Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    the mind boggles there wildflower :D :D yes he does the same and of course straight over to sports channel and i miss all my lovely xmas ads he hates them and there he goes flickering away with the remote, paper and cigs beside him with his feet up, then i get pet can i have a cup of coffee mind i always get please and thank you :D :D

2. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Mrs.DAG has the remote permanently by her side. She can have it as far as I am concerned! :D

What did men do with their hands wildflower? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    we have other tellys in the spare room and bedroom which i hate in there, but the main large one in the lounge thats were he grabs the remote, sometimes i,m not bothered as a lot of the time the tv is rubbish and we both watch the soaps and dramas.
    I guess men played with their footballs :D :D

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Men and Hands...Well they probably sat rolling ciggarettes !!!or building little models out of matchsticks..or rolling their thumbs with boredom.. :D :D because before the remote control men had to get off their backsides and walk to the telly to switch channels :D :D

5. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Wildflower - be like us and have a remote each :rolleyes:

We didn't intentionally get another one but the original wouldn't work so we bought another one - then clever son called in one day and mended it so voila! two remotes. Handy because when o/h dozes off I can switch to something else and when he wakes up I tell him he's missed his programme :D :D

And I know what you mean about working with food. If only people could see behind the scenes.
    Many years ago I worked briefly in a large grocery shop (before supermarkets). The side of bacon used to lay uncovered on a butchers block and the shop's cat used to sit on it to take it's daily snooze.

[​IMG]

6. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I would need two sky remotes as my television works through the sky remote..we actually have 3 that he takes control of .. :D :D The actual television one doesnt change the channels but he keeps that by his seat as well.. :D :D

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,207
    Remote controls ... I despise them! We have countless controls and even multi-function controls that control controls. And that's not including the controls that control the lights and heating.

I can now manage the light remote control but I'm afraid if I want to watch the television (which is a rarity) I have ask t'other half to put it on. And forget about the video ... I really haven't got a clue! This is ditto in the bedroom where the same devices operate, except for the lighting functions.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jjordie, I'd almost rather put up with the cat snoozing on the side of bacon than I would other tales I've heard of foodstuffs! [​IMG]

8. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    wildflower, why don't you just take the batteries out!!! :D :D

9. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    dag ..I cant do that as then he would be bored and would want his turn on the pc.. :D :D Its sky sports i hate the most or his tastes in films.. :( fortunately he works shifts so he isnt allways here.. :D
    LOL..i too am useless with remote controls i dont use the remote with the stereo..and i even put the dvd on without the remote..if i had to work the lights by remote control we would be sitting by candlelight !!our television has no buttons at all so i have to use the remote for that..

10. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont have these problems as wifey has them or Little Leaf sits on them and then with have alsorts of programs,what i would really like is a little box that when pressed sends wifey in orbit for an hour or so :D :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  12. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to you Gogs,anything in your E mail today

13. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi Mac,must check that out in a while,are you well?

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,207
    Evening macleaf and Gogs.

Wildflower, the lights are easy-peasy, believe me! :D Four button in a vertical row, turns on these, those, this, that and four neatly next to them that turn them off!

All I can say is that thank goodness t'other half does not like sports (contact), one of the reasons I married him. We do, however, both like motor racing, rallying, winter olympics, ice skating (I know, strange, but I used to ice skate and he can stay up ... on two blades) and such like. We also like ten-pin bowling and snooker.

15. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi Lol how's things with you today?