Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon dag,LoL and pal trust everyone is fine.
    dag yes french fries to you southerners, on boxing day not xmas day.
    just made my cranberry dip and had to use jars of cranberry sauce with the rest of the ingredients couldnt get cranberries :D :D

2. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Cranberries? There were dozens of packs on the shelves at Tescos ..A product I've never seen before other than in a jar!
    On the food subject..Who are the people who buy ready grated cheese and carrots and peeled spuds???????????? [​IMG]

3. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :D :D Ooops!...just been informed my Daughter is one of them :rolleyes: :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    pal couldnt be bothered to drive up to tescos, my local coop is like sainsburys we have here, you can never get what you are looking for.
    do you not think them ready grated cheeses etc are expensive, never seen peeled spuds in the stores here.

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,207
    Have to admit I buy grated cheese here because I can choose what I want (say, three cheese mix) and not have to buy three hunks. Not that cheese goes to waste here as we love cheese, but smaller pieces and different types.

They even have the peeled spuds here, Rosa!

6. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Afternoon everyone..The vitamin content decreases fast in those prepacked peeled veg..the same with those bags of salad leaves..I think i prefer to peel my own..
    I am sat here now with a glass of rum punch all the daily chores done..tommorow is another day.. :eek:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I peel my own and dont like those frozen veggies no taste.
    I could imajine the pre packed cheeses would be ok but i like to buy the big blocks for different uses sliced for crackers and sandwiches

8. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wildflower - I'm the same, but its Baileys for me!! [​IMG] Just finished the wrapping [​IMG] So it's 'chill' time for the rest of the day!!!! Yay! Yay! Yay! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I only like irish cheese..but i have tried some nice organic cheese from sainsburys and its quite tasty..I dont buy pre pack veg its over priced for one thing..i suppose its usefull for busy people..I dont like ready meals either..I worked in tescos once as a saturday job before i left school and i was on the prepacked cheese and butter counter and on the corners of the prepack thats where they start to go mouldy first..so the manager told me to just snip the mouldy bit off so i refused and we had a row and i pushed him into the fridge he fell backwards and i walked out..so now when i buy cheese i make sure the corners havnt been snipped..

10. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I need rum punch my o/h has been like zippy today he changed the beds did the ironing washed the woodwork down went to the shops ..had his dinner then scrubbed the kitchen ..he was starting to get on my nerves too much action going on.. :mad: Then he started wittering about what we were doing tommorow..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

11. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG] [​IMG] wildflower, sounds as if you have the situation well under control! :D :D

12. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Dag.. i have everything under control except the television remote.. :D :D

13. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :D :D Not quite wildflower, I suspect that dear old Connor has you under control! :D :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thats what i lose control of remote, shoved him out the door before so that i can get on, just cleaned all the bathroom, doing the hoovering again and making up the bed-settee for the daughter, everything pretty much under control in the kitchen.

15. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder what men did with their hands before they sat clutching remote controls like they were gold nuggetts..If i have it and go out the room he takes it before i get back..grrrrrrrr and he keeps switching sky sports on and thats worth an extra grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr