuz,the one who was ran over and broke her neck,(im gonna bring you all up to date)shopping once a week since she was "released"from hospital and believe me its no easy task.This week i got her stuck in the check out aisle.In the past i have successfully navigated her through but somehow judged it wrong on Tuesday."there is a wide aisle for wheelchairs you know"I heard someone call.I wont repeat what i said to this lady.Having said that, supermarkets are easy compared to the high street shops.I somehow mannage to get her latched on to the dozens of rails that stop you from getting anywhere,knock stacks of whatever over,and people.The poor lass is always handing me stuff to hang back up.I spend the hole day swearing and saying,sorry or excuse me.As for the weather.Well,on Tuesdays i could be in the eye of a tornado and i wouldnt notice cos im too busy concentrating on other things like trying not to murder my fellow shoppers. :D

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi elainefiz, how is your cousin coming along would be nice to have an up date in her condition, say hi to her from me and all at gc.
    No fun i would of thought with a wheelchair, as i normally knock things of the shelves with a small basket :D :D

12. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Afternoon all, we have had some heavy downpours today but at least the wind has died down a bit. Been to Sainsbury's and it wasn't too busy. Beloved is one of those that looks at all the products and compares price per kilogram, I can do the whole shop while he chooses a pizza! A word of warning! avoid the Camelford area on Thursday afternoons as eldest is starting to learn to drive, scarey!

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon celia, very dull here been raining a bit, not windy makes a change.
    pleased i,m at the other end of the country while your yougest is out on the roads, only joking :D :D

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,294
    Hi, folks, just popping in. It's drizzly and gusty here. Been busy today with this and that.

Bought some Camellia seeds today, don't really know why as they are not particularly suited to here but they might grow by my North-facing pergola! Off now to start some Mung Beans on the windowsill.

Sounds like you're having an awful time, elainfiz, but you're an angel helping your cousin with the shopping. Kick the moaners in the shins, says I! :D

15. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Its wet and grey here as well its quite dark and miserable..ELainefiz...i used to take my aunty out in her wheelchair so you have my full sympathy..they are a nightmare to push..and steer..without the idiots in the shops to contend with..Today when i was shopping i ordered ataxi to get back as usual and mine came before the woman in front of me who to be fair had waited longer than me..and she threatend to kick my head in..i just totally ignored her..and so did the taxi driver..then when we got in the taxi with the shopping he radio to his taxi office and told them to make her wait even longer.. :D :D