Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Does anyone else have this problem ... our friends have rung and said they will now not be here till 1.30 or 1.45 as they are running late. They live 15 minutes away. We were just saying that in all the years we have know them, we cannot think of one time they have been on time. Even when we go to them, one or the other of them may not be there!

I find it very frustrating because I'm a timely sort of person ... had to in my work so I guess it's just carried over.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    LoL i have a friend like that she is always late and when she does come to see me she is always on her flaming mobile and texting, dont know why she comes to see me.

3. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Still waiting .... good job I did the food last night and just have to heat it except for the veggies!

Rosa, this one can yak on the mobile when you're visiting / she's visiting as well, and not necessarily business! RUDE!

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    quite agree i think it is very rude, when you visit someone and they are on there mobile all the time, my daughter does it, I told her its the height of bad manners, so now she dissapears into the other room with her beloved friend {mobile} :D :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    forgot to say LoL when someone has asked you for dinner and turning up later that is just as rude and thoughtless of the person when you have gone to all the trouble of making them a meal

6. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Have put a couple of pics. of part of my previous garden on members gallery.

7. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Gogs, my Darling, will go look in a minute or two.

Hey, Rosa, you'll love this ...

They did arrive but only the husband and her boy (aged 15) she was in the vehicle on the mobile for several minutes.

We went to their house once when we were asked to arrive about 5ish for drinks before dinner ... dinner was served at past ten! I can't eat at that time of night and must admit I had had a few too many by the time dinner arrived, as had everybody else ... what was the point ???

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning,beaten you this morning wildflower [​IMG] i'm still half asleep.
    How are you this morning?

9. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I was here first gogs i just didnt write anything.. :D I went away to do your pictures.. :D :D yes i am okay another day looming ahead of me..

10. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,
    I got up early and did some glossing in the hall - 3 doors done,5 to go :eek: [​IMG] I've only got 7 more days off work, so I'd better get a move on !!!!! :rolleyes: :D

11. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Windy ..I hope you intend to have at least one day of your holiday to yourself :eek: You are a workaholic..

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hardly!!!!! I hate glossing :mad: But I can't stand looking at it any more - it makes the whole house look shabby :mad: But it's a nightmare doing the hall-the flaming kids are in and out like blue-*rsed flies :D :D Much easier to do when they're still sleeping!!!

13. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Be thankfull you havnt got my dog around when anyone is painting he allways sits his fat body up it..he gets covered in paint and the wall or woodwork gets covered in dog hair.. :D

14. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    :D :D :D
    It'll be my boy,if anyone, who sticks himself to it :rolleyes: But at least he won't leave it hairy!!!! :D :D

15. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Know the situation trying to paint with dogs around!!!Wildflower.(the pics. are good,like them.)
    Hi Windy,have a good day!