Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Morning wildflower and anyone else.

Good luck on getting everything installed properly today.

You definitely need to have them sort that fire alarm out!

Shopping day for me today, plus must go into Portimao to get more paint from Staples, so I won't be able to start another painting until mid afternoon. A tomorrow evening posting for me.

Have a good day and hope the computer man and alarm man get there before you are snowed in.

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL..We have staples here in the uk as well they must be multi national..i am stilll online waiting for pc to get here its still snowing..the schools are all closed..it wont last long as they forcast rain for the weekend so i guess we may as well enjoy it while it lasts..

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning wildflower and LoL and everyone else.
    looks like wildflower is having fun and games with the fire alarm, and good luck with the new pc and taking some lovely pics of the snow.
    no more snow here but its cold and dull out there, got to go out just along the road to the post office to send some pictures and must say not looking forward to going out there.
    good luck LoL getting your paints, I have loads of water colours but definately going through the white very quickly, must get a large tube, just looked i have 4 small tubes left. have a good day speak later

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Wildflower, I remember Staples from the UK, we had one in Newport, IoW. There's been one here near Faro for a few years but this one at Portimao (nearer me) opened last summer so that's convenient.

It's the white I'm going for, rosa, as I only have one 20ml tube left. Like you, I use loads of it, either doing bases or lightening other colours. Staples does it in 120ml/4oz tubes for about 7 Euros (just over �£4).

5. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Wildflower, I remember Staples from the UK, we had one in Newport, IoW. There's been one here near Faro for a few years but this one at Portimao (nearer me) opened last summer so that's convenient.

It's the white I'm going for, rosa, as I only have one 20ml tube left. Like you, I use loads of it, either doing bases or lightening other colours. Staples does it in 120ml/4oz tubes for about 7 Euros (just over �£4).

6. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    morning everyone i will only be writing small amounts for a few days as my new pc wont work till i get some updated aol software for windows vista its coming in the post..grrrrrrrrr
    so i have my old pc on the dining table to use till the software comes..its very uncomfortable..and very difficult to make creative art as the mouse struggles accross the table cloth.. :D and even worse because we crashed the old pc i have had to totally reboot it and add all the security back so i seem to be uploading and downloading grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    then i shall have to do it all again as soon as that software arrives..
    no doubt it will get sorted eventually..
    lol..their is a massive staples here its a superstore..i think your paints are cheap but they are not as cheap as the ones you can get from the works..they do mail order i wonder if they would do over seas ??
    http://www.theworks.co.uk/

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning wildflower and all.
    I bought the sets of boldmere water colours from a shop near me royal quays they were about that price all small tubes but still a great buy.
    Went to a large art shop and the small tubes cost �£4.75 each.
    I also bought a set of dali paints and they were �£10 for the full set.
    do hope you get your new pc working very soon.

8. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all, just seen the above about paints, and I must admit I only buy regular stuff, but I get a discount at my art shop.

Regarding 'The Works' shops, can get very cheap canvases there, but their cheap paint brushes are useless for painting, but ok for putting masking fluid on with! ;)

Happy painting ladies!

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning dag,These water colours i got seem ok boldmere and dali but the brushes are good ones i bought expensive Aquafine Daler-Rowney, I have a couple of cheaper brushes and you are right they are useless for painting.
    have a good day painting [​IMG]

10. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Morning wildflower, rosa and DAG ... what a surprise to see you here, Poppet!

Rosa, I got the large (120ml/4ox) tubes of my white yesterday at Staples. It was cheaper than I thought, 5,99 Euros so about �£3.60. Got two tubes as I use so much.

I shall finish my "different" scene up later today and post this evening.

Happy computerig to you wildfower, and happy painting to you rosa and DAG!

It's a lovely sunny morning and 12 degrees already so should be a super day.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL, just been on staples website and there is no paints on that site its all office furniture, inkjet printers, lazer pens .
    Thats a good price for the large white, bet they are more than that in my art shop just for one of them, got a few tubes left so i,m ok for the time being but when i go to my local art shop will let you know how much i paid for the large tube.not painting at the moment having a break.

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    This Staples has an entire row devoted to art. Must say their canvasses are horribly expensive but everything else seems reasonable.

Just looked at our site and yours and ours has much more on it. It doesn't have the paints but has easels,etc.

13. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    LOL, well 'Poppet' is a typical bloke, can only think of one thing at a time, and art is the current preoccupation! :D

Must say that I mainly use white, the colours last a very long time, so not so bothered about getting good quality paint.

Rosa, Hope you don't forget your sketching? ;)

Have a good day ladies!

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    where do you get your canvasses from iff staples is expensive, our staples here doesnt sell art essentials and the large art store i found in my area is very expensive.
    never mind i found 2 sores close by were i can get the water colour paper and paints inexpensive so when i go again going to pick up some more paints and paper and i will spend less than �£20, its the large white i cant get so will be forced to pay more at my local Art shop.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Dag yes we were just saying we go throw the white like no ones business and you just use very little colour so they will last ages, used quite a lot of black so far.
    havnt done sketches since i started this painting, will look forward to going to Alicante then i will think about taking my own pictures and i may even paint outdoors as at the moment painting from my pc.