Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    When I first went over to broadband I used BTinternet. They were very good and had a technical help-line which was free! I only cnaged because TV reception is so poor here I had to get cable and a bundled package of phone, TV and internet was the cheapest

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi liz, I was with bt had no problems then switched over to tiscali and i dont know whether they have a free number or not.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Hi liz
    I'm with BT and the helpline is now 50p a minute but they work pretty fast. They try to encourage you to use the help on the website which doesn't cost anything.

rosa
    Taking the sheds down was a very mucky job but I had help (which I paid for) and they were using a chain saw to cut the sections into pieces. There were three of us working and it took nearly five hours to take them down (the sheds) ;) , cut them up, carry them down the garden and burn them.

The next job is to lay a base for the new shed and Mrs shiney wants to use the hard base that both sheds were on to turn it into a sheltered patio area for eating in - with a pergola over the top. The area is about 10 x 18 and because it is different levels of concrete and paving we have decided that it would be easier to put decking there instead of trying to level everything. This area is near the house and the shed will now be sited down the garden - so we need to make a new base to put the shed on.

Good night folks.
    ----------------
    shiney

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,823
    Morning everyone.

I've been out in the garden cleaning up where the sheds were. It's very dull and dreary out there with a chilly wind - but I don't want the heatwave back!

We're going to fix the new shed onto paving stones (the cheapest slabs we can find) and so far have found them at �£2.19 each in Homebase with �£4.50 delivery charge and �£1.19 in Wickes with �£28 delivery charge. will keep looking.

have a nice day!!

-----------------
    shiney

5. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning Shiney & everyone

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,823
    Morning Gogs

I'm pleased I did my little bit in the garden earlier this morning as it is raining quite steadily now. The slugs are loving it - they are dancing on the patio!
    ----------------
    shiney

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    This thing keeps disconnecting very annoying.mean't to say we got some paving slabs for free,advertised locally saved me money (more plants).

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,823
    Too far for me to come and get some. [​IMG]
    ----------
    shiney

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good Morning All, by shiney you where up with the larks, ive just got up onto my first cup of coffee.
    You will have to put some pics up of your new decking area that should look very nice and the pagola what sort of climbers iff any, are you and mrs shiney thinking of.
    Gogs it happens to me sometimes especially my tiscali after i have typed a letter and go to send it says my session has ended and logs me off, very annoying.These things are sent to try us [​IMG]

10. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hey i have a star.Great Stuff

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,823
    Hi rosa

I'll take a photo of the space when it stops raining and then one when the decking is down. Don't hold your breathe for the second photo!
    ------------------
    shiney

12. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL..if you see this why dont you grow your own caraway seed ??..i have caraway seed plants and they are easy to grow...

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    Hi, Wildflower! I've been out all morning, then have to take Magic Sam to the vet at 4pm for his annual rabies shot (he's on a Pet Passport).

I would grow the caraway if I had the seed. Ha, ha, now you're going to tell me to plant some of my 1/2 kilo, right? Or is it like coriander where the seeds have been treated and don't germinate? I'm interested to get your answer because if I can, I'll be out there later potting some up! :D

14. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you have the seed just pot it up....will put a caraway seed post up in the herb section..

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    Thanks again for that, Wildflower ... picked up info in the Herb section and shall go out after the vet visit and plant some seed! [​IMG]