Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Bye Gogs,speak later :hand:Hi LOL,at least you seem to be having it a bit better than we are at the moment.At least if we get it out of the way now we souldn't get flooded out for Xmas

Speak later [​IMG]

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Evening all,what you been up to today?
    After debating with myself for hours i decided to stay home & do a few jobs + take Charlie for a walk + yap on the phone.(while the cats away etc....)

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Gogs,well we finally went to Northampton and got some more prezzies,but it was bitterly cold so we didn't shop for longer than two hours.There were hoards of people.The shops must be making a fortune...
    On the way home called into the car shop to see what KA cars they had got for sale.They have a silver one that is nice and also a black one,but I like the silver one [​IMG]
    Have you got any prezzies sorted yet?

4. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    You've had a busy day Kandy,yeah i have got some but still got quite a lot to buy.
    O/H says we might go tomorrow,he's a pain in the ..... to shop with,as i'm heading into a shop he's going out :D :D
    Might do a runner on my own !!!!

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Mine hates it as well.I think it is the thought of spending money that does it,and letting the wallet moths get cold :D :D I wouldn't mind but it is mainly for his family grrrr

6. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    HI Gogs,& kandy,what a day the rain has been so heavy here it's seeped into my bedroom window and soaked the nets :mad: Had to get towels out to soak it up o/hs been up the loft to see where it's coming in :confused: In the mean time i've been in the kitchen making bits for christmas and feeding the freezer [​IMG] .Pineapple mint cocktail for starter and cauliflower and broccoli bake.Brandy butter tomorrow. I'm now going to get a large scotch and lemonade [​IMG]

7. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all! Another wet and windy day in parts. We went for a walk down to the river to see it in full flood then squelched our way down the river path, nearly lost my wellies a few times! Began to plan the secluded garden taking measurments from various points and putting them on graph paper. We have managed to get the basic outline done and even thought of a few plants. Took eldest to the deserted airfield to get the hang of the car before his first lessonon Thursday. Saw hundreds of lapwings, sheep and horses. I don't know if the horses are wild or just wintered there, maybe Blackthorn will know?

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi Josie it hasn't been quite as bad up here but still not very nice!
    Enjoy your drink.
    Hi Celia just noticed you were on.

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Josephine,sorry to hear you got a bit flooded.It's a pain when that happens and you have to start mopping up lots of water.Lets hope it is nothing too serious.
    Nice to hear you are getting the freezer stocked up ready I should think for xmas [​IMG]

Hi Celia,what part of Cornwall are you from?We often go down your way in the summer as the dreaded tourists :D :D

10. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Night night all speak to you tomorrow. [​IMG]

11. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning everyone..dont know what the weather is like as i cant hear any wind or rain..so i presume its just damp..
    My daughter took me to a local warehouse yesterday afternoon ..It was hell it is really cheap for all sorts of things xmas paper decorations etc household goods..you can get a bottle of vodka in their for �£4 and stowells wine for �£2..Well it was like being in a stampede..I had the grandkids one on each arm and the daughter had the trolley..The quality of the people was dismal as you can imagine...kids screaming and running riot trolleys coming at you in all directions..But well worth a visit..I managed to part with �£40 on things i didnt really need..I got the kids a santa outfit each.. price ?? 99p In the summer they open a garden centre their as well..Hope you all have a pleasant sunday..

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning WF,looks like you got yourself a few bargains,but I don't think I would have liked to have been crushed half to death by that lot.I expect people were getting stocked up ready for xmas.
    It was damp on the road when I got up but dry,now it is throwing it down.I thought they said it was going to be dry today,so somebody got it wrong...

Hope you have a good day in all that you do [​IMG]

13. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy,It's dry here thank god!!.I ment to say my daughter and family live up in your neck of the woods a village called Wollaston do you know of it,and my young brother lives in east hunsbury.Well off to the kitchen again.Have a good day. [​IMG]

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Josephine,Yes I know Wollaston,we lived in Earls Barton for 21 years and Wollaston is a village close by.We had the beautiful Nene Valley on our doorstep,so we were able to walk along by the river at all times of the year,though the noise from the A45 spoilt it.I know of East Hunsbury,but haven't visited the area much,we just drive round the outskirts of it.We are now over at the new village of Mawsley being created over near Kettering.Out in the sticks as all our friends keep telling us [​IMG]
    Hope you also have a good day

15. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning you guys the weather ain't worth mentioning this morning.
    Bargains galore for you then wildflower great !
    You busy in the kitchen again Josephine.
    Did you get slept ok last night Kandy?