Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Let's hope the police have arrested the right bloke. As regards Marley's story - what can you say? bring back the cat? Birch 'em? Put them in the stocks?

Young thugs are just about immune from the law even if caught. Prisons are too full, teachers not allowed to cane, parents not allowed to smack, truancy rewarded with expulsion, ASBOs a badge of "honour" and most desirable in terms of street cred...

They never know discipline and have very little understanding of right and wromg. If you want something - take it! However, we must not lose sight of the fact that most youngsters are decent people who would be just as horrified as we are. They still become nurses, doctors, teachers etc and still have a commitment to care.

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree with every thing Hb has said ..But its all these do gooders that have got us into this state..And people wittering on about human rights ..they dont deserve human rights..Unfortunately old people are easy targets..As most of them are slow and careless with purses etc..you see them going along with purses on top of their bags..and you just know its a crime waiting to happen..I used to have a old man next door to me and he was robbed several times in the end his daughter put him in a home for his own safety..twice he let burglars in !! as he came from the days when someone knocks the door and you invite them in.. :(

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thank goodness they have found the person that murdered them girls, it was just a matter of time for him to be caught.

kandy sent papers return special delivery, guaranteed delivery to the indian visa place tommorow, called them up yesterday before i booked the flights and he guaranteed me i will have them as long as they were sent this morning.

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,216
    Just watched the 4 o'clock news and it has been confirmed. A supermarket employee, part-time taxi driver and ex-Special Police Officer!

5. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    But we don't know if this bloke is the Suffolk murderer. He may be innocent. Would the real killer go to the Sunday papers and go on the internet and draw attention to himself in the way that this person has? He sounds like a fantasist to me - the sort that comes forward after every murder and seeks notoriety. Let's wait and see if he is released without charge or brought to trial. And then await the verdict :confused:

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    evening everyone,hope you are all well and have had a good day.It is cold and damp outside and looks a bit like fog is forming.Forgot my forecast this morning,so thought I had better do it now :D Have a good evening in whatever you all do [​IMG]

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,216
    We agree with you, HB, thought it all happened a bit quickly for not having a jot of info previously! :confused:

8. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    evening all trust you are all well,lucky to be here had a little mishap last night,might tell you when i feel calmed down,surfice to say wifey had a hand in it

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry to hear about it Mac,hope you and your other half wasn't hurt in any way [​IMG]

10. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Oh thats ok then,hope she wasn't trying to set fire to it again :D :D [​IMG]

12. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Just to let you all know... My elderly gent who had his pocket picked on Saturday...! He says "Thank you all" for your good wishes to him.... It has made him feel allot better, thank you...!! [​IMG] :( We managed to establish that no monies were removed or charged to any of his cards..... Thank goodness!!!! They think because of the amount of cash, they didn't bother with the cards...! Of course other things have come to light, but nothing that can't be sorted fairly easily.... When all the cards are replaced & we know what is going, on we are going to consolidate his accounts...! [​IMG]
    It is quite shocking really to see how many different ones he had... About 4 times as many as me...!!! :eek: The bank told me how common this is with old people..... Trouble is now it is all chip & pin it has made it into a nightmare for allot of them.. Confusion..!!!!! :rolleyes:
    So thanks one & all. Looks like we will have a reasonably happy outcome in the end. Shame it takes such a nasty thing to happen though to highlight the finacial mightmares allot of our elderly people have...!!!! :eek: [​IMG]

Oh & BTW, the police said it is a gang from a nearby city that is moving out to smaller towns for the Xmas season...!!! Also quite organised, not your average yobs, or to look at either, at all apparently... Smartly dressed etc, etc.... So my advice to you all is.... Be ever watchful & vigilant...!!! How many of you have very personal things in your wallets/purses.. Ireplacable photos perhaps..???? Well so did my old gent & in a way that has upset him more....!!!!! To think someone has just thrown that away somewhere...!!!!

[ 18. December 2006, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]

14. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to hear that MF,being one myself,i do understand,sorry for him mate

15. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342