Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Chance would be a fine thing!!!! Unless there's a man on here with a passion for washing up who fancies paying me a visit???? Macleaf, Dag, Hornbeam??? Anyone???? :D :D :D

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all,
    Well another very busy weekend behind me... [​IMG]
    :mad: I was very shocked to hear the old boy I care for in the village, had his pocket picked on Saturday... His wallet with everything in + all his Xmas cash gone...!!!!!! Police, not very helpful, but then at this time of year I suppose it is understanable... Trouble is the old boy is totally devastated by it all..!!! He was so confused he couldn't emember what to do about all his cards etc... Luckily I was able to put a stop on them all yesterday..!!! Today I shall take hime to the banks etc & try to sort out what we can..!!! This has totally ruined his Christmas as you can imagine..!!! To top it all, his wife is in a home & they have a virus there so he is not allowed to go in & see her either.... Poor old chap is in tears... It is so hard to see him like this.. You would think his children might help him, but no..!!!! So who knows how today will turn out..!!! Ho hum....! :mad:

Well just to add another bit of gloom... It is POURING with rain here..!!! Oooghhh..!!!! I hope it will cheer up...!!!! Need some sunshine to put a smile on my face today I think & his...!!!!! :(

Have a good day all of you..!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I like it MF and Windy,good morning everyone,hope you all well.I am already getting lost with what day it is.Woke up thinking it was Sunday :D then realised,that it in fact Monday :( Got loads to do this week,by raiding the loft of all the xmas stuff,that should make it lighter,though I am not sure where it all will go...Just got a load of ironing done and I have another airing rack full to do when it dries.I can't be bothered with treking out to the tumble dryer.

Washing up is the one thing my hubby likes doing while we are away,though at home he isn't keen.Everyone round here has dish washers,but I don't think I would have the patience to stand and fill it and empty it. :(

4. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Marley - send the old boy my best wishes won't you. Bless him!! It's devastating when something like that happens, especially so close to Xmas. I'll be sending him good thoughts and very evil ones to the swine who dipped his pockets :mad:

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Oh Marley you have brought tears to my eyes,how terrible that some rotten scum bag has done this.It would be bad enough if it was one of us youngstersit happened to but for it to happen to some one older that has probably done more for this country,than that creature could ever do,really makes my blood boil.He is lucky to have such a kind caring person who is willing to do things to put it right.And don't tell me about uncaring families,been there seen that..Please give him a hug for me.I wish we could have a collection for him from us members,to at least help him in some small way...My heart goes out to him,and his poor wife,and to you for taking the time to help another human being....

6. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    ;) Awwww thanks Windy.... Kandy I will tell him... You are both so kind..!!! I think he would have coped better any other time of the year, but not now...!!!!! One of the things I shall try to sort out is consolidating all his accounts down to one...!!!! I was most shocked when I found out how many accounts he actually had & all had some monies in them..!!!!! :eek: It is so difficult for him really... He doesn't really understand todays technology & has just left things as they were, rather than sort it out...!!! He didn't like to ask me, but as his kids wouldn't help he didn't know what to do....! :mad: Which is why he has asked me to sort it all out fo him now... Poor old sod...!!! Never mind we will get to the bottom of it in the end...!! Old people with heart conditions don't do well with shock..!! Oh well, he is managing I suppose... Hopefully they haven't emptied his accounts...! I am hoping that as there was a large amount of cash they wont't have bothered with the cards before I managed to put a stop on them all..!!!! :eek:

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning to all of you [​IMG]
    MF ,that is a sad reminder of how cruel these lowlife criminals are ,its always the vulnerable they prey on.Please accept my sincere good wishes that it all turns out ok for the gentleman concerned.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning windy, kandy and marley, gogs
    that is shocking news marley tell him i send my best wishes, awful just an awful thing to happen, they wouldnt do it to a fit person, know they just attack our elderly, they should be ashamed of themselves but me know they are just heartless nasty thugs.
    got to get photos this morning and send our passports to visa india in london, they say it takes 5 working days and if we send them today we will get them before we fly.

9. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It happens all the time ..old people are vulnerable because they carry cash around or leave it in the house..The police will look at it but unfortunately it wont be priority..its only important to the victim..Their are loads of vile people around i read in a sunday paper yesterday that an old lady was smashed in the face because she wouldnt give carol singers at her door money..!! Its just the way things are going..I dont open my door if i am here alone i dont care who it is i just ignore them..and when i go to the shops i am carefull with my purse..when i was shopping saturday a warning came over the speakers to tell people pick pockets were around...and to be carefull with the purse or wallett..they are just so skilled and fast at lifting them.. :mad:

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to everyone who has just joined us and have read Marley's story.I don't think there is a punishment that would be good enough to dish out to those types of scum.It is a sad fact of life now in today's society that this is how things are.They don't care who's life they destroy as long as they get the money and cards..there just isant any respect for anyone these days and they know they can get away with it in most cases :(

Rosa,hope everyhting goes ok for you with the visa's.Do you have to have any innoculations for Goa or are you ok?
    Anyway hope you all have a good day in all you do [​IMG]

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( I & you know it happens all the time WF. I think he would have coped with the incident better perhaps if he had been in Bristol or Gloucester, a city like you... Trouble is, he wasn't.... He was just in the small local town, where, according to the police we do NOT have a problem.... I now beg to differ on that point...!!!! Old people are vulnerable full stop these days I think..... These thugs just see them as easy pickings...!!!! :eek: :mad:

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    When I lived in Manchester I was standing in the market waiting for a friend who was late. I noticed these 2 shady geezers watching everyone and looking very suspicious at opposite ends of the market. Convinced they were up to no good, I went over and said to one "I know what you're doing, I've been watching you so unless you want me to ring the police I'd move on if I were you"

He grabbed me by the arm and turned me to face the wall, and then produced his police ID and told me they were plain clothes and looking for pickpockets!!! OOps!!!!! They were very convincing though - they looked for all the world like crims!!!!!

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Exactly Windy....!!!!! You just never know who it is these days....!!!! Oh well must get going...
    Have a good day all..!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,216
    Morning all. Have just logged and know you are all out and about with your day.

How dreadful for your elderly gentlemen, MF, and my heart goes out to him. Having just lost my father in the summer, I am aware how disoriented they become in such situations. You are very kind to help him out and he is very lucky to have you since his children do not seem to care.

Rosa, hope your visa comes back in time with the last-minute Christmas post, etc.

Have a plesant day everyone!

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I have just heard on the radio this lunch time that police have arrested a 37 year old male,supermarket employee for the murder of the girls down in Suffolk.He has been named as well,which I thought they didn't do at this stage,unless I have got it wrong.At least now hopefully the women of Ipswich can sleep easier in their beds,though it doesn't help the victims very much :(