Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    These are extreme hangover cures.. :D :D

Extreme Measures - The Upward Purge
    Rich and fashionable Romans who were famed for their bacchanalian feasts built themselves special rooms in which to indulge in the ââ?¬Å?Upward Purge.ââ?¬Â These rooms, known as vomitories, always had a marble rail over which my lord or lady would dangle while a slave tickled the back of their throat. After drinking a few soothing glasses of warm water to recover from the effort of what is called an emetic - they would return to their partying.

A high enema (use your imagination) achieved much the same but the herbal emetic is less gross. I suggest, if you decide this is the only solution for you, that you use mustard - which should do the job in no time at all. You need to drink four or five glasses of mustard juice until you retch. If this doesn�t do the trick and you don�t have a Roman slave to hand, try the finger at the back of the throat trick. If you can�t stomach the idea of mustard, salt might just do the trick.

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    wildflower think the cure could be worse than the disease :D [​IMG]

3. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning All [​IMG]
    I'm on first this morning!!
    Got to take my car to the garage today :( Praying that they don't find anything badly wrong with it [​IMG] or it could turn out v. expensive!! If she gets the all clear I'm going to treat her to a car wash and hoover [​IMG] [​IMG] She'll probably die of shock!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning windy and everyone else i have only just got up late for me..I wont be doing much today,.. :D

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't blame you WF!! I'd rather not be taking the car but it's got to be done :( The steerings rather spongy, the tracking is massively out, and ramming it into the hedge must have dislodged some wires because my rear window de-mister has stopped working :rolleyes: Luckily, the mechanics a close friend, so I know he won't con me into having unneccessary work done. But he insisted on seeing it muttering something about suspension, so keep everything crossed that she's ok!!!!!!!!

6. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope the car gets sorted as cheap as possible for you..I suppose you couldnt do without it where you live..

7. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks WF!
    No the car is essential down here. The buses are every 2 hours and stop at 7pm!! God only knows how I'd do a weeks shopping!! :eek: :eek: Going to start taking more care of her - it can be my New Years Resolution!! :D :D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, do hope you get the car sorted windy will keep my fingers crossed for you

9. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning you guys how's things with you all?
    I'm late up this morning,got a bit of a headache too [​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi gogs, feeling ok went out yesterday and had a chinese takeaway last night was ok.
    do hope your headache clears nothing worse than a banging head.

11. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi Rosa,once i get into gear the headache should go ,just a sluggish thing i think.
    Talking of food its turkey & turkey with everything else,might even be turkey curry tonight :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi gogs, having turkey and chips today finish it of, mind it was really nice the crown i got from morrisons, plenty of stuffing left also

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Hi windy, wildflower,Gogs and Rosa! Good luck with the car windy and hope it's not too bad, ie, expensive! :eek:

Bit of a grey day here, sun just peeping out, but it's much warmer at 11oC already!

Friends not arriving for lunch until one, plan on eating two-ish ... cottage pie which I made last evening so just have to do the veggies so no rush for me this morning.

Savouring my Earl Grey the moment.

14. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi Lol,have a good day with your friends!

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Thanks, Gogs. Won't be a boozy one ... he doesn't drink at the moment, seems to be allergic to everything and she will probably drive and will also more than likely have to work later ... she's a mobile masseure so her hours are strange.