Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I went out in layers wooly socks and that heavy long coat.. :D :D The dog enjoyed his walk though..i might go to bham in that coat sat if its still cold.. :D

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    nice pic wildflower, the look on your face shows dissapointment WHERES THE SNOW :D :D

3. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    rosa...No snow and just a mild ground frost !! What a joke ..their is something in the clouds at the moment probably more rain !!!I was looking at the long range weather forcast and it looks like the wind will be coming back grrrrrrrrrrrr it had better not take my fences again.. :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    wildflower,sunny here now but very windy, just been speaking to jazz and all her fences were taken by the wind, she said she has spent a lot of money getting them put back up.
    jazz has changed to bt so she will be back on soon, just got her e-mail address and sent her one.

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Hi everyone ,Still snowing but thawing as it hits the ground,I,ve just come in from visiting my 6 pals.
    [​IMG]

6. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    [​IMG] Doh! I just noticed shiney is back, welcome back fella! [​IMG]

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi all,hope you've had a good day ,me i'm still frozen ,must be thin blooded methinks!!!!

8. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    morning everyone..Well its another cold day in store wish i had a real fire instead of the central heating !!I am sure you feel warmer if you have a fire to look at..when we used to be in the raf we had no heating just coal fires so i used to buy bags of logs and have it roaring up the chimney and we were really warm..my heating was on all day yesterday and never went over 25 the house is just to big and draughty it laboured away though trying its best,,

9. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,
    Cold here too, I'm just bracing myself for a potentially hazardous drive to work :eek: I don't like driving in the frost after spinning into the hedge - especially going down the valley over the lake :eek: :eek: Wish me luck!!!!!

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, that fire sounds lovely and cosy wildflower, remember years ago my nana had a real fire, no central heating in them days and i loved the glow from it, we had toast done over the fire, brings back lots of memories.
    dry here but quite dull bracing myself to go out.
    good luck with the drive to work windy just be extra careful in that frost.

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,194
    Morning folk! It's drizzling and cold ... thought you'd all like to know that!

We've always lived in old houses and had open fires, no central heat although in Bucks we had a back boiler which ran water to radiators.

Here we have a huge fireplace with a closed wood burner which can keep it running all night. We use cork oak and the smell is fantastic!

Off out and about soon till this afternoon.

Have a good day all ... and keep warm! [​IMG]

12. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning everyone i am doing my mad trolley dash today !! That will warm me up! o/h has been ordered to get outside and dismantle what is left of the greenhouse it looks like a s**** yard outside and he has to get a skip as well..and get his shed emptyied..That will keep him busy !! :D

13. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,
    It's Friday!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Last day of the working week for me - yay!!!!!!! Cold here this morning, even with the heating on. Tonight I don't have to go anywhere - double yay!!!! Panto rehearsals for youngest have been cancelled, so it's a hot date with a cold Stella and a good browse of the seed catalogues!! Ooh, I can't wait!! [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, everyone seems busy today, did all my ironing yesterday off the holiday, just a few things to iron,hoovering later and a general clean around as o/h is back tonight for the weekend.

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,194
    Good morning wildflower, windy and rosa ... and a Boa Fim Semana to you. Happy end of the week is what we say for the weekend and they start saying it to each other as early as Thursday (if you're not going to see the person before the weekend). It will be said all day today on the radio and throughout the weekend ... they just love the phrase.

It's a lovely, sunny but crisp day here and with a sharp breeze, so I'll stay indoors and try to finish my painting.

Speak later.